How to Block/Disable Ads in Microsoft Edge

Batu69

Windows 10 introduces a new Web browser, Microsoft Edge (formerly known as Project Spartan). Microsoft Edge is the default web browser on both the PC and mobile device editions of Windows 10, replacing Internet Explorer 11 and Internet Explorer Mobile. Microsoft Edge comes with a lot of great features, including Cortana virtual assistant integration, reading mode, and the ability to annotate web pages. It also loads pages very very fast (and not only in benchmarks).

However, Microsoft Edge browser doesn't come with support for any kind of ad-blocking browser extensions like Adblock Plus or add-ons so that's why EdgeAdBlock was born. EdgeAdBlock is an Ad blocker program for Microsoft Edge browser that works as a simple to use advertisement filter and does exactly what its name suggests: it helps you block advertising banners, block flash ads, in-text ads and pop-up advertisements, browser popups and any other unwanted adware programs might get installed without your knowledge.

Edge AdBlock is a small, simple, standalone ad blocker program that allows you to block ads and banners in the Microsoft Edge browser. You don't need any extension or addon to block advertisements. With Edge AdBlock installed you will surf the web faster and safer.

How to install EdgeAdBlock?

1. Download the EdgeAdBlock program From Below
  2. Close you web browser and all the running programs
  3. Double-click the EdgeAdBlock.zip and extract all the files to a folder of choice.
  4. Right click the ”Edge Adblock.bat” and select “Run as Administrator”.
  5. Press ‘Continue’ or ‘Yes’ to confirm the UAC elevation warning prompt.
  6. Press ”1” to enable EdgeAdblock and press ”Enter” on your keyboard.

How to uninstall EdgeAdBlock?

1. Close you web browser and all the running programs
  2. Right click the ”Edge Adblock.bat” and select “Run as Administrator”
  3. Select ”2” so you can disable EdgeAdblock and press ”Enter”
  4. Delete the Edge Adblock folder.

Edge_AdBlock.gif

Download Edge Adblock

Credit to

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, would never adopt any host-based ad blocking — it is a globally-invasive method which lacks in granularity and affects the entire system.

<redacted comment> read more closely. DCS18 is right.

I gave up on Edge after truly trying and giving it a chance and just use IE11 for clients for compatiblity and support's sake.

Nice try MSFT. Keep swinging.

for me Adguard For Windows takes care of everything including EDGE browser .no extra rules and also bock ads in other apps like uTorrent etc..

anyways thanks for notifiying as this will enable some users that they can block ads without paying for an ADblocker for EDGE

regards

kantry123

for me Adguard For Windows takes care of everything including EDGE browser .no extra rules and also bock ads in other apps like uTorrent etc..

anyways thanks for notifiying as this will enable some users that they can block ads without paying for an ADblocker for EDGE

regards

kantry123

Totally agree ! if you want to block ADS from edge , dont use any kind of bat files shit ! use ad guard !

Absolutely correct. i too use Adguard for system wide ad block.

Archived