Web Browser Performance Comparison And Database

anuseems

The Internet is an ever changing congruous mass of standards, design, and interoperability challenges. Keeping on top of it all can be a daunting task. It's a delicate balance between features, security and performance. If you are considering swapping out your browser for something new and fresh, but uncertain over the real performance difference, this article should help with lots of insight.

http://hothardware.com/reviews/web-browser-performance-comparison

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was cyberfox in windows 4 me but just on firefox now in kubuntu,so ill see what happens.Firefox is pretty zippy here on kubuntu anyway.

I AM A MOZILLIAN TILL DEATH. I KEEP FIRING IT!!

IM TESTING VIVA VIVALDI

• Administrator

I have not benchmarked browsers for a while. Last time I checked, Firefox was not even half the speed of Chrome in some of the benchmarks. Now Firefox scoring near all the browsers is quite a surprise for me.

Wonder if it really needs a new engie or so.

Actually we can't compare between Firefox and others if the engine is different, e.g. Firefox is based-on Gecko and chrome is based-on WebKit , actually when we want to compare two things against each other, must based on the same engine, otherwise, we may get a lot of differences. If you going to say that's not a big deal, I'd say it is. Take all Gecko browsers and compare between them, take all WebKit browsers and compare between them. That's the only way to understand things. <_<

Archived