Malwarebytes releases new Anti-Ransomware Beta Software

Petrovic

Today Malwarebytes announced their latest security offering called Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.  Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, or MBARW for short, is currently in beta and is a small utility that runs in the background while quietly monitoring computer for behavior associated with file encrypting ransomware.  When it detects associated behavior it automatically blocks the thread from encrypting your data, quarantines the executable, and alerts you that something was detected. 

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware is currently being released as a free standalone product that anyone can use to protect their computer. With ransomware being one of the biggest computer security threats currently affecting users, tools dedicated to its prevent is a welcome one.  

Malwarebytes feels the same way as according to Nathan Scott, the leader technical developer of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, "I'm thrilled with the release of this application as it has finally brought together all of the ideas from our top developers who sought one common goal; to stop victims from getting infected by Ransomware. We want to make ransomware a thing of the past and this application is going to get us much closer to that day."

Full Article

Blog: https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2016/01/introducing-the-malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta/

Download: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/s7h3v3derixc7b88q5okal5c0vol5h1x

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer
11 minutes ago, steven36 said:

They tested it over at bleepingcomputer even though its beta it seems to be working  to stop known ransomware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malwarebytes-releases-new-anti-ransomware-beta-software/

but yet it can be killed with Process Lasso not so good i see updates soon

1. Anti-Malware
  2. Anti-Exploit
  3. Anti-Ransomware

Too many Apps from Malwarebytes...

They need to combine them into a single program.

It would be better for users to run one (1) program

instead of running three (3) different ones...

5 minutes ago, knowledge said:

but yet it can be killed with Process Lasso not so good i see updates soon

They test it with samples and it stops everything they threw at it , but yes its going update soon it  just list all ransomware  as generic  they  need to fix it were it list what type it is and stuff its stopping.

16 minutes ago, pc71520 said:
  1. Anti-Malware
  2. Anti-Exploit
  3. Anti-Ransomware

Too many Apps from Malwarebytes...

They need to combine them into a single program.

It would be better for users to run one (1) program

instead of running three (3) different ones...

Not really if you want all 3 products  you can install all 3 . You take MAE  I had to uninstall it when I installed KIS 2016 on a computer  . I could not even get Firefox to open with both installed but i still have MAM  installed on that pc with no problems  .

34 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

Most  Wilders Security users wish

Malwarebytes release an All-in-One product

offering Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, and Anti-Ransomware protection.

Check Posts #12, 13, 14, 17, 24, 26, 29, and 35 (so far...) of the respective thread:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta.383333/#post-2559117

Most people on Wilders installs and test everything new under the sun. But the antivirus  makertshare  tells a different story for years and years M$ and Avast owns the biggest percentage of it .. Even if they did invent a suite i would never buy it I'm happy  using NOD32  with W10FWC  and using MAM free for on demand scans .

1. Malwarebytes is an Anti-Virus COMPLEMENT; not a SUPPLEMENT.

Malwarebytes is Not a fully-fledged Anti-Virus product

like the ones offered by Microsoft and avast!

Therefore, Malwarebytes should NOT be Compared with

Anti-Virus vendors like Microsoft and avast! This is Not fair.

2. It is not only Wilders Security where Users wondered about an

All-in-One product by Malwarebytes...

It happened in NSane, too. Check here and here.

The vast Majority of users favor All-in-One products.

This is purely Rational/Logical.

Of course, there have been always Exemptions and Deviations from

what the vast Majority prefers.

31 minutes ago, Joe13 said:

To make them more rich (kidding). :P

I have been using KIS since its inception, when its name was Antivirus Personal, and as of today, not confronted any evil thing in my system. Its not AV/IS do all the jobs, users have many responsibilities not to offer his system as playground for malicious things.

I got this when I tried installing  WinRARPortable_5.30.4_online.paf

62WaIRq.jpg

:eek:     FP ?

Has anybody received any MAR warning till now ? 

Won't risk installing this file anyway, but what do you think ?   Real threat or FP ?

14 minutes ago, mona said:

I got this when I tried installing  WinRARPortable_5.30.4_online.paf

62WaIRq.jpg

:eek:     FP ?

Has anybody received any MAR warning till now ? 

Won't risk installing this file anyway, but what do you think ?   Real threat or FP ?

