Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

Batu69

VAIO users can’t benefit from the full Windows 10 experience

Windows 10 was released in July 2015, but Sony recommended VAIO customers to wait until October before upgrading, as it needed more time to develop compatible versions of its drivers.

In October, however, the company updated its original deadline and pushed it back to November, again advising VAIO customers to hold back the upgrade until drivers were released.

But now that it’s almost December, many of those who own a VAIO device are again searching for updated drivers for Windows 10, especially because some are being offered the upgrade via Windows Update.

Unfortunately, though, Sony hasn’t yet released these eagerly anticipated Windows 10 drivers for VAIO devices, so while the company no longer says that holding back the upgrade is the better choice, it’s pretty clear that installing the new operating system might not be the best thing to do right now.

We can also confirm that Windows 10 drivers for VAIO Duo 13 are not yet available, and after performing the upgrade, some features of the device cannot be used, including the camera. Additionally, battery software isn’t available, so you can’t customize power plans besides the ones that are built into Windows.

No timing information available

Sony hasn’t yet provided us with a new timing for Windows 10 drivers, but users who’ve tried to install the new OS since its debut in July have come across all kinds of problems after performing the process.

Some, for instance, claim that screen dimming isn’t correctly handled while fan activity is unusual.

“I upgraded my Sony Vaio from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've had a number of the same problems folks on this thread are mentioning, including the screen dimming to very dark. I also have noticed the cooling fan runs far too much and drains my battery,” one user said in a post.

We’ve reached out to both Microsoft and Sony to ask for a new deadline and will update the article when such info is available.

News source

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sony is always late in case of driver update. I ran Windows 8.1 in my vaio with a display driver provided by microsoft through windows update. That's why I sold my laptop.

Helped to service Vaio units before in the past. I strongly un-recommended them. Nobody I know uses them now. The drivers and add-ons are ultra-proprietary and super customized. For example, you couldn't even install generic graphics drivers.

Chances are one in a million, they should use updated drivers from hardware manufacturers instead of laptop manufacturer

Not always hardware manufacturers have drivers that work for you’re computer ether when I installed Windows 10 on my Gateway the new AMD drivers would not install back in July Aug they said I needed to get them trough Microsoft and these were broke so I had had install some beta drivers that were for pre release for windows 10 to get newer drivers . My manufacturer don’t have any ether for windows 10. Now many cards are legacy with crimson release . So I just turned my computer in to a Linux box and it came with windows 8 x64 on it new .

Chances are one in a million, they should use updated drivers from hardware manufacturers instead of laptop manufacturer

Not always hardware manufacturers have drivers that work for you’re computer ether when I installed Windows 10 on my Gateway the new AMD drivers would not install back in July Aug they said I needed to get them trough Microsoft and these were broke so I had had install some beta drivers that were for pre release for windows 10 to get newer drivers . My manufacturer don’t have any ether for windows 10. Now many cards are legacy with crimson release . So I just turned my computer in to a Linux box and it came with windows 8 x64 on it new .

So you're only talking about graphic cards here right? other parts definitely have updated drivers. graphic cards in this case are not only a problem for laptops. PCs with old cards would have the same problem.

So you're only talking about graphic cards here right? other parts definitely have updated drivers. graphic cards in this case are not only a problem for laptops. PCs with old cards would have the same problem.

Well Windows 10 updates you’re sound drivers and stuff by default it puts any drivers you need to run it on most machines . the problem I had was the display driver Microsoft game me was broke it was like using the open source driver that comes in Linux that i replaced with AMD catalyst It dont work right. The main reason I stopped using Windows 10 was this It started giving me BSOD and it messed up my HHD from shutting its self down wrong . When I replaced the HHD I just put a different O/S in that was free in it . I still have a new Dell pc with win 8.1 x64 that uses Intel at lest there drivers from there site , from my manufacturer and Microsoft still get updated.

Well Windows 10 updates you’re sound drivers and stuff by default it puts any drivers you need to run it on most machines . the problem I had was the display driver Microsoft game me was broke it was like using the open source driver that comes in Linux that i replaced with AMD catalyst It dont work right. The main reason I stopped using Windows 10 was this It started giving me BSOD and it messed up my HHD from shutting its self down wrong . When I replaced the HHD I just put a different O/S in that was free in it . I still have a new Dell pc with win 8.1 x64 that uses Intel at lest there drivers from there site , from my manufacturer and Microsoft still get updated.

Well if your Laptop was Sony (or a few other brands) then you can't install graphic drivers directly from AMD's website. Installation completes but some features will be unavailable.

Question, do you speak English the same way you write it? :)

Question, do you speak English the same way you write it? :)

:lmao:

What's up! @Steven :D

Archived