[Solved] unidentified network in vmware workstation

asf

Hi there

I have VMware Workstation 11.1 on my PC, and for whatever reason i'm unable to setup a network between the host PC and the Virtual PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Solution: I updated VMware tools, then i again disabled the firewall and i was able to connect to the internal network, so then i just set down on the firewall logs until i found what got blocked, and created a costumized allow rule for the virtual machine, and it worked.

• Replies 4
  • Views 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most common reason for this happening is the security software on the PC is stopping VMWare from creating the connection.  Try turning off all your security software and see if it works.  If you are running Windows 10 this is a fluctuating problem, some builds have not allowed the connection and some machines with some builds have a problem.

You can run the Virtual Network Editor, ensuring that you RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR because it won't work otherwise, and set to DEFAULT.  Then go to the VM Settings and select Network  Adapter (Bridged Automatic)  and only the checkboxes for 'Connect at Power On' and 'Bridged: Connected to the Physical Network'  should be checked.

11 hours ago, straycat19 said:

The most common reason for this happening is the security software on the PC is stopping VMWare from creating the connection.  Try turning off all your security software and see if it works.  

I already tried turning off my firewall, but it didn't help.

If you are running Windows 10 this is a fluctuating problem, some builds have not allowed the connection and some machines with some builds have a problem.

I'm on windows 8.1.

You can run the Virtual Network Editor, ensuring that you RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR because it won't work otherwise, and set to DEFAULT.  Then go to the VM Settings and select Network  Adapter (Bridged Automatic)  and only the checkboxes for 'Connect at Power On' and 'Bridged: Connected to the Physical Network'  should be checked.

1. I already reset it a few times, but it didn't help.

2. i don't wan't to have a bridged connection, just a Host only connection.

Thanks.

2. i don't wan't to have a bridged connection, just a Host only connection.

So you don't have a connection to the VM and you don't want one is what you are telling me, because in VMWare speak a connection to the VM is a bridged connection since it does not have the ability to use the systems hardware on its own.  It creates a 'bridge' between the host connection and the VM. Before you start using the software I highly recommend you google up some tutorials and obtain an understanding of how it works and how to adjust all the settings.

12 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

So you don't have a connection to the VM and you don't want one is what you are telling me, because in VMWare speak a connection to the VM is a bridged connection since it does not have the ability to use the systems hardware on its own.  It creates a 'bridge' between the host connection and the VM. Before you start using the software I highly recommend you google up some tutorials and obtain an understanding of how it works and how to adjust all the settings.

What i wanted (and already have it) is only a network between the 2 computers, and that the virtual PC shouldn't have access to the internet.

Archived