Flash drive

bruinator

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I've items of both brands (flash drives, SD cards for the DSLR, micro SD and SSD) they're, both, good and renowned brands.
The only problem I've had was with a SanDisk SSD that 1 month before the 3 year warranty finishes went off, I've done the RMA and they replaced it without no problem at all. So, in this particular matter, based in my experience, I do recommend SanDisk without any doubt.
Cheers,

Which ever one has the fastest transfer speed is important to me, both are good brands.

It is not such a bright idea to ask for a comparison between brands — personally, I'd want a technical knock-down between 2 models (not brands.)

I have about 500 flash drives from 1 GB to 256 GB and I rely on San Disk and Kingston, though I have had success with Transcend drives. I would stay away from PNY drives as those have all failed at some point in time. Matter of fact, I don't have any PNY drives left, all 24 failed in the last couple years and when they started failing I quit buying them. I still have 1 and 2 GB Sand Disk Titanium flash drives that are still working. And I still have the first IBM 128MB flash drive I bought that cost $400.

It is not such a bright idea to ask for a comparison between brands — personally, I'd want a technical knock-down between 2 models (not brands.)

I think it is very wise to get a brand comparison. Within a brand, e.g. Sandisk, you can choose a size of drive and they make 3 or 4 at different speeds. So after choosing a brand, choose the size, and then select your drive based upon either the speed you want or the speed you can afford.

I think it is very wise to get a brand comparison. Within a brand, e.g. Sandisk, you can choose a size of drive and they make 3 or 4 at different speeds. So after choosing a brand, choose the size, and then select your drive based upon either the speed you want or the speed you can afford.

Yeah right, so you compare an apple with an orange and then celebrate the lemon. :clap:

Yeah right, so you compare an apple with an orange and then celebrate the lemon. :clap:

that was a little too much... lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Administrator

Before buying any pen drives, make sure you read and compare benchmarks on sites like this and this. Googling the model for it's reviews would also help.

Some pen drives are similarly priced but there is a quite a difference when it comes on speed and reliability of them.

Archived