Surface Book by Micro$oft

gipsy

cefd92f8-bf19-43ae-b0c3-7a4fd9f53bf5.jpg
seems guys from Micro$oft started new round in fight against Apple & represented new laptop's generation named Surface Books.

tech specs here

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/devices/surface-book#techspec-block

though Apple no need to worry about imo coz preorder price startin' from 1499 $ US for youngest model.

personally waitin' for notebook by Xiaomi next spring,should hv pretty good hardware inside for approx 500 bucks (accordin' to rumors)

• Replies 1
  • Views 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price seems a little steep.. especially when you consider that this thing is basically a surface with a base that enables it to act like a laptop...even the lowest model surface starts at $799.. then $1499 for this I think is a little much unless there is more to it than that.

Surface Detached completely and turned around on this base or keyboard.. is the reason I am saying that.. So I am wondering what other aspects the Book has to offer.. expansion, extended battery, and built-in storage.. what?

I think MS could really do more in the market if they were able to offer a lower priced model with current technologies using 32, and 64 Bit Processors.. and better RAM.. in the Surface as well as the other counterparts.

Right now though I think the price of SSD's could be part of the reason..

With that being said.. the price range for some of these laptop/books like DELL and a few others have to offer for $1500.00 and up.. one of the reasons I would never purchase one of them.. For the options available you only get an SSD.. and very small difference in RAM and Processing.. ( unless there is mention of aspects of the motherboard which step up to improve performance and power )

The price ranges stay in the same place for quite awhile... I am not seeing eight core put in these things either.. or rather like it used to be in older years.. improvements to processor numbers and cores which upgraded the systems quite a bit.. The boards have gotten smaller and so have the processors.. devices ruled the floor and affected the development for awhile. but where are the products that drive people to REALLY upgrade.. and spend that sort of money.

Of course if I was sitting on a pie of cash I wouldn't be saying that either..LOL

Archived