Whats your opinion on this router?

mrkool123

I wanna replace my current router the linksys E1500.What do you think about this router the tp link Archer C5,or the asus RT N66u.These are on sale currently.Any other suggestions would be great.

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally purchased the WRT1900AC by Linksys which had a very large footprint and constantly locked up on me, after rebooting it 4-5 times per week, went with the TP Link C9, had it over a month, zero issues.

I wanna replace my current router the linksys E1500.What do you think about this router the tp link Archer C5,or the asus RT N66u.These are on sale currently.Any other suggestions would be great.

Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Broadband Router (1300 Mbps, USB 3.0/2.0, 2.4 GHz, 2 x 5 GHz, Download Master, Parental Control)

Do not buy junk! future proof your self with one of the best routers out there ^

Stay away from netgear nighthawk 7000/8000

I also have a TP-LINK ( Archer C7 ) router and it works very well. In all my house, inclusive the garden, I have good WIFI thanks to this great router. It costs about € 90,00 which is not much.See this review.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32498-tp-link-archer-c7-v2-reviewed

TP-LINK is a chinese manufacturer of IT products in the mid range.Good and reliable products for a normal price.

Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Broadband Router (1300 Mbps, USB 3.0/2.0, 2.4 GHz, 2 x 5 GHz, Download Master, Parental Control)

Do not buy junk! future proof your self with one of the best routers out there ^

Just curious about why you say that.. I love mine.. ( R8000 ) and incidentally they have been patched with the latest firmware release ( yes, after articles said they couldn't be ) with also an EX7000 AC1900 Range Extender.. ( New addition, also updated )..

but back on task.. what price range are you looking at?

Just curious about why you say that.. I love mine.. ( R8000 ) and incidentally they have been patched with the latest firmware release ( yes, after articles said they couldn't be ) with also an EX7000 AC1900 Range Extender.. ( New addition, also updated )..

but back on task.. what price range are you looking at?

I wanted to say pretty much the same thing. There is absolutely zero reason imo to stay away from the nighthawks.

All the routers mentioned are subject to the USB bug except the Linksys Most of them cannot be fixed with a firmware update. I have a Linksys 1900AC, runs perfect and only reboot it once a month as normal maintenance. It connects a repeater and a wired switch along with 3 NAS units, 5 phones, 12 notebooks,netbooks,laptops, and tablets, a WDTVLive Hub, and 3 Desktop computers. I am waiting on my pre ordered Linksys 1900ACS which has twice as much memory and a faster processor.

• 2 weeks later...

TP-Link Archer C7 does not run Tomato.
http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/tomato-on-tp-link-archer-c7.71009/

Although not updated for a while, I would still say Firmware software best is Tomato shibby build - http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=69

http://www.flashrouters.com/blog/2013/07/31/best-wireless-routers-for-tomato-firmware/

The Future of Tomato – Asus RT-AC66U Wirless-AC1750

Just added as Tomato supported, the Asus RT-AC66U has become the first next-gen wireless device to be supported. While the RT-N66U is the go to for the largest amount of users, those looking for the same hardware specs while adding Wireless-AC support for the next evolution in wireless connectivity can step up with the RT-AC66U Tomato Router.

If you are looking for the most powerful and fastest Tomato WiFi Router, then the RT-AC66U is perfect for you!

Archived