Grab 2GB of permanent Google storage by completing a Security Checkup

Batu69

Complete the Google Security Checkup today to add 2 Gigabyte of additional permanent storage to your Google Account.

Google runs a special promotion on Safe Internet Day -- just like it did last year -- that awards Google account owners with an increase of 2 Gigabyte of permanent storage if they complete the company's Security Checkup.

The checkup takes less than a minute to complete and will net you another 2 Gigabyte of storage to your account.

You may remember that Google ran the same promotion last year as well.

Security Checkup

Visit the Security Checkup website with a click on the following link: https://security.google.com/settings/security/secureaccount

2SfZlln.jpg

You are asked to sign in to your Google account if you are not logged in already. The checkup consists of several parts that you go through to verify important account and security related information:

1. Check your recovery information - Verify your recovery phone, recovery email and security question. You may remove recovery email and security question, or edit the phone number associated with the recovery of the Google account.
  2. Check your connected devices - Google lists the current and the last device used to access the Google account. Additional information, like the browser and location used are provided as well to make it easier to identify individual devices.
  3. Check your account permissions - This displays apps, websites and devices that are connected to the Google Account. You may remove access for select items or display additional informatino about them that include the date of authorization and the permission type.
  4. Check your 2-step verification settings - This displays the main phone number used for verification, backup phone and backup codes.

Google informs you about the storage additional directly after you complete the Security Checkup process.

To help celebrate Safer Internet Day 2016, we added 2 GB of free Drive storage to your Google account because you completed the Security Checkup.

BRLyWrc.jpg

Visit Google's Drive Storage page to verify that the 2 Gigabyte of free extra storage has been added to your account.

There you need to hover over the pie chart to display used and total space. Total space includes the current plan, and all permanent or temporary promotions that added extra storage to the account.

eJiAUkU.jpg

The new 2 Gigabyte of storage are listed as 2016 Security Checkup Bonus under total storage.

Closing Words

Since it is usually a good idea to verify security settings regularly anyway, it is probably a good idea to do it today as it nets you an extra 2 Gigabyte of storage. It takes less than a minute to complete the checkup -- provided that you don't need to do any modifications -- and the extra storage is awarded directly to the account without any delay.

Article source

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Surprisingly, Zendesk had permission to my account. I do not know how or why it got there. It was not there the last time I checked it.

So this is quite worth it.

Airstream_Bill

That worked just FINE. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The offer expired already :(

But thanks a lot for letting me know about this offer, I may be able to complete it another time.

Archived