MSI CR500 ReInstalling w7 Pro x64 continuing freezing issues

Karabasas

Hi guys,
Got myself in a bit of a pickle...
I had a laptop from work and it was driving me nuts with all sort of problems (mainly snap-inn console, admin rights etc), for one it never had SP1 on it.eek.gif (considering how buggy- not surprised really)
Got rid of some nonsense, managed to install SP1, still crashed on me several times, so in boot options, I rather stupidly pressed on install windows... it did, but all of the users (as network providers and set up administrators) all ended up with an old windows folder, but with same errors, as I had before.

Laptop is MSI CR500, the W7 version is X15-37359 Product ID 00371-OEM-9102045-XXXX; CD Key XXXXX-XXXX...
It is obviously validated, but all off the registry cleaning didnt help, clean boot options- almost rendered it unusable, couldn't get report as what more errors are there, but clearly IT guys and other numties managed to get weird configuration as in for users/user rights, that now keep on saying missing etc.

Long story short, I got several ISO copies of W7, but for no love or money I could get old build (X15-37359)copy, where I could re'activate windows with the same key. "best of the rest", I DL'ed W7 Pro x64 X17-59186 and wander if I could extract actual SLP file from existing windows and do a clean reinstall, would SLP file and genuine CD Key would be good enough? if so, How do I extract that info / file?

Drivers and most of the software- I already have backed up, but once in a while, (or) in case something goes wrong, IT guys get to check over and I'll be in load of trouble (recently guy from reception been sacked for something similar), apart from that, currently it is in , that I can not use it or show it to IT guys already.

Many thanks for guidance in advance!

• Replies 40
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the IT department most probably have the whole process automated in an ISO "somewhere". now here comes the hard part. since i don't know your net intrusion capabilities lets just ignore that. i also don't know how capable are you to be stealthy,dodge cameras, sensors, deactivate alarms and such so...yeah. not an option either. so your best bet would be to make "friends" with one of the IT guys... one with a hidden quirk, addiction or fetish. feed his beast for a while aand then blackm....err... ask him nicely to hand you a copy of that iso so you can fix your laptop.

worst case scenario you might end up a little butthurt but at least you save your job.

You don't need that exact iso but you do need the right version: home, pro, enterprise. I don't know about your IT dept but ours imaged our system with the corporate licensed version so the info on the tag no longer applied to what was actually installed on the system. If someone screwed with it they were just out of luck since only a reimage would restore it to the correct configuration. If that is the case with your laptop nothing you do will keep them from knowing you screwed with it.

I checked all my Windows 7 ISOs and none of them match the number you have provided.

You might check out these pages

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/i-need-to-find-a-x15-37379-windows-7-iso-32bit/51ead381-dc33-4f44-a272-78a4686cf214?db=5&auth=1http://www.dailytechtuts.com/174/download-windows-7-iso/

You seem to be saying that your MSI CR500 came with Windows 7 Professional. Is that right? You can tell by the OEM Certificate of Authenticity stuck on the bottom of the laptop. The official website seems to say that this laptop only came with Vista.

If it came with Windows 7, it won't be hard to do a fresh installation. You can google the exact instructions elsewhere, but the steps are:

1. Download the file MSI_NB-F10F096A.XRM-MS from here.

2. Create an official Windows 7 Pro installation USB, but delete the sources\ei.cfg file

3. Use this key when installing: 2W3CX-YD4YJ-DF9B2-V27M6-77GMF

4. Run as administrator the COMMAND PROMPT from All Programs/Accessories, then enter the following command

slmgr -ilc [Path to MSI_NB-F10F096A.XRM-MS]

e.g. if that file is on a USB stick showing as drive E: you would enter slmgr -ilc E:\MSI_NB-F10F096A.XRM-MS

If it did not come with Windows 7, then you need some more advanced help. Call your IT guy.

you can download another iso windows 7 pro mak from MS and install then active by this key: D2HVX-WQP48-QHC7K-6X6R2-X6HXX

Just to say thanks and I will post soon with whole load of issues in a bit.

(slept 3 hrs, worked 6, just got back inn, but tomorrow I'll have to have firms lappy with me...)

the IT department most probably have the whole process automated in an ISO "somewhere". now here comes the hard part. since i don't know your net intrusion capabilities lets just ignore that. i also don't know how capable are you to be stealthy,dodge cameras, sensors, deactivate alarms and such so...yeah. not an option either. so your best bet would be to make "friends" with one of the IT guys... one with a hidden quirk, addiction or fetish. feed his beast for a while aand then blackm....err... ask him nicely to hand you a copy of that iso so you can fix your laptop.

worst case scenario you might end up a little butthurt but at least you save your job.

Not an option! those are absolute ratshi**ts!

You don't need that exact iso but you do need the right version: home, pro, enterprise. I don't know about your IT dept but ours imaged our system with the corporate licensed version so the info on the tag no longer applied to what was actually installed on the system. If someone screwed with it they were just out of luck since only a reimage would restore it to the correct configuration. If that is the case with your laptop nothing you do will keep them from knowing you screwed with it.

