Issue with video card

sanjoa

Hi, guys. How are you? I'm having an issue with my video card while playing games.

gmhjAjH.jpg

Is the card dying? What should I do? This is happening randomly today. Temps are okay and my room is cooled by air conditioning system.

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, maut said:

It's because you play games that suck :lol:

if you have nothing serious to say GTFO

8 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

Hi, guys. How are you? I'm having an issue with my video card while playing games.

Is the card dying? What should I do? This is happening randomly today. Temps are okay and my room is cooled by air conditioning system.

Please provide more information.  Make and model of computer, CPU, make and model of video card, driver version installed, make, model and size of monitor.  I need that information to help you with your problem.  Please ignore maut, he has a loose screw on his keyboard.

1 minute ago, straycat19 said:

Please provide more information.  Make and model of computer, CPU, make and model of video card, driver version installed, make, model and size of monitor.  I need that information to help you with your problem.  Please ignore maut, he has a loose screw on his keyboard.

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, CPU Amd FX8350 8 cores, AMD Radeon R9 270X VAPOR-X, AMD Radeon 16.1 hotfix, monitor Samsung SC23C350H 24". 16GB RAM memory G.Skill Snipper, power supply CoolerMaster V850 850Watt. OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, maut said:

It's because you play games that suck :lol:

I completely disagree though. I have played ETS2 and such games far before they become famous and these games now are appreciated worldwide.

31 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

if you have nothing serious to say GTFO

Relax. There is better way to ask for help on your problem.

19 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

AMD Radeon R9 270X VAPOR-X

Did you not have a problem before with this card.

Either way, as asked above, does it happen with other games.

While it can be drivers or loose connection of PCI-E, it's most likely the card I think.

10 minutes ago, VileTouch said:

what did you use to check the temps?

does it happen with other games?

This is the only game I play right now. I used HWInfo.

1 minute ago, DKT27 said:

I completely disagree though. I have played ETS2 and such games far before they become famous and these games now are appreciated worldwide.

Relax. There is better way to ask for help on your problem.

Did you not have a problem before with this card.

Either way, as asked above, does it happen with other games.

While it can be drivers or loose connection of PCI-E, it's most likely the card I think.

I have had a BSOD issue. It was caused by raptr app. I disabled it and it did not happen anymore.

6 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

This is the only game I play right now. I used HWInfo.

grab this and see if it happens (make sure the cooling is working first on cpu,chipset and gpu)

I can see this possibly being a chipset issue to I thought about temps to you say temps are ok what stray said we do need additional information.  What is ETStwo euro truck simulator?  Do you watch movies does it happen in them?  I would touch your video card when it happens is it cool or is it hot same with the monitor is it cool or is it hot?  I hope your video card and your monitor are both ok.

My video card reports 50° C when playing the game. Monitor is at normal temps. Euro Truck Simulator is a truck simulator in Europe. With movies I don't have any issue

4 hours ago, sanjoa said:

Could be a loose or bad power connector.

Try different drivers, maybe the version you are using is buggy.

Plus all the other suggestions above.

The only way you can be sure the card is faulty is to swap it out with an identical model, and see if the problem goes away. Not always feasible.

3 minutes ago, Pequi said:

Could be a loose or bad power connector.

Try different drivers, maybe the version you are using is buggy.

Plus all the other suggestions above.

The only way you can be sure the card is faulty is to swap it out with an identical model, and see if the problem goes away. Not always feasible.

I don't have another card. Power connector is OK. Driver is up-to-date.

You mentioned you dont play additional games the first sentence says your having a issue with your video card playing games?  If the drivers are up to date what graphics settings are you using try all video settings on low and shut off all advanced video settings and then try to play.

Are you using hotfix 16.1 or 16.1.1?

And check if the card is not loose or the fans are obstructed.

GL!

Israeli_Eagle
9 hours ago, sanjoa said:

My video card reports 50° C when playing the game. Monitor is at normal temps. Euro Truck Simulator is a truck simulator in Europe. With movies I don't have any issue

1. In your BIOS disable CPU Spread Spectrum and PCIe Spread Spectrum!

2. Better never overclock your GPU memory!

3. Don't use weird tools to overclock GPU!

4. Make sure that you use the 64Bit version (...\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe), the icons per default often only 32Bit.

8 hours ago, sanjoa said:

Driver is up-to-date.

I have rolled back to older drivers, sometimes the newest is buggy for a certain game.

