Man Orders OnePlus One from Amazon India, Gets Brick Instead

Karamjit

Indian buyer was shocked to find a brick instead of a phone

Are you ready for one of those creepy stories you can’t believe actually happened? We have one to share with you right now: a customer in India received a brick instead of the phone he ordered.

As it turns out, the customer wanted to purchase the OnePlus One, so he went to Amazon India and placed an order. A few days later, he received his product with a slight delay, but to his great surprise, the package did not contain a smartphone but a brick. The customer shared his story and a few images showing he was not kidding online and also on Amazon’s India page (as seen at Gadgetgyaan).

The online retailer reacted pretty quickly, saying they were going to look into the situation. The user also complained that upon calling Amazon custom care, he was treated very casually and was asked to be patient and wait until October 15.

He also mentioned that the packaging the phone arrived in had been tempered with, so one of the possibilities is that someone actually stole the phone from the box, before the package had the chance to reach its final destination.

The phone was probably stolen

Apparently, the device that went missing was a 64GB Sandstone Black version of the OnePlus One. We don’t know whether the situation has been resolved yet, but hopefully the customer will get his money back.

It’s not the first time we’re hearing such a story. Sometimes thieves will remove the product from the box and replace it with something that weighs approximately the same. A few years back, a woman purchased an iPad from Walmart as a gift only to discover that the package contained only notepads inside.

The OnePlus One was announced back in April 2014 and arrives with a 5.5-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution (401ppi) and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The phone runs on a Snapdragon 801 processor in combination with 3GB of RAM and either 16GB or 64GB of internal storage.

It also packs a 13MP main shooter with autofocus and dual-LED flash plus a 5MP frontal camera. The phone ships out with CyanogenMod 12 out of the box, but since the launch of the handset, the partnership between the two companies has dissolved.

From

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to purchase Oneplus One smartphone. But I cancelled my order by reading your topic. :D

u did right bro ;) at least coz it's old phone for now.

new one here -just for the case (not an advertising!)

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_218606.html?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=denvas

hmm maybe this is why they only sell OnePlus two with invitation only!

Few days back, a man exploited flipkart.com's return policy and tricked 20 lacs rupees loss to them http://www.bangaloremirror.com/news/india/Andhra-youth-dupes-Flipkart-of-Rs-20-lakh/articleshow/49173030.cms

I doubt this could be something similar to that.

Actually, it's not bad, what he did is good. He has some extent balanced the nature. Why, just because, they're company and has battery of lawyers, power etc. they're right. But, what is, "when they cheat honest consumers?" They've to bear the brunt, just because they lack those power and the legal system here is completely broken.

To support my statement, here i give you a live experience, "i had ordered one Samsung 32 UHS 1 microsd card on eBay, but their seller (who was rated 90% on eBay) dispatched fake chinese made card. Being honest, i paid the amount to the courier while taking the delivery, and, later, when i checked the card, i found it was a fake chinese Taiwan made card. I had then immediately, reported it on eBay through claim / telephone calls along with all the photo graphs showing the differences between the original Samsung Korean card and (this eBay delivered card). In addition, i had also provided video links demonstrating original and fake card, to support my case. But, their (eBay's) commission agent (claim agent) sided the seller and didn't allow my claim to go through. Finally, i kicked that bitch (eBay commission agent) and the card still lies with me.

Few days back, a man exploited flipkart.com's return policy and tricked 20 lacs rupees loss to them http://www.bangaloremirror.com/news/india/Andhra-youth-dupes-Flipkart-of-Rs-20-lakh/articleshow/49173030.cms

Actually, it's not bad, what he did is good. He has to some extent balanced......Just because, they're company and has battery of lawyers etc. they're right, but what, when they cheat honest consumers? They've to bear the brunt, just because they lack those power and the legal system here is completely broken.

To support the case, i give you a live experience, i had ordered one Samsung 32 UHS 1 microsd card on eBay, but their seller (who was rated 90% on eBay) dispatched fake chinese make card. Being honest, i paid the amount to the courier while taking the delivery. And, later, when i check, i found it fake chinese card,...and immediately, i reported it on eBay through claim along with all the photo graphs showing the difference between the original Samsung Korea card and this eBay card. In addition, i had also provided video links to support my case. But, their (eBay's) commission agent (claim agent) sided their seller and didn't allow my claim to go through. Finally, i kicked that bitch (eBay commission agent) and the card still lies with me.

Well done ;)

Actually, it's not bad, what he did is good. He has to some extent balanced......Just because, they're company and has battery of lawyers etc. they're right, but what, when they cheat honest consumers? They've to bear the brunt, just because they lack those power and the legal system here is completely broken.

To support the case, i give you a live experience, i had ordered one Samsung 32 UHS 1 microsd card on eBay, but their seller (who was rated 90% on eBay) dispatched fake chinese make card. Being honest, i paid the amount to the courier while taking the delivery. And, later, when i check, i found it fake chinese card,...and immediately, i reported it on eBay through claim along with all the photo graphs showing the difference between the original Samsung Korea card and this eBay card. In addition, i had also provided video links to support my case. But, their (eBay's) commission agent (claim agent) sided their seller and didn't allow my claim to go through. Finally, i kicked that bitch (eBay commission agent) and the card still lies with me.

I can understand your situation. You are not the only one. I have also received a broken UPS from snapdeal. I am not taking the side of these e-commerce sites but now a days people also have adapted to these.

I never shopped anything from ebay though. They being very popular don't care much for their customers these days.

Archived