Google Chrome Canary Crashes on Windows 10 with “Aw, Snap!” Error, Fix Already Planned

Batu69

A patch will come with the next build, Google says

If you're on Windows 10 and running Google Chrome Canary, which is the super early version of the browser, you might have noticed that the latest update causes some sort of problem that crashes the app completely and lets you stare at a window reading “Aw, Snap!.”

In case you're wondering what is happening with your browser, it's all because of a recent update that Google made to the Canary build (which by the way shouldn't be installed by regular users, but only by developers or those with more computer knowledge who want to hunt bugs and report them to Google in order to fix them before the stable release).

The issue seems to be encountered only on Windows 10 and bug reports posted by users confirm this.

“I changed my settings to "open where I left off" after closing and reopening the browser (it was previously set to open a blank tab). Now any web page gives me the "Aw Snap, Something went wrong" message. I can't change it back because even chrome:/help or chrome://settings, brings up this message,” one user explains.

“I can't get the version number because I get the Aw Snap page everywhere in the settings. I downloaded the latest version as of 10/7/15. My other browsers get to the internet fine.”

A fix is already on its way

Fortunately, the Google Chrome development team has already developed a fix and the next Canary build should bring it, so make sure you install the update as soon as it's released to continue using the app on Windows 10.

In the meantime, all the other versions of the app should work fine on Windows, so go ahead and download Google Chrome until the aforementioned patch arrives. Alternatively, you can also use the default Edge browser as you wait for the fix.

Source

• Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived