Help regarding buying a macbook pro

mana

Hello friends I am really in a fix and want your help in deciding one very important thing

I have always been using windows pc and laptops all my life but now i want to buy a macbook. I am a casual user but still want a fast laptop which should be good for many years. I have shortlisted macbook pro 13 inch as a laptop of my choice. Now I have read all over the internet that i should wait as the new macs are just around the corner and that is what i am doing.

Today i found this wonderful offer of 15 inch macbook the latest model 2015 with force touch in almost the same price of 13 inch macbook pro. In short when the new macbook comes i will be able to buy the 13 inch middle model but if i buy this one now it is the the 15 inch base model. What should i do, should i wait for the new macbook or buy this one. please help asap

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Views 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone can answer this one thing then it will be easy for me to decide. Will the new mac book 13 inch model be fast and better then the already present 15 inch model then my problem will be solved.

If anyone can answer this one thing then it will be easy for me to decide. Will the new mac book 13 inch model be fast and better then the already present 15 inch model then my problem will be solved.

strange question man.check specs & u'll know who's faster. CPU/GPU boss ( & http://cpuboss.com/ ) may help 2 decide.

btw. what's wrong with windows ultrabooks?

I never use the term 'fast' when talking about a MacBook Pro because Apple never has the latest Intel chips in their devices. I think you would be happy with the 15" MacBook Pro. I have had dozens of them in all sizes and I absolutely detest the 13". My favorite MacBook Pro is my late 2008 15" with replaceable battery. It may be old but it is plenty fast still. I have replaced the battery 3 times just because I use it so much they wear out. I don't like the new ones with the contained batteries but you don't have a choice.

Apple never has the latest Intel chips in their devices

r u sure?

MacBook Air

Intel's new 15-watt Core i5 and i7 chips appropriate for the MacBook Air feature dual-core 1.8 GHz to 2.2 GHz processors with Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz - 3.2 GHz, Intel Iris Graphics 540, integrated GPUs with dedicated eDRAM, 4MB of L3 cache and 1866 MHz LPDDR3 memory speed.

Intel-Skylake-i5-i7.jpg

source

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/02/intel-skylake-notebooks-desktops/

See here. easy comparison.

Archived