FP  most likely this software is still beta over in the download topic more fp  have been reported

The vast majority of users is incorrect (two different threads in two different forums is not majority).  If you combine them your talking about a security suite no thank you (what steventhirtysix mentioned in a different thread).  I like what I have now anti-exploit anti-ransomware and hopefully next anti-apt.

Users asking for an Integrated Malwarebytes product are getting

more and more at Wilders:

-In my previous post, I counted Posts # 12, 13, 14, 17, 24, 26, 29, and 35.

-Now, I am adding  Posts # 76, 82, 84, 90, 91, 92, 96 so far...

Is it only on Wilders Security? Hell, No.

Following it is Link from Technibble. Check Post # 4

BTW, Malwarebytes announced that

they are moving towards an Integrated product.

Check Post # 77 of the respective Thread.

See, also Post # 2 from the Malwarebytes Forums.

3 hours ago, pc71520 said:

Users asking for an Integrated Malwarebytes product are getting

more and more at Wilders:

-In my previous post, I counted Posts # 12, 13, 14, 17, 24, 26, 29, and 35.

-Now, I am adding  Posts # 76, 82, 84, 90, 91, 92, 96 so far...

Is it only on Wilders Security? Hell, No.

Following it is Link from Technibble. Check Post # 4

BTW, Malwarebytes announced that

they are moving towards an Integrated product.

Check Post # 77 of the respective Thread.

See, also Post # 2 from the Malwarebytes Forums.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Decrypterfixer

Moderators

Sorry for your confusion. Please don't take the On/Off button and simple interface as a bad sign. This was simply a quick beta GUI to get the application out, and this technology will be introduced into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware when finished.

I assure you that you are protected from MBARW in every way that CryptoMonitor protected you and more!

Its going be part of  MAM  when its done  not part of MAE  . :)

It may be a pro feature of the program and not be free even.

14 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Its going be part of  MAM  when its done  not part of MAE  . :)

It may be a pro feature  of program and be free even.

Good, i have 2 genuine purchased (was in promo) lifetime licenses of MAM and that is a really good.

5 minutes ago, jamesDDI said:

Good, i have 2 genuine purchased (was in promo) lifetime license of MAM and that is a really good.

Bitdefender  already have  it  before long all  Antivirus  will  .. Back when MAM  1st came out  Antivirus  were to kill virus  and Trojans  mostly Now all of them are anti malware  as well you can set NOD32  up to detect pups  if you wish :) 

For now i'm using also BitDefender Anti-Ransomware separately without any problem. It does its job quietly without disturbing ever :bag:

I figured they would add to anti-malware if they were going to integrate anything anti-malware is where it would go.  I had mentioned I didnt like the idea of integration (I never said they werent going to do it) that might happen in the future its common sense right now I like what they are doing right now.  I prefer running three different programs then one program that way if you want to remove one because of a better product in the future you dont have to remove them all.

Thanks for this one!

On my personal PC's I just go the one standard AV with script blockers for all web browsers but this will come in handy for the one's I use that noobs have access too!.

2 hours ago, Stanners said:

Thanks for this one!

On my personal PC's I just go the one standard AV with script blockers for all web browsers but this will come in handy for the one's I use that noobs have access too!.

This is what im  using  for now same as you and never had any problem with ransomware witch  it  dates back to 1989 The 1st variant  was the Aids Trojan and different variants was around tell 2006 it resurfaced in 2013     ...Sooner  are latter  all  antivirus  will have it there just slow to adapt  is all its just like MAE  ..NOD32 already  has built in AntiExploit no need for me to use this .  :P 

Based on what the vast Majority

of their users have asked for,

Malwarebytes'  Plans

will be based on

Consolidation and Integration. ;)

43 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

Based on what the vast Majority

of their users have asked for,

the future Plan of Malwarebytes

is based on Consolidation/Integration.

;)

Always the scanner is free to remove malwares and updates .. Any of the real time features are not free so  i want never use it only i use the free version for on demand  it  cant compete with better known Antivirus programs  for real time  Ive tired the pro version  and it just slows  you down already so anything else would make it worse .:)

Only the free version ever  won a award June 2014

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2014/07/malwarebytes-anti-malware-free-scores-100-in-av-test-removal-test/

Also the free version  of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is the most popular security product installed by users reported by opswat.  opswat  deals in marketshare not the fact its better.

If  they didn't offer a free version of the scanner  they would  commit suicide. Most people install on the fact there's a free version  regardless  of what there forum  tires to sell you own . :P

Archived