Trolling & baiting: user feedback

shought

It has come to my attention that there is an increase of arguments between members of our forum. Hence I decided to turn this forum around for just once and give you, our users, some feedback from us.

I'd like to ask all of you, but especially our senior members (ViPs, Veterans and the like), to consider that you are part of an international, multi-cultural community with members capable of understanding English at various levels, from native speakers to beginners.

When I ask you to consider this, I don't mean 'think about it once and then forget about it', but rather 'consider it whenever you are making a post on this forum, or any other community for that matter'.

Some of these arguments I mentioned above arise from misunderstandings whereas others are simply the result of someone being an asshole to someone else. As such I would appreciate it when each and every one of you tries to keep the 'asshole'-level on this community to a minimum.

In fact, I think I'm going to implement an 'asshole'-meter and if it goes off I will personally increase the warning level of the member responsible. Consider this as a friendly heads up to everyone ;)

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should you run into someone who triggers your personal 'asshole'-meter, please let me know. (Include a link to the topic/post/message/shout in question.)

Also be noted that I consider 'baiting' to be the ultimate level of being an asshole.

• Lite unpinned this topic

Archived