I checked all my Windows 7 ISOs and none of them match the number you have provided.

You might check out these pages

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/i-need-to-find-a-x15-37379-windows-7-iso-32bit/51ead381-dc33-4f44-a272-78a4686cf214?db=5&auth=1http://www.dailytechtuts.com/174/download-windows-7-iso/

Thank you, just to confirm, after first install, WGA failed, so that I found one ISO, that was some dodgy All In One (x86 and x64) from 2010, but SP1 not named for build number, but with sticker and windows product registration confirmed- I reinstalled, used right key and activated. It is now well as for VGA.

You seem to be saying that your MSI CR500 came with Windows 7 Professional. Is that right? You can tell by the OEM Certificate of Authenticity stuck on the bottom of the laptop. The official website seems to say that this laptop only came with Vista.

If it came with Windows 7, it won't be hard to do a fresh installation. You can google the exact instructions elsewhere, but the steps are:

1. Download the file MSI_NB-F10F096A.XRM-MS from here.

2. Create an official Windows 7 Pro installation USB, but delete the sources\ei.cfg file

3. Use this key when installing: 2RGBP-GKB4B-BGF4Y-XXVXVXVXVXXV

4. Run as administrator the COMMAND PROMPT from All Programs/Accessories, then enter the following command

slmgr -ilc [Path to MSI_NB-F10F096A.XRM-MS]

e.g. if that file is on a USB stick showing as drive E: you would enter slmgr -ilc D:\MSI_NB-F10F096A.XRM-MS

If it did not come with Windows 7, then you need some more advanced help. Call your IT guy.

Thank you, but I believe it came with, as sticker said W7 Pro non SP1 and has been messed up bad.

you can download another iso windows 7 pro mak from MS and install then active by this key: D2HVX-WQP48-QHC7K-XVXVXVXVX

finally, past this pickle, still nowhere!

Clean install, few updates, (drivers reinstalled badly, using Double Driver) and it still freezes up, as per old configuration, but occasionally spurs in to usable (almost) performance, as what it used to be good year ago.

Picture intense posting incoming! :P

Clean install and just freezes up the same way... svhost process is hogging memory for no explainable reason

IJXpsaR.jpg

eEYDu3I.jpg

Folder options still takes 30s to load up, as search/indexing service would be corrupt (clean install, mind you!)

something, I never come across- CoProcessor, that DD failed to install, windows update fails to find

QoACfl3.jpg

snap-in console keeps on freezing

mroNh6i.jpg

list of W updates

H0ojowk.png

but somehow update keeps on saying, check for the updates, though does install some in the background, as I intensionaly installed stand alone packages of Silverlight, DX, .NetFr 4.0 and 4.5 only

Any work on it and she does freeze up

UlfxvSh.png

Damned snap-in console again.

still, after some installing it and restarting it couple of times, it is not IntelCeleron or Intel driver issue

k9YnCAz.png

the only suspect I found is Hibernation package, that I got rid off

EK0ZaDw.pngstill, all the same...

CPU-0, RAM hardly ever less, than 90%, but once in a while it does drop to more reasonable and all so sudden she goes as new...

BTW, got rid of Microsoft Security Essentials already- still the same...

Some additional info

YKmuV6m.png

And one of them spurs of the moment, when memory drops, performance increases

mobo info

gtygFd5.png

Guys, any Ideas, what where wrong what goes on this piece of polished t***rd?

Am I missing something?

Since the installation appears to be going smoothly, the best thing to do would be to head over to the MSI forums.

Topic renamed

Has been googled-up yesterday...

Since the installation appears to be going smoothly, the best thing to do would be to head over to the MSI forums.

New attempt got me thinking...

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=259865.0

will post back, if nVidia/Intel Graphics driver issue will solve anything,

Any other suggestions meanwhile?

Thanks!

(slept 3 hrs, worked 6, just got back inn, but tomorrow I'll have to have firms lappy with me...)

i didn't say you had to like being the IT guy's bitch for a while!

...hey, we're trying to save your job here!

aFhWSah.gif

:D

i didn't say you had to like being the IT guy's bitch for a while!

