Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

On 3/27/2017 at 10:29 AM, Akaneharuka said:

I have a question. Is the insert image from URL , Bug or not working right now ?

when I try to paste the image URL into the box , the box became red color.

Like this ↓ 

1323.jpg

I have the same problem but it is sporadic. When "insert image from URL" does not work (turns red and nothing happens) I revert to the old BBC code for images

• Replies 895
  • Views 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/18/2016 at 6:34 AM, knowledge said:

people are start to ask y the site not working

vQS83pR.jpg

Hello friends, what program or site is the above picture of that you guys are using? And how can I be a part of this when the forums are down or even if they are not down?

Akaneharuka
On 2017/5/10 at 1:33 AM, Agent 86 said:

Hello friends, what program or site is the above picture of that you guys are using? And how can I be a part of this when the forums are down or even if they are not down?

Discord :)

https://discordapp.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Change profile pic doesn't work when import from url, it says: " The contents of the URL could not be obtained. Check that the URL is valid and publicly accessible. "

Please fix this!

Thanks in advance,

psy ^_^

27 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

Change profile pic doesn't work

Yes, I can confirm that : tried in the past and also some minutes ago : same result : see the screenshot .

g9hzDct.png

Tried with :

imgur.com  postimg.org  tinypic.com

PS : Robin Hood always would like to help girls ! :P

• Administrator
7 hours ago, psyko666 said:

Change profile pic doesn't work when import from url, it says: " The contents of the URL could not be obtained. Check that the URL is valid and publicly accessible. "

Please fix this!

Thanks in advance,

psy ^_^

I think it's broken from years now. IPB does not fix it, atleast from what I know. For now you can try uploading the file from computer and such.

39 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I think it's broken from years now. IPB does not fix it, atleast from what I know. For now you can try uploading the file from computer and such.

Unfortunately, I must inform you that this is not a problem with the IPS, but a local problem.
Such a problem has not never had. It also works great at the moment, just tested on current version 4.1.19.4. Unfortunately nsaneforums uses still today version 4.1.16.1.
Soon is coming version 4.2.0, currently is available 4.2.0 Beta3.
Unfortunately, this is a very old local problem (and not only), which no one cares.

Success to everyone.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Unfortunately, I must inform you that this is not a problem with the IPS, but a local problem.
Such a problem has not never had. It also works great at the moment, just tested on current version 4.1.19.4. Unfortunately nsaneforums uses still today version 4.1.16.1.
Soon is coming version 4.2.0, currently is available 4.2.0 Beta3.
Unfortunately, this is a very old local problem (and not only), which no one cares.

Success to everyone.

I think we are having some problems which are similar to this one. Possible that it's a server side problem. I will talk to Lite / shought about it, still, I would like if you can help us out with it. As I remember shought checking it last time but was not able to find a fix for it.

Looks like admins can give more likes for one single post. That's cool 8)

Or this has happened only for bro @dcs18, which indeed deserves lots of appreciations for each post ? Wl2LIwk.gif  tx38TOr.gif

rDo5yDB.png

I remember having made a lot of changes to the visuals when I last visited this thread, in 2016 — here is an example of how the site appears in the eyes of a User (on my computers,) if he's not logged-in:—

nysM1ld.png

9 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I remember having made a lot of changes to the visuals when I last visited this thread, in 2016 — here is an example of how the site appears in the eyes of a User (on my computers,) if he's not logged-in:—

This one is an example of how the site appears in the eyes of a User (on my computers,) if he's logged-in:—

f8Zd0ZQ.png

25 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Yesterday when I was doing my tests, for a moment I was able to see something posted private, I don't know how that possible, about members promoted to VIP. I shouldn't see that post cause I'm not VIP but I saw anyway.

3 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Mine has another Member Section from yesterday called Secret Order and marked in black, guess it's new

Hmmm . . . . . these two might have some correlation (on your nSane user account) since I can't see either of those (not even with my complete security system disabled.)  yXZVmpE.gif

• Administrator
6 hours ago, 0bin said:

Mine has another Member Section from yesterday called Secret Order and marked in black, guess it's new

v5g93t.png

How I wish you were not joking there. I would have loved if something like that would have exist here.

The normal editor of the forum can not embed images. Editing in source code (HTML) can embed images.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, rudrax said:

The normal editor of the forum can not embed images. Editing in source code (HTML) can embed images.

Indeed, it's broken and I'm waiting for Lite to get time so that he can fix the licensing issues of IPB so this issue can be fixed.

For now, use [ img ] [ / img ] tags, they work in most cases when the link is non-HTTPS I think.

6 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Indeed, it's broken and I'm waiting for Lite to get time so that he can fix the licensing issues of IPB so this issue can be fixed.

For now, use [ img ] [ / img ] tags, they work in most cases when the link is non-HTTPS I think.

:spank:

• Administrator

To add to it, those unhappy with Imgur can try postimg.org, I found it to be good enough to be used here, having said, the issues embedding it remain though.

it's broken and I'm waiting for Lite to get time so that he can fix

It is sad that Lite, shought and Lee dont have time to fix things at nsane. I would have thought that they learned a lesson by now!

Damn, someone disabled the status update function on my account — posting this here since it has occurred thrice in the past. :(

Oddly, more than one and a half years have passed since the renewal and so far is the "Forum Upgrade Bugs" so topical. Very strange, what will happen, if they would fixed. (I guess - then would be very boring.)

• Administrator
13 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Damn, someone disabled the status update function on my account — posting this here since it has occurred thrice in the past. :(

I checked, it says here that you can enable it yourself. Meaning, it's likely that no one from the staff has disabled it, if it would have, it would have shown that you cannot enable it yourself.

Try this, go to your UserCP > Other Settings on the right > Edit Profile > Enable Status Updates.

If it does not work, then I will enable it from here.

Also, just to be sure, I tried searching in the logs, cannot find much information about anyone from the staff disabling it. If you can mention when this might have happened then I would happily look further into it.

• Lite locked this topic

Archived