Windows 10 recommended update

LjubeGVG

I recently installed windows 10. I have a problem with updates. It's clean install and i get only critical updates in windows update. How to get the recommended ones? Eset is telling me that there are driver updates but windows 10 update system doesn't show them. Device manager finds this updates but i have to check ever driver separately? can anybody help. Here screen from eset and windows update at the same time. thanks for your help.

Capture.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
someone there

Open action center > all settings > update and security > Windows update > advanced options .

Tick : give me update for other Microsoft products when I update windows

If you just installed Windows 10 fresh, it may be a few hours or awhile before all of the driver updates begin to show up.. BUT if they are valid for your system and are not older than the drivers already present in your system. So far it has been my experience that most drivers that will work for your system that need to be updated will be.

Windows Update has been removed from the control panel in Windows 10 already... These options and the way windows updates has been changed. Updates bot what you would call recommended and critical will be delivered to your system. This was pointed out well before Windows 10 was released. You will receive updates by importance and security. Depending on how these updates effect your system and security they will show up and be installed accordingly.

There are some options for the behavior of Windows Update in Group Policy if you have Pro edition. .. and yes changes to the options mentioned above will help you receive updates for other products as well including Office.

This is last update need

windows10.0-kb3074678
windows10.0-kb3074686
windows10.0-kb3081449
windows10.0-kb3081452
windows10.0-kb3087040
windows10.0-kb3093266

and when check for update you get some from windows defender 2 updates and definitions

Open action center > all settings > update and security > Windows update > advanced options .

Tick : give me update for other Microsoft products when I update windows

It's on ;(

If you just installed Windows 10 fresh, it may be a few hours or awhile before all of the driver updates begin to show up.. BUT if they are valid for your system and are not older than the drivers already present in your system. So far it has been my experience that most drivers that will work for your system that need to be updated will be.

Windows Update has been removed from the control panel in Windows 10 already... These options and the way windows updates has been changed. Updates bot what you would call recommended and critical will be delivered to your system. This was pointed out well before Windows 10 was released. You will receive updates by importance and security. Depending on how these updates effect your system and security they will show up and be installed accordingly.

There are some options for the behavior of Windows Update in Group Policy if you have Pro edition. .. and yes changes to the options mentioned above will help you receive updates for other products as well including Office.

I have for over a month

Well, you could open your device manager and check for devices with an exclamation point. Make sure you look at the View options and show hidden devices. Some of these you may have to get the hardware id and search for specific drivers BUT some of what is listed for your system are actually drivers for a subsystem for remote management of your system. The others may need to be downloaded separately and are usually a result of specific OEM/manufacturer setups. Usually they can be downloaded from either Intel or from the manufacturers website. These are usually installed when the system is manufactured and updated through their software or manually should problems occur or system issues.

With mine there were two that were needed. and two that were not. I would install what is need in the Device List and the others I would install one at a time to see if they cause issues.. Two of them from the manufacturer actually dulled system performance and my system runs better without them. There were also a few of them that were stated as needed but when I went to install installers said they were not valid for my system. Proper hardware and system specific identification and variables between models may make it harder for Microsoft to properly identify the updates.. ESET may also be listing updates that have been issued and not specific to your hardware or system given those variables mentioned. So pretty much sort of touch and go there. Usually if a device in installed on your system, properly identified in Device Manager.. then usually f an update exists it will show up in the Windows Update section of settings. Unless you want to look for them specifically if your having problems or need to roll back to keep proper system performance.

I found this way usefull.

Good luck!

Archived