Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

On lunes, 31 de octubre de 2016 at 6:19 PM, DKT27 said:

There was an issue that was fixed. However, some individual fixes need to be fixed individually, can you link to the software you were trying to download from here.

Yes, the last I remember was the patch for VMWare Workstation here https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=6656760

But that issue happens before with other software too.

• Replies 895
  • Views 76.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
21 hours ago, anakin206 said:

Yes, the last I remember was the patch for VMWare Workstation here https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=6656760

But that issue happens before with other software too.

Both links work fine here. As I said it was fixed.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Petrovic said:
  Hide contents

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.11.06_16h35m23s_001_.jpg

:s

Possibly, the daily limit was reached I think.

• 1 month later...

What is the days name, when the forum software will be updated?
Current version (IPS Community Suite 4.1.17.1) was released more than months ago, but here is still 4.1.16.1.

Spoiler

IPS Community Suite 4.1.17  Released 12/05/2016

Key Changes

In addition to many small bug fixes, this release includes:

• Accounts flagged as spammers are now more visibly different on the member list in AdminCP
  • Added quite a few new embed providers
    • codepen.io
    • coub.com
    • deviantart.com
    • docs.com
    • funnyordie.com
    • gettyimages.com
    • iFixit.com
    • kickstarter.com
    • meetup.com
    • mixcloud.com
    • mix.office.com
    • on.aol.com
    • reddit.com
    • reverbnation.com
    • screencast.com
    • screenr.com
    • slideshare.net
    • smugmug.com
    • ustream.tv
    • Google Maps (requires free Google API key)
  • Default location for an AdminCP tab honors the admin's ordering
  • Staff notification emails for tickets in Commerce now include the ticket ID
  • Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours
  • If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it
  • You can now set pre-filled reasons for Warning actions that will automatically populate the member notes editor when a moderator warns a user
  • Escape key will now cancel quick-edit on titles
  • Adds a setting to restrict member birthday view to admins only or to completely disable prompting for birthday to member
  • There are now more "save and reload" options in various places to keep your place when editing content or settings
  • New check all box when viewing activity on a member profile for easier moderation
  • You can now hide posts that are unapproved rather than just approve or delete
  • When a moderator changes the status of a report in the ModCP the system now puts a reply in moderator comments noting the change
  • When you see a "could not write file" error the file it was trying to write now shows in the error logs
  • You can now quickly edit tags when viewing an item without having to edit it if you have permission
  • If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out
  • Tags can now be quickly edited when viewing an item
  • Administrators can now create custom RSS feeds for various content
  • Enhancements to IP discovery tools for moderators
  • Actions for reports in ModCP now show when status is changed as a comment
  • Redesigned support tool
  • More REST API methods
  • Password strength rating and requirement option
  • Guest terms of service alert
  • Minimum age requirement
  • Ban Filters are now Word Filters and can set words to automatically moderate
  • Display name history is now available on profile view
  • Better analytics integration
  • Leaderboard

More release information...

Additional Information

Developer Changes

• The \IPS\Ftp class now has a chmod() method
  • Node Controllers can now implement an _afterReorder() method that is fired after reordering nodes
  • The REST API POST /forums/topic/id endpoint will now update the first post content appropriately
  • XRegExp has been upgraded to 3.1.1
  • Whoops has been upgraded to 2.1.4
  • php-punycode has been upgraded to 2.1
  • FontAwesome has been upgraded to 4.7
  • CodeMirror has been upgraded to 5.20.2
  • Stripe has removed the feature used for payouts, so that functionality is now deprecated
  • The image proxy cache now uses a proper file storage extension (core_Imageproxycache)
  • Stack form helpers can now specify a minimum amount of items
  • "Word Filters" (previously, "Profanity Filters") now use an Active Record model, and are now extendable (\IPS\core\Profanity)
  • The installation will now define an \IPS\CIC constant to indicate whether or not the community is on IPS Community in the Cloud platform
  • \IPS\Content::searchResult() can now specify an optional $template parameter to use a custom template.
  • \IPS\Content\Search\Result\Content::html() can now specify an optional $template parameter to use a custom template.
  • \IPS\Content\Search\Result\Content now has an asArray() method, which will return search index data as an array
  • The Translatable form helper now has an sprintf option, to allow for swapping sprintf parameter within the text box with a different value
  • The Password form helper can now show a "strength" meter, and set a minimum strength required

IPS Community Suite 4.1.17.1  Released 12/07/2016 
Key Changes  This is a maintenance release to fix minor issues.

Release Patches

We sometimes release patches for issues that come up frequently between full releases. If you are experiencing any of the issues below on this version you can download and apply the patches using the instructions provided.
  • If you are having trouble setting up Twitter login integration, upload this file to your installation replacing the one that is already there: system/Login/Twitter.php
  • If you are experiencing issues with stock calculation in the store, upload this file to your installation replacing the one that is already there: applications/nexus/modules/front/store/product.php

Additional Information

This release:

• Fixes an issue where the "Who's Online" widget / "Online Users" page shows the wrong number of guests or the wrong date.
  • Fixes an issue where Display Name History shows the history from other accounts.
  • Fixes an issue where deleting a member in the AdminCP may not work.
  • Fixes an error when using tags in some circumstances.
  • Fixes an error when creating an advertisement. 
  • Fixes an error when setting profile photo to use Gravatar. 
  • Improves the Diagnostics section of the AdminCP Support wizard.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Kalju said:

What is the days name, when the forum software will be updated?
Current version (IPS Community Suite 4.1.17.1) was released more than months ago, but here is still 4.1.16.1.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, we have been waiting for this update. But due to some issues which cannot be revealed here in open, we are unable to update as of now. Waiting for Lite to get time to look into it.

