Huhhh!!! DNS Leak

eisenheim87

I've been using Freedome VPN for a while, just figure out that i have dns leak via dnsleaktest or others, it shows my isp dns server!!!:angry:

Tried everything even DNSCrypt or Simple DNSCrypt with or without VPN but all invain!!:s

Also i chnaged DNS Manually to Google dns or OpenDns or Comdo Dns and...and.... but still dns leak!!

Until i disabled IPV6 in Connection Properties or even in my router SEPERATLY, suddenly no DNS leak !!:blink:

But, with OkayFreedom VPN, Nothing from above happend!!:huh:

PS. I did it all with clean windows 10 or 8.1 install.

Anybody could explain this please??

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, steven36 said:

try to change you're  DNS manual with  a 3rd party  dns server  here's how

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/how-to-change-your-dns-windows-10

Then what even DNS you're VPN uses should not leak

Yeah, sorry i forgot to mention about this point, actually i did it also, i changed DNS manually, but still Leak!!

i will put this point in the first topic.

thanks...

5 minutes ago, eisenheim87 said:

Yeah, sorry i forgot to mention about this point, actually i did it also, i changed DNS manually, but still Leak!!

i will put this point in the first topic.

thanks...

always  when i set a server  in my dns it never leaks here .  it would just be the server  i added to show on the the leak test.  Sounds to me  it didn't really set .

it could be the VPN software itself  causing it to unset you say dont happen with the other one  . :)

Have a look here !

I am using the comodo and opennic DNS working well for me , no leak ! SO have a look on this post !

I'm trying to link all these points together to get an answer, but really strange!

And why after disabling IPV6 there is no leak?

7 minutes ago, eisenheim87 said:

I'm trying to link all these points together to get an answer, but really strange!

You should always disable ip v6 amyhow  if they dont update there vpn software very much it could cause leaks.

read

WARNING! Windows 10 VPN Users at Big Risk of DNS Leaks

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/28318/warning-windows-10-vpn-users-at-big-risk-of-dns-leaks-2/

2 minutes ago, steven36 said:

You should always disable ip v6 amyhow  if they dont update there vpn software very much it could cause leaks.

read

WARNING! Windows 10 VPN Users at Big Risk of DNS Leaks

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/28318/warning-windows-10-vpn-users-at-big-risk-of-dns-leaks-2/

i just reading this before you post it;)

i will try to solve this problem and i will post a feed back.

thanks..:)

1 hour ago, eisenheim87 said:

Issue lies with most VPN clients does not fully support dual-stack networks (IPv4 & IPv6) as it only manipulate the IPv4 routing channel, IPv6 is ignored hence no rules are added to redirect IPv6 traffic into the tunnel. Resulting all IPv6 traffic bypassing the VPN's virtual interface.

Hello,

I had the same problem once.

Here is what i did : i have changed dns manually of all my network cards (even those which are not used , wifi , tap adapter etc...)

and hop magic working :D

If money isn't trouble to spend a little but, it has a trial version to while it's limited and not as useful, see VPNCheck Pro 1.5.4.8

It comes with support for DNS leak fixes, closing options upon VPN crashes, virtualization support for VMware and Virtualbox, as well as local IP changes and notifications when the VPN goes offline. Much more go to the homepage for details.

I bought it but yet to install it, as I'm going to do a reinstall of OS Win 8.1 after wiping HD, I did see while purchasing it has this "Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8." which isn't said on homepage at all. 

Archived