If the game worked with a previous driver, try it.

I’m no real expert here but to me it looks like a hardware fault more than software.  I have to guess your windows desktop and 2D stuff is fine with no glitches.  When 3D games play obviously more graphic circuits kick in to render 3D which might be why desktop is fine and only happening in 3D games.  I once bought a bad card off eBay that had similar corruption on the screen except it was full screen and not just half the screen like yours and the longer I used it the worse it got.  After a more careful examination of the card it turned out it had leaky capacitors and dry / corroded solder joints, so I got my money back and binned the card.

11 hours ago, Holmes said:

You mentioned you dont play additional games the first sentence says your having a issue with your video card playing games?  If the drivers are up to date what graphics settings are you using try all video settings on low and shut off all advanced video settings and then try to play.

OK. Will try and tell you later.

8 hours ago, masterupc said:

Are you using hotfix 16.1 or 16.1.1?

And check if the card is not loose or the fans are obstructed.

GL!

Today I upgraded to 16.1.1. Will tell if the issue continues later.

5 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

1. In your BIOS disable CPU Spread Spectrum and PCIe Spread Spectrum!

2. Better never overclock your GPU memory!

3. Don't use weird tools to overclock GPU!

4. Make sure that you use the 64Bit version (...\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe), the icons per default often only 32Bit.

OK. Will try and tell you later. I'm using 64Bit version. I do not know how to do an overcloking.

4 hours ago, Pequi said:

I have rolled back to older drivers, sometimes the newest is buggy for a certain game.

If the game worked with a previous driver, try it.

OK. Will try and tell you later.

29 minutes ago, Herobrine said:

I’m no real expert here but to me it looks like a hardware fault more than software.  I have to guess your windows desktop and 2D stuff is fine with no glitches.  When 3D games play obviously more graphic circuits kick in to render 3D which might be why desktop is fine and only happening in 3D games.  I once bought a bad card off eBay that had similar corruption on the screen except it was full screen and not just half the screen like yours and the longer I used it the worse it got.  After a more careful examination of the card it turned out it had leaky capacitors and dry / corroded solder joints, so I got my money back and binned the card.

If it is a hardware fault, should I replace the card? Would you recomend an AMD video card? (I can spend 500U$s dollars. 5000-6000 pesos argentinos)

DId you report this issue to AMD?

That's the first step...

2 minutes ago, masterupc said:

DId you report this issue to AMD?

That's the first step...

:oops: I did not. If it continues with the latest driver I will.

For me it's video corruption... so I think it's not a hardware issue.

It could very well be a faulty video card I would hate for you to have to spend money to buy a new card if its not a faulty video card.  I had three faulty engine mounts in a car of mine one time got a master mechanic to figure out the exact faulty engine mounts went to buy the remaining engine mount and didnt look at the paper the master mechanic wrote about the remaining engine mount got all three engine mounts bought and installed and went to reproduce the problem and it happened and I realized I bought and installed a engine mount that I didnt need to moral of the story make sure its not a software issue before you go and buy a new video card.  You can get AMD radeon or nvidia radeon cards always perform slightly better in benchmarks (its the fate of nvidia) if you dont care about benchmarks then you can go with nvidia I have always loved there cards and there drivers.  You can spend five hundred dollars on a video card holy hell nice in that case get a nvidia card with four gigs of video memory make sure the video memory is GDDRfive and two hundred and fifty six bit bus there is a video card with three hundred and eighty four bit bus dont worry about that two hundred and fifty six bit bus is fine and it would be good if its set for the future make sure it supports directx twelve if you dont plan on playing any heavy threeD games then get directx eleven.

• Administrator

BTW, this problem is known are video card artifacts. Artifacts, atleast from what I have seen is related to hardware. The first thing I recommend is to remove the card and reinsert if not done so recently. But everything, from software, to hardware to games, everything needs to be checked.

If nothing works, everything tried. If you are really wanting to buy a new card then either wait for new series from nVidia or buy GTX 980 or something. Highly rated cards for gaming and such.

48 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

BTW, this problem is known are video card artifacts. Artifacts, atleast from what I have seen is related to hardware. The first thing I recommend is to remove the card and reinsert if not done so recently. But everything, from software, to hardware to games, everything needs to be checked.

If nothing works, everything tried. If you are really wanting to buy a new card then either wait for new series from nVidia or buy GTX 980 or something. Highly rated cards for gaming and such.

Today, I'm not having issues yet.

Archived