Google and Facebook eavesdrop on your conversations through microphone

VileTouch

AyPphKH.jpg

Ok, I'm not going to beat around the bush, see for yourself what people affected has to say about it:

Okay so i just tried this, rang my house phone and spoke about buying a hatchback BMW Audi or other German car naming the brands, i chose this since i never speak about buying a car since I haven't got a divers license i then headed to instergram and the first advert was to buy a hatchback Renault then i headed to Facebook and about the 3rd set of adverts down there was low and behold an advert for the Audi a1, a hactchback Audi, that i mentioned by name in the phone call, I am lead to believe that from my finding and other peoples finding that this is defiantly something that is happening and was not a consonance, i never look at cars online since i have no need for one especially not Audis if i do look at cars online its probably like "what is the new James Bond car?" or "what is the real life car of the t20 from GTA V?" this is not cool there obviousl miss using something theve been given permission to use such as, video recording, the in app phone calls, or somthing similar. The only thing that makes me curious is that when an app is using the microphone (on ios at least) you usually get that red status bar, however it is not enough to convince me against it, Facebook are definatly doing this and they need to stop this is an invasion of privacy im sorry. here are some screenshots http://imgur.com/a/0G9js

So this just happened to me. I am housing a foster cat through a local animal non-profit and a potential adopter stopped by my apartment to meet the cat after we arranged this over text. She stops by, introduces herself and we chat about the cat for about 10 minutes max. Tonight, I am on Facebook and notice in my suggested friends, who else, but the girl who stopped by to meet the cat. 0 common friends.

I know a lot of people are saying this is bs, you have to "ok Google" first. I just recreated it easily. I just said spongebob squarepants like 4 times, then sang the theme song to my phone. It was at the home screen with Google search bar widget. (there not selected) Closed the phone, waited 2 min, refreshed Google now and bam. Guess what's showing tonight at 7pm on nickelodeon. I've never searched or seen anything about spongebob before.

See! Exactly!! It's obviously running your mic 24/7 listening to conversations, not just "OK Google"
That's understandable on mine because it's a special feature and has a processor designated to listening for my hands free trigger but that is absolutely fucked, they're searching for keywords constantly as a form of probably the most effective targeted advertising out there

https://np.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/3nxjwt/discussion_facebook_listening_to_conversations/

• Replies 3
  • Views 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't mine bro 1st off i dont go on Facebook  and i dont turn on voice search. Stop using  services  that  are made to talk to you're computer and you want have this problem.

I suck at grammar because i have a disability   but still  im not so lazy that i want type in what I search for.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.......advertising has taken over our privacy and gone too far.Its invasive,annoying,chews up our bandwidth and just plain sucks.I know it pays for online content but how far will it go for the almighty dollar.

Archived