Stolen Netflix logins are thriving on the black market for $0.25 each

Batu69

Ec53YxX.jpg

In a new blog post, Symantec is warning users about fake Netflix downloads that claim to install the service at a low cost and a separate phishing campaign designed to steal legitimate Netflix credentials.

With Netflix launching its video streaming service in more than 190 regions worldwide, including parts of Asia and Europe, related malware scams have increased in frequency. The campaigns are targeting an ever-expanding global market of users familiar with the U.S. company’s service.

For example, in Brazil there are reports of users installing malicious files that purport to be legitimate Netflix installation packages, downloaded from websites offering discounted service. Online ads will often lure users to the fake Netflix front-ends, enticing them to download and install the executable. The goal of the Trojan package is to steal banking information residing on the affected computer.

Another scam is a standard email phishing scheme that direct users to a phony Netflix logon page. The website not only captures the legitimate Netflix user email and password, but also convinces the user to enter their bank card information because of “problems” with their recurring payment information.

The stolen Netflix credentials are then sold on the black market for as little as $0.25, often with a four account minimum offer. The thieves even have their own Terms of Service, which stipulate that the buyer should not change the account info; doing so would eventually render the account unusable by raising red flags with the real account owner who might then change the password again. Source: Symantec.

Article source

• Replies 8
  • Views 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are really good and stable completely online "generators", not only for Netflix or Spotify:

http://accountgen.co/signin.php

http://hypergen.ch/

I have vouch lifetime accounts for both being *b*r on another forum but i can say they work really good.. but there are so many atm..

There is no need to go to "black market" for this, it's more simple..

I dont like this I am a netflix subscriber and this could hurt legitimate users in the future.  It costs around ten dollars a month you know how cheap that is (twelve dollars for the expensive package Im paying for the middle package eight ninety nine one screen DVDs and HD).  The worst part is its generating logins from stolen credentials what a bunch of *ssholes.

31 minutes ago, Holmes said:

The worst part is its generating logins from stolen credentials what a bunch of *ssholes.

99% not from there but from bruteforce thousand of "email:pass" and similar :)  

You can do it yourself easy...FYI

11 hours ago, jamesDDI said:

99% not from there but from bruteforce thousand of "email:pass" and similar :)  

You can do it yourself easy...FYI

Even anything of any interest netfilx  does like netfilx  only tv shows  come out on p2p and filehost sites  . Even 4k that come from netfilx  can be downloaded nowdays and  watch on you're pc  and if you use netfilx  only 4k can be watched on TV .  I don't see the  benefit  of using this method.   TV shows  , Movies , etc . 5 a minute  comes out by the scene and p2p . I never considered  buying legit netfilx let alone using hacked versions. Who wants to fool with pirating  DRM  protected videos ?  Its sort like DVDfab and Anydvd this crap  went out years  ago really  in the age of fast internet  its too easy to get videos DRM free  were its already been removed . Ive not fooled  with  removing DRM in years . Only way id buy anydvd or netfilx is if piracy was to come to a halt on  the internet.  :)

I can download a highly  compressed x265 Hevc  version 720p or 1080p and save on lots bandwidth and it looks really good  and not worry about can i stream fast enough.

If want to stream go download Kodi and use a vpn  :P

I guess its sort the same as filehost leechers though some people buy them even though there's  many free ones.  But the difference  is the governments dont like filehost so they could care less . But  if you get caught ripping off netfilx  you could get in serious trouble  because there on good terms  with all most every country but a few.

Crooks have "Terms of Service" agreements? :rolleyes:  Pirate, please. 

BTW - you can check to see when/where your Netflix account has been accessed from on the accounts tab under "recent".

1 hour ago, davmil said:

Crooks have "Terms of Service" agreements? :rolleyes:  Pirate, please. 

BTW - you can check to see when/where your Netflix account has been accessed from on the accounts tab under "recent".

If people can access it so easy its a flaw in Netfilx  ..Just like most things are flawed on the internet .  Netfilx  paid all this money for DRM  to stream 4k were you can only stream trough a TV  and i see new 4k releases posted on the open internet everyday now for free . There DRM was a waste of money .

If your that dumb and download a executable to download netflix with when everybody and there mom knows to get and view netflix just go to netflix.com and register pay for it and login no executables needed you kinda deserve to get infected not really thats being kinda a *sshole.  These credentials wouldnt get stolen in the first place if users had better computer security awareness and mostly better common sense.

Archived