Chrome / Windows 10 Problems

sscsr1

I am using the latest version of Chrome and was on Windows 7 and everything was fine. However after finally upgrading to windows 10 Chrome has been taking longer and longer to start up and load pages after it loads. It takes almost a full two minutes for the program to fully load when I first start it. Other browsers don't have this problem ( except Firefox temporary freezes on animated gifs sometimes ). Has anyone else had any experiences like this? Any suggestions on what I could do to fix it?

Specs:

Dell XPS 8500 i7-3370 3.40 GHz

Windows 10 pro

AV Eset Smart Security 8

8 Gigs ram

64 bit

Extensions - Adblock Plus , Ghostery  Google Docs  Google Docs Offline  Imagus  Sticky Password Autofill Engine, Zoom

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your PC has good specs - you must have other problems - could be the HDD ? or the upgrade ... ?  It is always better to have a clean install ... 

36 minutes ago, sscsr1 said:

I am using the latest version of Chrome and was on Windows 7 and everything was fine. However after finally upgrading to windows 10 Chrome has been taking longer and longer to start up and load pages after it loads. It takes almost a full two minutes for the program to fully load when I first start it. Other browsers don't have this problem ( except Firefox temporary freezes on animated gifs sometimes ). Has anyone else had any experiences like this? Any suggestions on what I could do to fix it?

Specs:

Dell XPS 8500 i7-3370 3.40 GHz

Windows 10 pro

AV Eset Smart Security 8

8 Gigs ram

64 bit

Extensions - Adblock Plus , Ghostery  Google Docs  Google Docs Offline  Imagus  Sticky Password Autofill Engine, Zoom

I have same issue. Let's wait a bit, maybe Google can fix this problem.

I have a laptop (Win.10 Pro , x32) with only 3GB RAM and i3 proc. -> Chrome starts in a few secs. only ... B)

2 hours ago, AlienForce1 said:

Your PC has good specs - you must have other problems - could be the HDD ? or the upgrade ... ?  It is always better to have a clean install ... 

That's what I was thinking about the specs too. So far Chrome is the only thing I have trouble with. Everything on the hardware side is in good shape and I keep my drivers up to date. I thought about doing a clean install but that is really going to be a lot of work just for a slow browser. And to tell the truth I am not sure where to DL the files to do a clean install if I have to go that route.

1 hour ago, AlienForce1 said:

You could try this program    PGWARE SuperRam 7.2.8.2016

Thanks for the link. I grabbed it but I don't know how to open a vhdx file. Did I click the wrong thing?

2 hours ago, salsa12 said:

I have same issue. Let's wait a bit, maybe Google can fix this problem.

That's kind of what I have been doing. I am hoping the new version fixes the problem but just in case I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and found a fix.

1 hour ago, sscsr1 said:

Thanks for the link. I grabbed it but I don't know how to open a vhdx file. Did I click the wrong thing?

Remove `check` at Download with Secured Download manager  and click   Download   above  it  B)

23 minutes ago, AlienForce1 said:

Remove `check` at Download with Secured Download manager  and click   Download   above  it  B)

DYZ4AaH.png

That's better thanks. I clicked all around that but I guess it wasn't the right spot. 

About Chrome: reinstall the program & see if it helps (Latest version)

About DataFileHost: Always uncheck the tiny box as shown in the following pic (it's almost invisible)

NEJ5P9M.png

Your using windows ten with ESET NODthirtytwo eight version eight doesnt have proper windows ten support upgrade to ESET NODthirtytwo version nine and your going to get full windows ten support let us know if that fixes it please.

16 hours ago, Holmes said:

Your using windows ten with ESET NODthirtytwo eight version eight doesnt have proper windows ten support upgrade to ESET NODthirtytwo version nine and your going to get full windows ten support let us know if that fixes it please.

I upgraded to the latest version of eset last night and when I started chrome this morning it took 130 seconds from icon click to page fully loaded, 40 seconds before anything at all came up om the screen and it was a blank window ie no controls or anything.

Try reseting chrome back to defaults like reseting internet explorer and see if that helps and it can help if you check to see if there are any browser extensions you dont know about reseting google chrome can test this.

2 hours ago, Holmes said:

Try reseting chrome back to defaults like reseting internet explorer and see if that helps and it can help if you check to see if there are any browser extensions you dont know about reseting google chrome can test this.

Good idea, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

That should help if it doesnt let us know I am pretty sure you can fix this without a clean install.

The reset seems to have helped some. It started in about 30 seconds the past few times I have tried it. Thats a lot better than over 2 minutes. The big test will be in the morning after it sets all night. That is when it is the worse, the first open of the day. As for the  hardware acceleration it has been disabled this whole time. That was one of the first things I did when I noticed it was slower that it used to be. And it did help for a while. Apparently there was something else going on and hopefully the reset has fixed it. 

• Administrator

Well, 30 seconds is still much. I rarely open it as it's my secondary browser and it takes about 2-3 seconds.

I would recommend reinstalling it.

Also, try Chrome variants and see if they have the same problem in them.

I would try using ccleaner and remove all chrome cache check all options leave the bottom two unchecked you can try oneclick chrome cleaner in chrome store to:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/oneclick-cleaner-for-chro/oncckmaelaecccmaniihojgeopkcajfh?hl=en

Uninstalling and reinstalling using revo uninstaller pro can work to.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I had personal stuff that has been taking up most of my time the past few days. So far nothing has changed. It still takes almost 2 full minutes to start. However that is the first start of the day. Afterward it does come up faster each time throughout the day all tho it still takes 30 seconds to a minute. I will try the cleaners and if that doesn't work a reinstall. To tell the truth I am starting to seriously consider just wiping my computer and doing a fresh install of windows 10 ( if I can find a download for it ) and everything else I have just to have a fresh clean start. It's been a couple of years so this system is probably about due.  

Completely uninstall and reinstall google chrome I would recommend you use revo uninstaller pro.  There is no google chrome removal tool offered by google there should be.  I would recommend revo uninstaller pro like I said:

www.revouninstaller.com

You can try pro for twenty days I think may be thirty You can go to the frontpage and download the fix to.  I recommend trying to use the cleaners first.  I know you havent formated in a long time its alot of work and like you said all for a slow browser.  If the cleaners dont work I can help you using teamviewer:

www.teamviewer.com

Its very reliable remote control software it allows you to remote control and if you dont feel comfortable during remote control there is a X button in several places for you to disconnect the person from remote controlling your computer there presentation mode to person can see your computer cant control it can click the mouse and show the person recommendations again several X buttons to disconnect the person from viewing your computer again ((there is a password random password generated each time to and you can select four characters six eigfht ten or twelve I forget how long the password can get the password uses letters numbers and if a person tries to bruce force the password you get locked out after several tries very secure software).  If you want to try teamviewer let me know if not Ill do some research to see if I can find any additional information that can help you please let us know if the ccleaners fix your problem please.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this post. I got tied up with personal stuff for a few days. I wanted to thank everyone for the help. I did try the cleaners and it did help some but it would still take a long time to start especially the first start of the day. During all of this I decided I needed a larger hard drive in my system so I just decided to format and start over with a clean install of everything I use on a regular bases. So far that has worked out great. Computer boots faster, chrome starts in about 5 seconds, and everything else seems to be working better as well. That seems to have fixed me up for now. 

Thanks again for all the help :D

Archived