Earth Hearts You!

VileTouch

I heart you all!

so fire up the playlist and let's start

It's that time of year when love is in the air, and it's all over the Earth - and even in space.

Here is a selection of images showing Nature has a heart, too

Galešnjak

Croatia

CpJS9zj.jpg

A tiny island in the Adriatic has become a holiday hit for lovers because it is shaped like a heart. The 130,000 square yard islet of Galesnjak came to prominence after its unusual shape was highlighted on Google Earth. Even the owner of the uninhabited island - now known as Lovers' Island - didn't realise how perfectly heart-shaped the island off the Croatian coast was until he was swamped with requests from couples to stay there.

Google Maps

Tūpai

French Polynesia

nSA8toO.jpg

Tūpai, also called Motu Iti, is a low-lying atoll in Society Islands, French Polynesia. It lies 19 km to the north of Bora Bora and belongs to the western Leeward Islands (Iles sous le Vent). and it's only 11 km² in area.

Its broad coral reef encloses a shallow sandy lagoon. There are almost continuous long wooded motus on Tūpai's reef. Tupai has no permanent residents apart from some workers in the coconut plantations

Google Maps

The Heart Reef

Whitsundays, Australia

53116.jpg

Heart Reef was discovered in 1975 by one of Air Whitsunday's pilots and is now an internationally recognised attraction of the Whitsundays and features on many postcards and brochures promoting the Whitsunday region and the Great Barrier Reef.

Many an amateur photographer has been amazed by the fact that their own photos look just like the brochures

Google Maps

Heart Shaped Cloud
Hlodosy, Ukraine

974u8UD.jpg

Not there any more... just a quick reminder that earth hearts you! :)

Google Maps

FU2p0Jk.png

Oops!
Ok, I'm going to have to leave it at that for now
as my connection is acting up.
there's more coming, though

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived