CISA Surveillance Law has passed

Batu69

Late last Friday, the US Congress and President Obama signed into law the CISA Surveillance Law using very underhanded methods.

cybersecurity-info2-1.jpg

CISA doesn’t just impact Americans

CISA is an American law, but unfortunately, it doesn’t only impact Americans. If you use Facebook, Dropbox, Google, or WhatsApp, CISA impacts you. With CISA, US corporations can now hand your data over to the NSA without having to worry about the privacy laws which currently protect your data. This doesn’t matter whether you are a US citizen or a EU citizen, if a US corporation has your data, it can be handed over, under the guise of “cybersecurity”. However, on a whole, CISA is very bad news for online privacy.

Read full article

• Replies 49
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let this reminder that they don't give a fuck about what you want. No sane citizen would have said yes to this, 95% of people probably never heard of it to begin with.

You're a peasant under an oligarchy that pretends to be a democracy. You get to vote which member of the nobility to rule over you, instead of a King's family getting the job.

What makes the bill so creepy the Information sharing is purely voluntary meaning  the American start ups  are more than happy to help out the government.

The bill’s data sharing isn’t limited to cybersecurity “threat indicators”—warnings of incoming hacker attacks, which is the central data CISA is meant to disseminate among companies and three-letter agencies. OTI’s Greene says it also gives companies a mandate to share with the government any data related to imminent terrorist attacks, weapons of mass destruction, or even other information related to violent crimes like robbery and carjacking. The latest update to the bill tacks on yet another kind of information, anything related to impending “serious economic harm.” All of those vague terms, Greene argues, widen the pipe of data that companies can send the government, expanding CISA into a surveillance system for the intelligence community and domestic law enforcement.

http://www.wired.com/2015/03/cisa-security-bill-gets-f-security-spying/

This  is what people get for trusting companies  ran by people they don't know with there private info  and no they didn't sneak it in there..  it passed the senate  14 to 1 along time ago.  I don't  use none of these start ups since 2011 . They been doing this sort of spying under the patriot act since 9-11 this is just a new law is were  it just gives them power to do what they always done. Nothing new but porto mail trying live on peoples  fears to get some more businesses.  Instead of  worrying about it , what do you plain to do to fight back  ? If you keep  using American start ups and trusting them with all you're info you may as well just email  the NSA  all you're info .  Only people who are depended  on  Silicon Valley and other filthy rich start ups  does this effect . Change you're internet habits if you're worried about it .  Fussing about it  and keeping on using these services don't  change the law its already law . Only way to fight back  is don't use these services  witch  i boycotted long ago !!

I wonder how many people  this will wake up ? I doubt very many :P

I don't see Google , Facebook  or any other startups  losing millions of users because this bill passed  in fact most people who complain and have something to worry about are the very ones that support these startups and they are the ones that are throwing  its users under the bus . If you want privacy from The Government  don't use them. 

Never used Facebook, Dropbox or WhatsApp, now i need to break away from google. It's not easy for me, i have full of google "things" and it will be hard detach from google in easy way when you use gmail for ALL, luckily not with real name at least, but now it's time to break away definitively in one way or in another

13 minutes ago, jamesDDI said:

Never used Facebook, Dropbox or WhatsApp, now i need to break away from google. It's not easy for me, i have full of google "things" and it will be hard detach from google in easy way when you use gmail for ALL, luckily not with real name at least, but now it's time to break away definitively in one way or in another

All this bill does  is give companies  more power to snitch on you and be above the law . I don't really care  they turn Cyber criminals  in but  many times the not guilty are accused  there's a lot people in jail for stuff they didn't  do they just needed to pin it off on someone to make  it look like they done something about it.

The latest version of the bill gives even more immunity from privacy lawsuits to companies like Google or Facebook or AT&T when they hand over your private information as long as there's some vague "cybersecurity" reason - even if they commit gross negligence in handing it over.

This is nothing  these startups  have not been doing  the whole time under the Prinda act  , Patriot  act etc.  this just  gives them more immunity from being sued back for  what they have been doing for years.

