MyRouter Log: backup your modem or router log

Batu69

MyRouter Log is a free program for the Windows operating system that enables you to back up modem or router log information for safekeeping or analysis on a PC running Windows.

The program has been designed by its author to listen to log file broadcasts from ADSL modems or routers supporting them.

While these devices allow you to access log information directly in a dashboard or administrative interface, it is often easier to analyze information on the PC directly.

Additionally, routers may lose log information if the device crashes or if data becomes corrupt.

MyRouter Log review

The program is only of use to you if your router or modem supports the broadcasting of the system log. This needs to be enabled in the dashboard before MyRouter Log can listen to the data and back it up on the device it is running on.

TyQihNA.jpg

Log into the admin interface of the router or modem, and find the log or syslog section there. There you may find an option to broadcast the system log remotely, enable that.

Set the IP address to the IP of the computer you are using (useful if it is static), and either keep the default port of 514 or pick another one.

Once you have enabled the broadcasting in the router interface, start MyRouter Log and start editing the preferences to make sure they work for you.

You may change the port if it is not set to 514, change the number of lines to show, and whether you want system tray messages when new information are backed up.

A click on Start listens to the broadcast and there is nothing left to do at this point. Information are displayed in the interface directly which can be useful if you want the log to be displayed all the time, for instance on a secondary monitor.

You can access the saved router logs whenever the need arises regardless of whether they are still stored by the router or modem, or not.

Closing Words

MyRouter Log is a specialized application not only because it requires a modem or router that supports broadcasting the system log but also because of its uses.

It can be useful if you need to monitor or analyze the router log, or just want to make sure a log file is kept if the router crashes or if other issues corrupt or delete it.

MyRouter Log

Article source

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Recruit said:

What about moving this to Software Updates ?

This kind of news not update.

Software update need this:

Post Requirements

• We require all posts to include the following information at a minimum:

• Application name and version (before anything else) in the title;

• Any additional information in the title should be separated from the application name and version with a dash (-).

• A description of the software (you can usually just copy and paste this description from the developer's homepage);

• A detailed list of changes from the previous version (again, this can be just copied and pasted from the developer's homepage). If there is a large amount of changes, you may prefer to link to the list of changes on the software's homepage;

• A link to the developer's homepage;

• A Download link.

Guidelines and Templates

5 minutes ago, Batu69 said:

This kind of news not update.

Software update need this:

Guidelines and Templates

It is version 1.0, and the whole informations are available on developer's web page..

It was just a suggestion...it isn't my business anyway.....

hGYevZR.png

1 hour ago, Recruit said:

What about moving this to Software Updates ?

posted in Software [Archive] since released more than a week ago. Actually this program is over 4 years old so is very old software news! Did a search and found only this topic so I posted it. It is a very boring day.

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

posted in Software [Archive] since released more than a week ago. Actually this program is over 4 years old so is very old software news! Did a search and found only this topic so I posted it. It is a very boring day.

Thanks for informations ! ( P.S Cc please do not warn me because I do not have any free " likes " for today. )

Really, I didn't know that is an old app.
I don't use it, when I need logs from router just I am asking my cisco device.....:lol:
But I thought that it could be useful for others.....;)

You dont need a program to backup your modem or router configuration or logs as alot of modems and routers have a backup function.

Archived