Earth’s Official International Flag

SURbit

This Is Earth’s Official International Flag When We’ll Reach Mars

xc0ku8.jpg

The picture you just saw above could be the official design on Earth’s official flag that we will plant on Mars when our astronauts will reach there till the end of next decade. Before that, let me ask you one question – does our planet Earth need any flag? Our views may differ, but this new flag is already a topic of hot discussion on the internet.

Wired writes that this design is proposed by graphic designers Oskar Pernefeldt of Beckmans College of Design, Swede and somehow NASA appears to be involved in this. This is Oskar’s graduation project and is being called “The International Flag of Planet Earth.”

The International Flag of Planet Earth is a combination of seven rings that interlock each other on an ocean blue color background. Oskar describes the Earth’s flag as: “Centred in the flag, seven rings form a flower — a symbol of the life on Earth. The rings are linked to each other, which represents how everything on our planet, directly or indirectly, are linked.”

25585s5.jpg

He adds, “The blue field represents water which is essential for life — also as the oceans cover most of our planet’s surface. The flower’s outer rings form a circle which could be seen as a symbol of Earth as a planet and the blue surface could represent the Universe.”

Companies like LG and BSmart were involved in the designing process and according to its website, NASA too is a part of the project in some way.

2mcvrzc.jpg

Did you like “The International Flag of Planet Earth”?

SOURCE

• Replies 8
  • Views 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Please rehost the images on Imgur or similar. Some hosts do not allow embedding so they are not loading here.

58 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Please rehost the images on Imgur or similar. Some hosts do not allow embedding so they are not loading here.

I think as you were typing this - I was doing that very thing - using Tinypic, I'd seen images were in trouble after posting :)

Perhaps they should conduct a contest about creating our Earth's Flag...there are lots of designs out there that has deeper meanings.No offense but at first i thought it was a modified Olympics logo.^_^

Edit: The Blue background represents the Ocean...same feeling with this flag that i saw before...

wccvnr.jpg

Or we could just draw a cock on the flag (the male organ, no the bird). That seems to be the universal language in games, movies, you name it... So why not send one to mars. I'm pretty sure the rover on mars has left some tire trails in a shape of a cock as well. It's just to tempting not to do it. Right NASA? :D

• Administrator

I personally liked it but expected something better.

I think, a flag with an earth logo on it was considered a standard. But not so it seems.

33 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I personally liked it but expected something better.

I think, a flag with an earth logo on it was considered a standard. But not so it seems.

Me too, I think some of the circles be inter-laced with different nationalities of people holding hands around the center circle being of the earth, along with land and sea animals in some circles, and old written languages symbols of early earth. Something to express as much as possible about the earth and it's occupants.  

Archived