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

....  this just  gives them more immunity from being sued back for  what they have been doing for years.

What a shame...

15 minutes ago, steven36 said:

This is nothing  these startups  have not been doing  the whole time under the Prinda act  , Patriot  act etc.  this just  gives them more immunity from being sued back for  what they have been doing for years.

Quite right. Now that it is US law, will EU follow suit?

33 minutes ago, vibranium said:

Given that the EU has very strict privacy laws i don't know .  The whole world is watching . If  the USA  has much luck catching cyber criminals  witch the experts says they want . If they do then other countries could adopt such laws.  One  thing the USA  is forgetting is most cyber criminals are very good at  hiding there info .  witch makes it very high risk that they may frame  the wrong person  just so they can  say they caught there guy.

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

..witch makes high risk that they may frame  the wrong person  just so they say they caught there guy.

Perfect ;)

The thing is if you use  Services from the USA   the privacy  laws in the EU  dont matter  when it comes  to this its also law people from the EU  or anywhere else  cant sue them ether ,

They were trying to pass a law in the USA  to protect Europeans from this but it got pulled so you're not even safe  really from Goggle's all knowing  eye .

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/257783-dem-pulls-cyber-bill-add-on-needed-for-eu-agreement

The so-called Judicial Redress Act would give European citizens the right to sue in U.S. courts if their personal data is mishandled. Passage is a prerequisite to a pending data-sharing agreement between the U.S. and the EU.

The House passed its version of the bill earlier this week.

The EU also is becoming a joke..

@Steven36 What about american VPN'S  who STATE they don't log PIA for instance will that now be mandatory..

If so how would they implement it with thousands paying anonymously..As they claim if anyone comes knocking they have no data to share?

If  this has already been explained in the original article my apologies haven't had time to read it fully yet..cheers

1 minute ago, F3dupsk1Nup said:

@Steven36 What about american VPN'S  who STATE they don't log PIA for instance will that now be mandatory..

If so how would they implement it with thousands paying anonymously..As they claim if anyone comes knocking they have no data to share?

If  this has already been explained in the original article my apologies haven't had time to read it fully yet..cheers

Take a look also here: https://www.privacytools.io/

1 hour ago, F3dupsk1Nup said:

PIA I don't use it but i have no reason to believe they would tell on anyone  .  You  need to remember there is no mandatory  data retention laws  in the USA . These companies  that work with the Government have always worked with the Government .  Most all of them harvest  data for a profit  by working with the Government it gives them the protection to do it. If they didn't work with the Government  it most likely would be  illegal . Its like  if you scratch my back Ill scratch  yours.  Now  if the USA ever passed mandatory  data retention laws  they could have to shut down  to protect you  and you would have to find a new VPN.

VPNs  is one the few things  that still  sell good without the need for harvesting data .  The places that give  you free services make there money from data retention you use them  you trust with you're life with the knowledge  that there not out to protect you're privacy at all . This is  how they earn a living is from invading you're privacy .

The vast majority of Google’s offerings don’t cost users a thing. This is because the tech giant derives most of its income from ads, and these affect you whether you have a Google account or not. The company uses tracking cookies and other methods to build an advertising profile around you.

I block cookies  to all sites but  a few . In order for them to get me to allow a cookies it has to be mandatory and i have have a need to allow that cookie.  And still  they don't gets my real ip  to match up with there cookie . One thing I never do is allow Cookies to Goggle  or Facebook . i don't even sign in to them I don't want them building a profile  on me if someone that knows  me wants to  talk  they can call me . 

How Much Does Google Really Know About You?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-much-google-know-about-you/

1 hour ago, jamesDDI said:

Take a look also here: https://www.privacytools.io/

See there trying make it look like its Just  the USA  you need to worry  about Key disclosure law but  there's many countries that have such laws here is the list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_disclosure_law

Lavabit in 2013 closed down because the government wanted  there ssl

If a VPN like PIA was to ever get took to court they would have to close down if they lost because no one would buy it anymore . In fact the owner done said he would close down if it came to this . but one thing is for sure Microsoft , Google  and Facebook is going to  trough you under  the bus before they close down  they make billions of dollars a year regardless.

Doesnt mean it cant be vetoed and its going to be Im sure and I hope it does get vetoed and zomi they put it as a must pass bill law.  Whoever did that doesnt care about us and should step down or resign.

6 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Doesnt mean it cant be vetoed and its going to be Im sure and I hope it does get vetoed and zomi they put it as a must pass bill law.  Whoever did that doesnt care about us and should step down or resign.

No it cant be vetoed Obama done signed  meaning it didn't  get vetoed  . Its already law

oikw8vM.jpg

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/22/the-controversial-surveillance-act-obama-just-signed.html

Its just like when Clinton  signed The North American Free Trade Agreement  and alot people lost there jobs  was the worse thing he done .

Obama  will most likely go down as the worse president in history

11 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Obama  will most likely go down as the worse president in history

I feel to love this sentence.. 

Obama, just another puppet.

5 hours ago, vibranium said:

Of course. They're the ones that passed all the Data Retention laws. A VPN in EU is more likely to rat you out than a US one.

Anyway, most pro-privacy stances I see EU, Russia, or China making are specifically against US tech companies specifically, yet places like UK want to record and store all your browsing history and say "no big deal, what do you have to hide".

China is pointing to US laws as justification for their own corrupt shit. We're literally schooling an authoritarian police state on how to spy on their citizens and make it legal. But land of the free and all that and they're commies and the stuff they do there we'd never do, right? Somewhere down the line we became the Land of the Fleeced and Home of the Slave.

Not a single nation on this planet is moving in a good direction. All sliding towards authoritarian police states, waiting for the next to pass some awful shit to justify their own laws.

They can appeal it then and should.

7 hours ago, CODYQX4 said:

Anyway, most pro-privacy stances I see EU, Russia, or China making are specifically against US tech companies specifically, yet places like UK want to record and store all your browsing history and say "no big deal, what do you have to hide".

Many US  tech companies wanted this they ask for it .

13 tech companies and the BSA | Software Alliance, a consortium of software companies, sent a letter to Congress asking lawmakers to act on cyber security legislation which "will have an immediate positive action on the digital economy."

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2985529/security/privacy-group-calls-for-a-boycott-of-tech-companies-supporting-cisa.html

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which represents dozens of Fortune 500 companies and serves as the biggest lobby group in Washington, acted as the chief private sector advocate for CISA. Congressional records show the group’s lobbyists testified in both the House and Senate on behalf of the bill, and helped corral a number of other trade associations to build support for its passage.

Big business interests support CISA because the bill provided liability protection for corporations that share information with the government, an exchange that business interests hope will shift some of the burden for cybersecurity issues.

The risks for privacy run deep, however. The latest version of CISA that passed Congress strips privacy protections and allows information unrelated to cybersecurity risks to be shared with government agencies. Yet the chamber has been less concerned with privacy and more interested in developing a close relationship with intelligence agencies.

At a summit to help pass CISA last year, Ann Beauchesne, the chamber’s lead CISA lobbyist, got up and asked NSA Director Adm. Mike Rogers how the Chamber of Commerce could “be helpful to you?” She pledged a renewed lobbying effort even — as The Intercept previously noted — suggesting a viral marketing campaign to build public support akin to the “ALS ice bucket challenge.”

https://theintercept.com/2015/12/24/cisa-party/

What do you plain to do about it? is what matters I been taking a stance against this kind of stuff for many years . I don't just talk about it  i boycott these services .

CISA Quietly Passed by Congress thru Sleight of Hand

These stooges were trained by the masters in the art of deception…

2Fgs9eT.jpg

David Blaine impressing Bill Gates, Henry Kissinger and Michael Bloomberg with card tricks involving sleight of hand

http://geopolitics.co/2015/12/19/cisa-quietly-passed-by-congress-thru-sleight-of-hand/

Archived