Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

1 hour ago, UpGrade said:

I love the new update, feels nice and fresh. 

Spoiler

I know its been reported to an extent but i feel i should go in depth a little more as some aspects wernt covered, i get no notifications for topics i follow since the update. They used to come through when i logged in, i used to press the bell logo and they would all be there. i notice now that, that particular notification delivery isnt available so i subscribed to a new thread and set it to email instantly as a test and still nothing is happening i would prefer the old option to display when logged in under notifications dont fancy getting emails every second. (it literally would be as im subscribed to a few) 

Other than this great job guys! 

Oh my Dear child, you will see, how little is needed to be happy!

• Replies 895
  • Views 78.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I click go back one page in browser, it just changes the url but it remains in same page.

Example: When I open this page  and goto page 2, then if I click back button in browser, only url changes to page 3 but forum shows page 2 only.

If I goto page 2 and then page 1, then back button will take only to page 2 and if I press back again, it won't goto page 3.

Prefer the "old" way that one could use nsane.

Understand that changes are "required" but should not be so "drastic"

8 hours ago, shought said:

Hi menot, have you tried login in with your display name rather than your old username? 

If that doesn't help you might want to reset your password. 

I didn't understand why this happened but I am sure that it was related to the update. Anyway, I have always used same nickname to log in which is "menot". I reset my password and typed my old password again. I signed in.

5 hours ago, jamesDDI said:

Tapatalk access has been disabled for ever or just for now? It's necessary for the updating process?

I think the mobile site covers what Tapatalk did previously? 

If not we will look into re-enabling it, let me know. 

22 hours ago, shought said:

Now, I only getting the mobile site in my iPad. But, earlier, there was a option to switch the full version. Presently, not available.

In 10" display, this is better to have the full version, IMO.

Full version is found in landscape mode only. In Landscape mode, it shrinks.

with all the respect to all doing the upgrade i dont like the design . i am an old school person , i like the old style which bring me all the great feeling and memory we had at this NO 1 forum . the new design make me feel like i am login to new place :( .

a bug i want to report is , i get email notification to any post in the forum. i think i solved it  by entering my profile and disable some automatic marked option that appear in the "email notification" column.

If it would be possible please to customize the "Unread Content" that it shouldn't show the last post of the topic, and also not show the avatar of the last poster. (basically that it should show only topics).

Also another Bug.

There is no option to view the BBCode at the reply-options

AngrySithLord
3 hours ago, shought said:

The mobile site not covers what Tapatalk did previously. Cuz I used Tapatalk to get notifications from it when I was outside of nsane. So in simple words I didn't must to waiting for reply from somebody on nsane, but I could doing something else and when somebody replied to me I knew it cuz of Tapatalk.

Conclusion of bugs and features till now (my preferences)

Bugs

at the post editor:

1. if you have wide contents the whole site stretches instead of just the editor (even wide codes, instead of the code box reducing it and adding a scroll bar).

2. no scroll bare for code boxes.

3. no post preview.

4. uploaded images are HUGE, instead of small.

5. no spoiler preview while editing (Unable to click to close).

6. no BBCode view

7. remove format doesn't automatically remove links

8. unable to enlarge the editor

9. CTRL+Click doesn't open on a new tab, (at-least not when moving pages)

10. no warning when moving pages and editor is open, that work might be lost. Fixed by auto-saving the work and when you return and try to reply the text is just there

11. manually erasing from text editor doesn't remove from auto-save to not reappear at every quote.

Features

1. Remove the posts from Unread Content. Answer

2. add a view contents updated last 24/2 days/week/last visit/unread contents/etc., the current activity allows only unread. Found it!!

3. add also in the search settings the option to show only threads or also posts

Last but not last,

Thanks for the admins for providing us and maintaining this wonderful Community!!.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, hihello said:

When I click go back one page in browser, it just changes the url but it remains in same page.

Example: When I open this page  and goto page 2, then if I click back button in browser, only url changes to page 3 but forum shows page 2 only.

If I goto page 2 and then page 1, then back button will take only to page 2 and if I press back again, it won't goto page 3.

Back / forward buttons are working fine here.

36 minutes ago, asf said:

If it would be possible please to customize the "Unread Content" that it shouldn't show the last post of the topic, and also not show the avatar of the last poster. (basically that it should show only topics).

See this post.

Nice. New look. But I can't post status updates when I click the + Create button.

6 hours ago, sanjoa said:

Nice. New look. But I can't post status updates when I click the + Create button.

You're the second one mentioning this problem, can you provide me with more details of your particular setup and a picture?

Now the issue has been fixed... But my setup is FireFox 42.0 64 bit and private mode enabled. Site whitelisted on my adblockers.

I haven't made any changes (to this part of the forums), so it was probably cached related.

IPS Community Suite 4.1.5.1

Released 12/08/2015

Key Changes

This is a maintenance release which resolves some issues reported since the release of 4.1.5.  Specifically:

• Emails may not send correctly, or may send to the wrong person
  • Some activity streams may be slow
  • Searching tags may be slow
  • Some applications may not be available to upgrade when you initially visit the upgrader
  • Other general slowness may be noticed

I think most attachments and old profile pictures should be fixed as well now.

On 12/7/2015 at 11:38 AM, hihello said:

Also in notification settings, I see that many toggles are disabled by admin.Please enable the toggles so that I can disable notification for some of the events.

I get a mail whenever I receive a new PM, there is no provision to disable this.

Only 1 of mine is disabled. It says disabled by admin too.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

I need to ask what how to disable members from following me? "followers" I can turn off the notificatio for it but where to disable it?

Goto your profile , select options present beside followers,and check Don't allow others to follow me

5 hours ago, shought said:

I think most attachments and old profile pictures should be fixed as well now.

Hi shout one more thing previously we used to have RECENT POSTS above the STATUS UPDATES     ....but NOW its vice-versa can u do the same in new version too ?

regards

KamenRiderBlack

i'm not receiving notifications from the topics i am following.

• Lite locked this topic
  • shought unlocked this topic

Archived