Microsoft Claims Windows 10 Apps Sell Really Well

Batu69

Windows 10 Store stats show increased interest in apps

EgThbqZ.jpg

The new Windows Store integrated in Windows 10

Microsoft has overhauled the store in Windows 10 to provide a similar look and feel on PCs and smartphones, especially as part of Redmond’s push for universal apps, and the company says that its efforts are already paying off.

In new Windows Store trends posted on the official Windows blog, Microsoft reveals that interest in store apps is significantly bigger than in Windows 8.1, with customers spending more money in the store than in the previous version of the operating system.

Windows 8/8.1 was the first to introduce the store, but Metro apps, as they were often referred to, experienced a pretty moderate to low success, with most people claiming they were more appropriate for touch devices rather than for PCs.

One store for everything

But with Windows 10, this appears to be changing, and interest in store apps is growing, according to Microsoft’s own statistics.

“As announced in January, over 200 million PCs, tablets, and phones across the globe are now running Windows 10, making it the fastest growing version of Windows in history. Over 3 billion visits have been made to the Store since the Windows 10 launch. While Windows 8.x still accounts for the majority of Store downloads, Windows 10 users are the fastest growing download segment, growing both in volume and total percentage of downloads,” Microsoft explained.

“This past holiday season we saw double the number of paid transactions for PC and tablet customers over the previous holiday season, and Windows 10 customer generate 4.5x more revenue per device when compared to Windows 8.”

Microsoft no longer provides any figures regarding the number of apps in the store, but it’s very clear that the company is pushing hard to convince developers to create universal apps that could work on both PCs and smartphones.

At the same time, with the “one store for everything” approach, Redmond is also attempting to bring more people in the store, as apps are no longer the only content offered for download and purchase. Music, TV series, movies, and games are also available in the store, and very soon, the company will also add extensions for Edge browser.

Article source

• Replies 4
  • Views 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like "200 million devices installed" is masterful deception of the true failure of the Windows 10 upgrade, Microsoft deceitfully use "X billion visits" to disguise what is probably yet another failure.

Their Windows store trends simply show sales by category percentages, no mention of number of sales or value of sales because those would give a true picture of success or failure. And comparing Windows 10 app sales to Windows 8/8.1 sales is hardly an indicator of anything, the local children's lemonade stand sales would be larger than the latter. :)

The Evil Empire are truly experts of deception and spin.

This would be a good news. But I think is needed time to become profitable. They should consider only effective purchases, not the "free downloads". 

12 hours ago, Karlston said:

Just like "200 million devices installed" is masterful deception of the true failure of the Windows 10 upgrade, Microsoft deceitfully use "X billion visits" to disguise what is probably yet another failure.

Their Windows store trends simply show sales by category percentages, no mention of number of sales or value of sales because those would give a true picture of success or failure. And comparing Windows 10 app sales to Windows 8/8.1 sales is hardly an indicator of anything, the local children's lemonade stand sales would be larger than the latter. :)

The Evil Empire are truly experts of deception and spin.

Your posts never cease to amaze me. These posts you make would literally make the fucking W10 fanboiis cry like babies. I love all the false advertisements and claims of user adaption by Microshit. Majority of them being forced or unwanted or unintentional updates. I bet they still include the stats in the counter, even if the user rolls back to W7 or W8.1, lol. Scumbags they are.

What kills me is the O/S is still buggy and no matter what you say or do the stupid W10 fanboiis will bash you saying you don't know how to setup your PC or its your fault it crashes and doesn't work properly. I wish I could bitch slap them and tell them bitch, do you even know what kind of hardware I am running?

I multi-task with and actually use my PC, not sit there with my thumb up my ass playing free Candy Crush and surfing the web with Edge. "Oh my copy never crashes" LMAO ... can't stand those morons. I have the O/S and I use it along side my other machines just to see what its up to.

So far on my "faulty hardware" according to stupid fanboiis, its my computers fault that I have to disable "fast boot" for Windows 10 to prevent it from locking up on Start. Yea? You believe that @Karlston? No crashes or problems with W7 or W8.1 here, but my cries for help/troubleshooting go unheard as I try to solve the FAST BOOT lockup in Windows 10. Apparently I'm doing something wrong and its all my fault.

Say the retards blaming my Z170 Gaming 5 Chipset (6th gen intel) vs their gen 2's or w/e hardware they are using. LMAO. Or bad drivers excuse. Man those tards kill me. :D

I enjoy your posts, I should subscribe. lol.

18 hours ago, heyyahblah said:

Your posts never cease to amaze me. These posts you make would literally make the fucking W10 fanboiis cry like babies. I love all the false advertisements and claims of user adaption by Microshit. Majority of them being forced or unwanted or unintentional updates. I bet they still include the stats in the counter, even if the user rolls back to W7 or W8.1, lol. Scumbags they are.

What kills me is the O/S is still buggy and no matter what you say or do the stupid W10 fanboiis will bash you saying you don't know how to setup your PC or its your fault it crashes and doesn't work properly. I wish I could bitch slap them and tell them bitch, do you even know what kind of hardware I am running?

I multi-task with and actually use my PC, not sit there with my thumb up my ass playing free Candy Crush and surfing the web with Edge. "Oh my copy never crashes" LMAO ... can't stand those morons. I have the O/S and I use it along side my other machines just to see what its up to.

So far on my "faulty hardware" according to stupid fanboiis, its my computers fault that I have to disable "fast boot" for Windows 10 to prevent it from locking up on Start. Yea? You believe that @Karlston? No crashes or problems with W7 or W8.1 here, but my cries for help/troubleshooting go unheard as I try to solve the FAST BOOT lockup in Windows 10. Apparently I'm doing something wrong and its all my fault.

Say the retards blaming my Z170 Gaming 5 Chipset (6th gen intel) vs their gen 2's or w/e hardware they are using. LMAO. Or bad drivers excuse. Man those tards kill me. :D

I enjoy your posts, I should subscribe. lol.

Thanks mate, I appreciate your kind words.

You can bait the fanbois by posting things like "Wow! 200 million devices now with Windows 10. That's awesome! There can't be too many Windows 7 and 8.1 hangers-on left then, how many do you think?"

If they're reasonably intelligent (maybe too much to ask for a fanboi :) ) they'll go looking for the answer themselves and discover the truth... about 5 times the number of Windows 10 users.

The secret is not to tell them directly because they won't believe it, instead guide them towards finding out for themselves and then the wind quickly goes out of their sails. Result... one or more unhappy fanbois. :lol:

Archived