[Runtime Error] Fix

LeeSmithG

This error happened around four (4) years ago.

I contacted the software company and they talk b.s. and blame other software for the problem.

I have updated all my run-times and done everything I know to try fix it.

So like any patient I need a second opinion.

Any ideas?

n4zhtv.jpg

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried doing a clean boot (not safe boot) and installing the software? (hxxps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135)

During the install if it asks to install it for the current user or all users, have you checked current user only?

This error is in reference to the Installaware script that is trying to do something that your system is preventing it from doing, specifically whatever is being directed by line 188, which could be telling it to install something in a specific location that it doesn't find or doesn't have rights to install to or possibly writing a registry key, or checking for a specific piece of hardware or driver. Though you may think they are giving you BS, these types of problems are related to the system the software is being installed on and can either be a hardware or software problem with the system. They should be able to tell you what is on line 188 of their install scipt though which would assist you in fixing whatever the problem is on your system.

Israeli_Eagle

1. Install to all users.

2. Make sure that you start the installers as admin.

3. Maybe you can see more what happens if you start the installer in admin cmd.

4. When the error happens, you also see an event (Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events)?

Thanks both of you.

Tried all what you've written previously except compatibility, so lowest o.p.s. is Vista, tried it as Vista and still same.

Israeli_Eagle

Thanks both of you.

Tried all what you've written previously except compatibility, so lowest o.p.s. is Vista, tried it as Vista and still same.

What's about the events (#4 what I wrote)?

Thanks both of you.

I did write, I tried them all.

Israeli_Eagle

Thanks both of you.

I did write, I tried them all.

Huh? No events at all or which source & event ID?

Israeli_Eagle

Have you noticed, the installer is packed into a 7-zipped sfx?

wscx7free.exe (packed)

Size: 17.7 MB

MD5: F319465088A168C168B1B5C9996FE5CB

ylZzwDq.png

Unpack this to any folder by WinRAR/7-Zip. Now launch the unpacked setup file (execute wcx7free.exe in the unpacked folder, not the original packed one) to check, the msg appears or not.

Yeah....... Folders work usually better as Archives. LOL :D

First thank you very much for posting a image. Second are there any software programs on the computer that do the same shit if yes could be a compatibility issue. Check this out:

http://www.installaware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2048&sid=4a7f7e1b0ca483ce2e77e5d6eb1b5b1f

Try to Install again this time DONT choose the install for all users option what straycat19 mentioned.

If the developer won't help you identify the problem the only thing left to do is decompile it and try to see the code to identify the line that is throwing the error. I just don't have time to help you with that right now.

Israeli_Eagle

First thank you very much for posting a image. Second are there any software programs on the computer that do the same shit if yes could be a compatibility issue. Check this out:

http://www.installaware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2048&sid=4a7f7e1b0ca483ce2e77e5d6eb1b5b1f

Try to Install again this time DONT choose the install for all users option what straycat19 mentioned.

That means most probably that the installer not had admin status!

Archived