GOT MY CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT YESTERDAY...

humble3d

GOT MY CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT YESTERDAY...

So, in the afternoon, I went over to the local Pro Shop to get a small 9mm handgun for home/personal protection.

When I was ready to pay for the pistol and ammo, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed. When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader!!!

As an intelligent senior citizen, I do not get flustered often. But this time, it took me a while to get my pants back on. I've been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.

They need to make their instructions to seniors a little more clear.

I still don't think I looked that bad. :s :lol:

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ballistic Gelatin

First, congratulations on obtaining your CC permit.

Second, for the sake of dignity, pay in cash next time. ;)

stylemessiah

Dont take this personally, id write this about anyone who's American and got one...

Australia...our gun control is what you need, it would stop the rest of the world watching a massacre every 3 months and wondering why you still dont get it.....

Dont take this personally, id write this about anyone who's American and got one...

Australia...our gun control is what you need, it would stop the rest of the world watching a massacre every 3 months and wondering why you still dont get it.....

Gun control you say?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/02/at-least-2-dead-outside-police-building-in-australia-reports-say/

stylemessiah

Gun control you say?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/02/at-least-2-dead-outside-police-building-in-australia-reports-say/

Yep, i still say it. That event was SO shocking because its SO rare

Not like your nutty every other week events in the US

Seriously, you as a nation need to get a clue

p.s. The kid had such an older revolver it wasnt funny, not like in America where your nutjobs have asault rifles

Still want to post event links to a stupendously rare event, carried out with an ancient single action revolver?

p.p.s. Im former military, i hate to tell you this, and it will probably upset some of you gun crazies, but the last round i ever fired was the day i left the military, 26 years ago.

Theres a place for guns, and its not in general society....

Ballistic Gelatin

Yeah, absolutely. Tell that to the beleaguered citizens of Chicago, which has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the U.S. and one of the highest homicide rates in the country.

Gun control doesn't do :shit: for protecting U.S. citizens.

What we really need is greatly improved mental health care and a citizenry that is more observant about erratic, questionable and threatening behavior. Even with those, these incidents cannot be completely prevented. Anywhere, including Australia.

Nothing personal, but we do 'get it.' Aussie-style or U.K.-style gun control will never come to the U.S. Our Constitution ensures that.

The country with the most assault rifles/household is Switzerland.

Which is also one of the countries with the lowest murder rate by gun.

That must mean something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

What annoys me is that all these discussions end up being right vs left wing.

Which side rules has NOTHING to do with gun policy. Compare Russian laws (up to 10 guns per citizen) to many right wing countries that do not allow citizens to own guns at all. And of course, vice versa.

Here in Brazil laws are so restrictive I buy most of my guns from the local cops. No questions asked and money back warranty.

;)

Archived