...hey, we're trying to save your job here!

aFhWSah.gif

B)

From experience- those IT guys are clueless sh*tbags, I am certain lad at the reception tried to speak to them nicely... apart from a over a year, I had slow laptop, that I kept writing to them, had it taken it away for week sometimes- never fixed or where of any help! <_<

anw info:

------------------

System Information
------------------
Serial Number: System Serial Number
Product Name: CR600
Windows Product Key: J79K4
HDI Build: non-OEM
BIOS Version: A1683NG6 V3.0T
BIOS Release Date: 2010/07/19
EC Version: N/A
CPU: Celeron® Dual-Core CPU T3500 @ 2.10GHz
Memory: 2048 MB @ 1024 MHz
- 2048 MB, non-DDR memory-2048, Hyundai HYMP125S64CP8-S6
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G, 256 MB
VBIOS Version: 62.79.78.00.00
Network: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Network: Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
---------------------
Programs and Features
---------------------
VLC media player , 2.2.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 , 4.5.51209
Java 8 Update 66 (64-bit) , 8.0.660.17
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 , 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Silverlight , 5.1.40728.0
NVIDIA Control Panel 341.92 , 341.92
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 341.92 , 341.92
NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.30.1 , 1.3.30.1
NVIDIA Install Application , 2.1002.172.1382
Adobe Flash Player 19 NPAPI , 19.0.0.245
Google Chrome , 47.0.2526.73
Microsoft Works , 9.7.0621
Java Auto Updater , 2.8.66.17
Google Update Helper , 1.3.28.15
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system , 12.0.4518.1014
Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 (English) , 12.0.4518.1014
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 , 9.0.30729.6161
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.02) , 11.0.02
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver , 6.0.1.6101
-------------
OS Activation
-------------
Name: Windows® 7, Professional edition
Description: Windows Operating System - Windows® 7, OEM_COA_NSLP channel
Partial Product Key: J79K4
License Status: Licensed

wait, if it was slow...

Celeron® Dual-Core CPU2048 MB, non-DDR memoryGeForce 8200MMicrosoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
...it's because it's SUPPOSED to be extremely slow!nothing you can do about the speed short of replacing it for something more modern that can handle the software properly

it isn't, agreed!

wait, if it was slow...

Celeron® Dual-Core CPU
2048 MB, non-DDR memory
GeForce 8200M
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
...it's because it's SUPPOSED to be extremely slow!
nothing you can do about the speed short of replacing it for something more modern that can handle the software properly

But, but, but....

Reinstalled, not with Microsoft, not the correct one (nVidia), but with 341.92-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international...

Memory seems to be little less hogged, still freezes up, but does kind of perform little better.

As for actual laptop... if not the other two, that are almost OK, if not I had it functioning, as I taken possession slow, but not freezing, I'd say you are correct... and also, having dealt with way smaller spec machines in the past...

Lost now, MUST be something, I am missing...?

one more observation- even in-between of uninstalling nVidia drivers in safe mode- slowly, but surely, memory creeps up to all the way to 95% and then slowly, just sometimes gets back down to reasonable 50-60% and she works fairly... :/

Mate, with only 2 gig of memory, the laptop is bound to hit a bottleneck. Running Windows 7 Pro on just that amount of memory is not recommended.

Been there, done that.

Potential problems:

64-bit OS with only 2G of memory, more overhead

a lot of memory swapping and disk thrashing - periods of lag

CPU maxing out, even fan/cooling problems

Clean install and just freezes up the same way... svhost process is hogging memory for no explainable reason

IJXpsaR.jpg

eEYDu3I.jpg

Folder options still takes 30s to load up, as search/indexing service would be corrupt (clean install, mind you!)

something, I never come across- CoProcessor, that DD failed to install, windows update fails to find

QoACfl3.jpg

snap-in console keeps on freezing

mroNh6i.jpg

to turn off SVchost.exe use more RAM. please go to service and disable superfect. then go to windows update check the final update afterthat turn off windows update too. So that your PC 'll activities so fast. and sometime you can check for update manualy.

Thanks guys!

Major issue was newer nVidia driver, which kept on updating or all there is on offer- even newer ones.

"Solved it", but it not completely freezes now, the Ms office reinstalled, can get templates and file compatibility via main app, really slowed down, but works!

For the ref: anyone with the same problem should disable driver updates, until factory ones are installed, including stupidest " System control Manager", that had CoProcessor driver. Also nVidia has to be 15.17, but not the video driver, that is 1683gt8200.8.16.11.89w764...

No wander "IT guys" struggled to get it properly configured...

Thanks again and cheers!

If time and funds allow, the laptop should be upgraded to 4 gig memory. You should see smoother operation then.

You must be son of a witch ! ? :P

Already got the numbers, will order at work, but will pay own-self, just to keep on using it, as little pleasure of it is...

If time and funds allow, the laptop should be upgraded to 4 gig memory. You should see smoother operation then.

did you notice it's non ddr? that W7 pro x64 is going to eat it for breakfast anyway.

i usually don't recommend anyone to use xp for a long number of reasons. but with those specs there isn't much to do. maybe lubuntu might make it snappier

but then again it's not really yours and sooner or later someone is going to find out. BUT... if you succeed in doing what the IT guys could not, you might be looking at a promotion

did you notice it's non ddr? that W7 pro x64 is going to eat it for breakfast anyway.

According to the official specs of MSI CR600 (CR500 also):

Memory --- DDR2 667/800, Max: 4GB

According to the official specs of MSI CR600 (CR500 also):

Memory --- DDR2 667/800, Max: 4GB

i'm just noting what he posted about his own system specs

Archived