1.1 million Americans don't have a toilet...

humble3d

1.1 million Americans don't have a toilet...

By Brian Patrick Byrne

THE WEEK REPORTS...

Did you celebrate World Toilet Day? The recent holiday is a good reminder to rejoice as you read this article on your phone, maybe even while sitting comfortably on a modern, porcelain toilet, which flushes with water so crystalline clean you could, in hard times, drink it without too much fear of dying. (We do not recommend doing that, by the way.)

FAIR USE VERSION ?

TOILETDIVE.gif

• Replies 5
  • Views 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very cute thread - some will call it a sh*tty subject though, yes ?!?

Some of the verbiage in this assertion could easily be considered confusing and/or deceptive...

Does it mean FLUSH toilets exclusively - those which MUST have pressurised water to function;

Or - does it mean zero toilets of any sort - with or without water used for flushing waste away ??

Guess what...?

I lived in a rural setting without a WATER using toilet for about 8 years.

Lived quite well too, thank you.

(Just FYI=> I'm a bit of a clean freak - yet I was OK with this - so how bad can it be ??)

Using a waterless toilet is not odd, not smelly if done correctly, not dirty, nor hard to live with.

Many folks now have composting toilets too - and it is easy enough to build one of those as a DIY project very affordably.

In many countries fecal matter is used to generate biogas - it is very useful to those folks for cooking and such.

Using 1 - 5 gallons of clean, drinkable water to flush away a few ounces of urine is a terrible waste of something so precious.

Trivia question:

Where does most toilet waste water end up - where it may never be recovered from by usual means ??

That is an astounding figure for a first-world nation.

just coz the abyss between poor & rich ppl is too big nowdays & it's not about US only unfortunatelly.

Archived