• 2 months later...
knowledge-Spammer

when this going to be fixed ? its 1st time i seen this

ayroUvv.png

u see all bad hackers have the tools nowday to make problems  site need to be updated no?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, knowledge said:

when this going to be fixed ? its 1st time i seen this

u see all bad hackers have the tools nowday to make problems  site need to be updated no?

Simple, open the sign in page in a new tab. The sign in page is encrypted by settings here.

On 18/10/2016 at 5:34 AM, knowledge said:

people are start to ask y the site not working

vQS83pR.jpg

What interface do you use to make it look that way, looks good ... thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Akaneharuka

I have a question. Is the insert image from URL , Bug or not working right now ?

when I try to paste the image URL into the box , the box became red color.

Like this ↓ 

1323.jpg

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Akaneharuka said:

I have a question. Is the insert image from URL , Bug or not working right now ?

when I try to paste the image URL into the box , the box became red color.

Like this ↓ 

1323.jpg

There have been some issues linking images on the forums from some time. It can be fixed with an upcoming forums update, but due to some issues, we are not able to update yet and we are waiting for Lite to get time to fix it.

11 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

There have been some issues linking images on the forums from some time. It can be fixed with an upcoming forums update, but due to some issues, we are not able to update yet and we are waiting for Lite to get time to fix it.

For months[~ an year] long having these issues. How long do we wait for @Lite? I know Admins have a hard job. However, nearly an year we are struggling with images, video centering, and more bugs with IPS 4.x.x. Please request @shought to look into this linking issues ASAP.

FYI: I think we all know what happened to vbulletin recently. Since IPB is worse than vbulletin, it is much necessary to keep the forum s/w updated at this time.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, vissha said:

For months[~ an year] long having these issues. How long do we wait for @Lite? I know Admins have a hard job. However, nearly an year we are struggling with images, video centering, and more bugs with IPS 4.x.x. Please request @shought to look into this linking issues ASAP.

FYI: I think we all know what happened to vbulletin recently. Since IPB is worse than vbulletin, it is much necessary to keep the forum s/w updated at this time.

At that time, the issue was not fixed by IPB. When it was fixed, we are having some forum licensing issues with IPB that need to be checked, which can be only and only be done by Lite.

I'm not sure what happened on another forum software. But I must mentioned, I have used several different forums software throughout the internet, including the one mentioned by you - infact, I had even helped in designing a theme for a site which used it and none of them matches the features of IPB, except, maybe some relatively new software once mentioned by a member here, that software too, has it's own problems. We have been using IPB since the start and there are many reasons behind doing so.

I still do not consider video centering as essential though and many other bugs were fixed long ago I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

For everyone to know. Shought has fixed the HTTPS redirect from FP to forums that was happening. Whenever one clicked on a forums link from the FP, the HTTPS version of the forums used to open instead, this has been fixed. This would prevent many unaware users from using the broken HTTPS version of the forums.

One might ask why we have not disabled HTTPS on the forums completely. Well, a lot of people had asked for / wanted HTTPS atleast for login, in addition to that, browsers these days warn users whenever they open the login page about the page not being in HTTPS. So, for now, HTTPS has only been kept for the login page of the forums.

15 hours ago, DKT27 said:

For everyone to know. Shought has fixed the HTTPS redirect from FP to forums that was happening. Whenever one clicked on a forums link from the FP, the HTTPS version of the forums used to open instead, this has been fixed. This would prevent many unaware users from using the broken HTTPS version of the forums.

One might ask why we have not disabled HTTPS on the forums completely. Well, a lot of people had asked for / wanted HTTPS atleast for login, in addition to that, browsers these days warn users whenever they open the login page about the page not being in HTTPS. So, for now, HTTPS has only been kept for the login page of the forums.

sir the breadcrumbs on FP still redirect to HTTPS version of the forums. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Ice Frog said:

sir the breadcrumbs on FP still redirect to HTTPS version of the forums. 

Thanks for mentioning it.

Will look into it.

Have e-mail notifications (of threads I've created or I reply in) been disabled in forums? I do not receive mails notifications anymore even my configuration has them enabled.

26 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

Have e-mail notifications (of threads I've created or I reply in) been disabled in forums? I do not receive mails notifications anymore even my configuration has them enabled.

No problem on my side... ;)

Take a look on your e-mail provider configurations...

2 hours ago, sanjoa said:

Go to options > Content > Notifications click choose and check if nsane is allowed or blocked

Also in Content under Notifications check if Do not disturb me is marked

Update: i thought you talking about Firefox Notifications! nvm

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

The reason is mentioned here. In short, it's due to Hotmail / Outlook. We are trying our best to fix this issue here.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ARMOUR said:

Anyone facing this issue in any post or topic:thumbsdown:

https://s3.postimg.org/e75z8yzf7/2017-05-09_181323.png

Sometimes it happen with me when i try to copy any text here, it even happen when i was copying today

I Am Negan
2 hours ago, ARMOUR said:

Anyone facing this issue in any post or topic:thumbsdown:

https://s3.postimg.org/e75z8yzf7/2017-05-09_181323.png

I got this once, but i thought it was because i was on my iphone.

• Lite locked this topic

Archived