Copy-protected dvd

hakah

Today I try to copy DVD of Disney Cartoon Cinderella for my niece daughter with DVDFab but failed twice as it is a copy-protected dvd. Can anyone recommend a possible way of copying and burnt it onto blank DVD for future playing as the disc is rented from DVD store. What dvd copying software is proposed that can perform the task as well as the working steps if feasible and thanks for the assistance!

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can try downloading and installing dvdfortythree:

http://www.dvd43.com/

If for some reason dvdfortythree doesnt work I have gotten around dvd copy protection drm before Ill try to find out what I did and post back.  Just install dvdfortythree and leave it running in the background and try to copy it it should copy depending on what copy protection is used.  I ended up using several programs like that fireclawthreesixteen user did Im no sure if I used anydvd I have anydvd installed I might have.

5 hours ago, VileTouch said:

grab a copy of clonecd and make a 1:1 image with copy protection and all!

u will need the exact DVD type, a compatible device burner and the right settings in your software to be able to backup that ccd file (iso alternative) to it's original state.

if it's not a game, it's better to strip it from it's protection and then back it up.

leaving it as a file backup (.ccd) is easier and safer... not sure if the niece daughter agrees though :)

2 hours ago, jbleck said:

u will need the exact DVD type, a compatible device burner and the right settings in your software to be able to backup that ccd file (iso alternative) to it's original state.

if it's not a game, it's better to strip it from it's protection and then back it up.

leaving it as a file backup (.ccd) is easier and safer... not sure if the niece daughter agrees though :)

i think i still have a few protected movie dvds backed up as ccd (long after the original disc rot away) there's not much variation in dvd formats (it's either 4.3gb or 9gb) but, again, there's no need to burn it to a disc that is going to be damaged in a few months either. you can always mount the image on a virtual drive from your secure NAS.

sure, ripping it is always an option, as well as downloading it from a torrent but having the legit protection still on feels better. reminds you of your original purchase. (yeah, i keep the plastics on things that come with a plastic cover too lol)

I4rg£8all8ag

1. AnyDVD  (runs as a driver) with 2. Clone DVD... Classic! 

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, csmdew said:

clonedvd has never failed me when used with anydvd; work great together even on sony protected dvds 

You are right on this subject the above software also works well for me as well.

1CLICK DVD Copy Pro 5.1.0.9 Multilanguage | 7.7 MB
1CLICK DVD COPY - PRO is a fast, easy-to-use, full featured software for copying DVD movies onto DVD discs. The latest version now incorporates CPRx technology to ensure the highest level of success copying the latest generation of DVD movies. You now have complete control over the final copy. Use the Copy Presets or the more advanced features to select what content will be copied and how much compression will be used. With 1CLICK DVD COPY - PRO, you can make a perfect copy with just one click.
In order to copy a DVD which has been authored using these new schemes, 1CLICK DVD COPY now utilizes state of the art CPRx technology to ensure the highest level of success when making an archival backup. Just as we've become accustomed to relying on anti-virus software to keep us protected against the latest viruses, we must also rely on new updates of CPRx to ensure we can copy the latest DVD releases. With 1CLICK's update notification feature, you can rest assured that you will be notified every time a new version of the software is available.
Features of 1Click DVD Copy Pro :
Windows 8 Compatible.
CPRx technology for copying new DVD movies.
Copy Presets - One click preset for each type of DVD copy.
Preview the movie, extras and menus.
Include or exclude movie and menus based on preview.
Select individual audio, video, and subtitles streams.
Control the amount of video compression used.
Make additional backup copies without re-copying the DVD.
Copy Episodic DVD Movies, TV Series, etc.
Copy a movie to your hard drive - great for laptops.
Supports copying of Multi-Channel Audio (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS).
Supports both NTSC and PAL DVD movies.
Supports Dual Layer media.
Free software updates for a year.
Free technical support.
OS : Windows 10, 8, 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP (SP2 or greater)
Language : Multilanguage
Home Page - http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/

Archived