Windows 10 Beats Windows 7 in Two-Month Adoption Race

Batu69

Stats show Windows 10 is already successful

windows-10-beats-windows-7-in-two-month-

Many claim Windows 10 was a product specifically developed to fix the annoyances in Windows 8 and this is why Microsoft brought back the Start menu and other features, but the number one rival of this new OS is actually Windows 7.

Right now, Windows 7 is the leading operating system on the desktop and pretty much the most successful version released by Microsoft on the PC, so when comparing the performance of Windows 10, everyone's referring to the one launched two generations ago.

Statistics provided by NetMarketShare and put together by Statista indicate that Windows 10 is already performing better than Windows 7, at least in the first two months on the market. If we look at Windows 8, the two can't even compare, as Windows 10 is far ahead and is very close to reaching the best market share of its predecessor in just a few months after launch.

Specifically, Windows 10 is at 6.6 percent after two months of availability, while Windows 7 was only at 5.8 percent after the same period of time following its launch. For comparison sake, Windows 8 reached a market share of 1.7 percent in two months.

Rapid growth for Windows 7

But as you can see for yourselves, Windows 7 actually had a slower debut, but things improved rapidly soon after that, so the operating system increased its market share continuously every single month.

Right now, Windows 7 is said to be powering nearly 50 percent of the world's PC, which is undoubtedly impressive for an operating system launched in 2009, and Windows 10's priority is to do the same thing in the shortest possible time.

This is actually one of the reasons why Microsoft's offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8.1 users, but only time will tell if the new OS can really crush its predecessors thanks to this offer.

Source

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wonder, Win10 is almost pushed into everyones machines, whether you like it or not, they keep offering you this "nag-screen" updates.......

And how many of those copies were paid for and owned by the "customer". I think people will get a shock when they try to reinstall W10 on a new PC then figure out they don't actually own it.

Awesome, who would have thought. A free OS has a marginally higher take-up rate than a paid for one after a mere 2 months. M$ must be so proud.

Let's revisit that graph after all those who wanted the free upgrade have done it, and future growth is mostly from paid for copies of W10. I bet the W10 curve will have flattened out dramatically and the W7 curve will still be going up and be higher.

And how many of those copies were paid for and owned by the "customer". I think people will get a shock when they try to reinstall W10 on a new PC then figure out they don't actually own it.

I reinstalled it...I installed it clean on on the system i upgraded from before..I even deleted the old partitions out . It activated as I soon turned the internet on . The activation is forever tied to you're hardware ID.. :)

Right now as as long as you have and Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 you can install it and it stays actvatced for good .You got tell next summer . You just upgrade then do a clean install. Its the same as a OEM key . If you want to able to transfer it you need to buy a retail key.

Om my new computer I'm just leaving it windows 8.1 for now I dont wamt to mess it up puting Win 10 on it. :lol:

Ill use my Dual boot O/S box im on now with Windows 10 on one hard-drive and Linux mint on the other. For these O/S.

Right now, Windows 7 is said to be powering nearly 50 percent of the world's PC, which is undoubtedly impressive for an operating system launched in 2009, and Windows 10's priority is to do the same thing in the shortest possible time.

This is actually one of the reasons why Microsoft's offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8.1 users, but only time will tell if the new OS can really crush its predecessors thanks to this offer.

Windows 7 will never get off it's place as most successful OS M$ produced, not even in 5 years, seeing the latest development of intrusion. Except media's start to fake the numbers. Giving it away for free doesn't change anything. Just because something is free doesn't mean it will be used, Windows 7 is free too.

Archived