need some info on the ranking for the users

this info should be posted in FAq or site rules

what is required to get what ranking and possible benfits

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is required to get what ranking and possible benfits

You benefit by being allowed on the board and obtaining the vast knowledge of the members of the board and your active participation improves the so-called rank, though anyone that has to ask this question is obviously not interested in sharing information only in gaining some obscure ranking but you will always be a noob regardless of what it says under your alias.

I'm more than satisfied to be a member of a great forum which has generous members who share their expertise, advice, and valuable time helping others (like me) who get stuck at a problem that they can quickly solve. One of the "benefits" doctorman, is that you learn what you previously did not know and you are in turn able to pass on this knowledge to others who may have the same problem. This forum is the essence of sharing, not of profiteering. :rolleyes:

benfits

wut? no benefits here! all information is open even 4 lurkers.what u need else?

btw.u hv 2 post 736 informative posts to VIP & 1986-to Veteran so go 4 it & check by yourself ;)

knowledge-Spammer

I'm more than satisfied to be a member of a great forum which has generous members who share their expertise, advice, and valuable time helping others (like me) who get stuck at a problem that they can quickly solve. One of the "benefits" doctorman, is that you learn what you previously did not know and you are in turn able to pass on this knowledge to others who may have the same problem. This forum is the essence of sharing, not of profiteering. :rolleyes:

very well said i think

doctorman,

The highestrank” that can offer you this site is that feeling that whenever you have a problem, someone will be willing to help you fix it.

And you, in return, you'll do the same, if you feel that you belong to this community.

Yea, a lot of posts does not mean that you really know anything, it just means you like to hear yourself talk/post. Been here about 8 yrs but not a lot of posts since I listen mostly an learn and only give advice when I know what I'm talking about. Listen to the ones that really say something when they talk/post and you will learn a lot more.

There's no debate about promoting members here .. Like I said before most people keep posting tell they become VIP and then a Vet and they find out there is no benefit from it . And most become less active after they see there nothing too it. Many even left.

Yea, a lot of posts does not mean that you really know anything, it just means you like to hear yourself talk/post. Been here about 8 yrs but not a lot of posts since I listen mostly an learn and only give advice when I know what I'm talking about. Listen to the ones that really say something when they talk/post and you will learn a lot more.

Let's not jump from an extreme to another! This forum is not facebook, or hi5, or another socialization site where you grab ”like” for the photos with your new car, or new mistress. There is a long way between members who really work for this community and the others who hide them self behind... ”I listen mostly and learn”...

And if they post only because they like to hear them self talk/post... what's the problem? It's you the one who will filter the content of their posts, in useful, or useless. Take it or leave it!

steven36,

If I remember well, when we sign up to nsane forums, nobody promised any benefit if we get VIP or Veteran. We were asked only to respect rules and members of this community, and to share our knowledge (if we have one) with others.

I remember when I signed up . It was a whole different ballgame ..I come here to learn about NOD32 v3 activation .. I was a member here 7 years before becoming a Vip that's how much I cared about becoming one here . ;) Only a few sites you pay a donation too that there's any bonus much . Mostly having a title just means they expect more out of you and its a whole lot more easy to get in trouble . I had over 1000 post at another board by 2007 and left another board and never went back with over 10,000 post in 2011 . And there elites were hand picked . And still there was no benefit from it really. B)

Archived