Windows 10 Will Not Boot

Knightmare

I was having issues with my start menu not opening. At first, I had StartisBack installed. For some reason, I could open the start menu with SIB installed, but the menu was blank. So I uninstalled SIB with Revo, rebooted, and when the system came back up, the start button wouldn't do anything. So I decided to do a system restore. I started the restore before I went to bed and when I woke up the next day, the computer was still telling me that it was preparing to do the system restore. So I did a hard shutdown and when I pressed the power button to turn on the machine, Windows 10 goes into an automatic repair, then I get the black screen with my cursor. So I decided to go back to Windows 7 using a disc that I created. I booted from the disc, clicked install now, but I can't get passed the screen that says it's setting up files.

My issue is I don't know what could possibly be corrupted so badly to cause this.

• Replies 37
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • So far, Windows 10 does not automatically improve nothing
  • You are likely to face to re-installation

(the only option, if you have preserved some very old restore points, but I did not faith in this - restore points give very rarely any help, because they either do not exist or they are not able to restore anything, because something is also damaged or missing or .. etc)

• The most likely - registry is severely damaged.

Have you formatted C: drive proir to install Win 7? OS installation Disc is original or modified?

By the way, you may try the below:

1. Format C: drive (with 3rdparty tool or from windows install disc)

2. Possible, your disc was not written perfectly. Many a times, optimized ISO show such errors. Re-create the disc with better tools

3. If above not working, try making an boot USB drive from the OS install disk. Install from that media

4.There should no problem with installation unless any hardware problem is present (HDD connector issue, RAM issue etc)

And always avoid using Uninstallation Application / Registry Cleaners and Optimizers / etc $hit optimizers. These introduce more problems than to actually do something good to enduser.

Use your installation BootDVD / BootUSB to perform a offline Check Disk in DoS (example of C:\ Drive parameters, cited below):—

ChkDsk C: /f /r

I have seen this happen with upgraded installations from Windows 7 to 10.. ( the main cause happened to be corrupted registry stemming from trying to rip out MacAfee.. ) along with about five different people screwing around with the system.

My Advise would be to grab a Hirens 10 Boot Disk... Boot up... see you can grab anything you want to keep and put it on external or USB.. then Use a Windows 10 install disk.. and reinstall fresh without upgrade..

BUT.. what worries me at this point is that your system seems to be hung up.. if not you may want to try to wait a while to see especially if your hardware numbers are lower..

If inserting a Windows 10 install disk and installing does not work I woud be looking at your HD and Hardware..

Use your installation BootDVD / BootUSB to perform a offline Check Disk in DoS (example of C:\ Drive parameters, cited below):—

you are the go to guy for issues ...i have a question... is crapcleaner a good idea for cleaning the registry...or do even need to worry about doing that...i have a clean install of windows 10(as of last night)

@dMog:

I know this sounds a little pessimistic BUT.. ( and off-topic )

Until some of these software developers get a handle on Windows 10, I would definitely stay away from registry cleaners and defraggers for the time being..

So far ( even with Windows 8 ) I have noticed that with three of them that I have used.. after cleaning and compacting the registry.. There are several issues with the systems.. and I am one who used to use the crap out of them because I have so many files coming and moving about.. which leaves entries and links to files behind.. and it used to improve Windows 7 Performance.. I stood behind them when everybody else did not...

I have had app issues.. NET Framework issues and other problems associated with cleaning the registry.. My best advise is to clean the registry of remnants of infections or 'getting punked ' manually when detected with a scanner such as Hitman Pro or something.. but unfortunately not as a cleaner.. I hope they get them under control quickly. I seems the more I use a Windows 10/8 system.. the more that I come to realize how noobish some articles online are.. and the fact that many do not have their programs up to par yet... While some may be under the impression that internal parts of Windows has not changed it has indeed.. including areas which are detected to be cleaned which need to be in pace for proper operation.. Watch your uninstallers as well.. some do not operate as they should..

Just MHO.. and advise.. :P

EDIT: Best case it is simple and you can live with it until it causes an error... Worst case your system because blobby and you have fix it by reinstalling your OS and everything else as well....

perlinpinpin

its StartisBack remove it never use StartisBack

On W8.1, StartisBack is perfectly working. Why don't use in W10 ?

knowledge-Spammer

i not trust this program and used it one time and will never use it again as it make my pc bluescreen when tested on windows 8 and 8.1 never use it again

https://muut.com/i/startisback/general:warning-windows-update-bre

read https://muut.com/startisback#!/general#warning-windows-update-bre

i not trust this program and used it one time and will never use it again as it make my pc bluescreen when tested on windows 8 and 8.1 never use it again

https://muut.com/i/startisback/general:warning-windows-update-bre

read https://muut.com/startisback#!/general#warning-windows-update-bre

your not the only one, i didn't have the blue screen but i did face a Black screen on start-up just before it loaded the desktop, and just hung until startisback was removed never used it again.

you are the go to guy for issues ...i have a question... is crapcleaner a good idea for cleaning the registry...or do even need to worry about doing that...i have a clean install of windows 10(as of last night)

While the primary module of CCleaner is the very best for cleaning general crap — its secondary module, the one which cleans the registry is a very mild (non-aggresive) component unlike a standalone registry cleaner such as jv16PowerTools (from Macecraft Software.)

Unless one is using the capricious Vista, the registry cleaning module on CCleaner won't cause any harm since it has been coded to clean merely surface registry entries. :)

Windows 10, for all practical purposes, is beta software. They are changing so much in it every day the developers can't keep up with the under the hood changes. Since they aren't notifying users of updates and silently installing them most people don't even know what is happening to their systems so it is no surprise that software quits working. My philosophy is if you are running beta software you get everything you deserve.

@perlinpinpin

You wrote:

Answer:

You should remove/uninstall startisback (plus) before moving to win 10 because there is another release of Startisback (plus plus) for Win 10.

Ballistic Gelatin

While the primary module of CCleaner is the very best for cleaning general crap — its secondary module, the one which cleans the registry is a very mild (non-aggresive) component unlike a standalone registry cleaner such as jv16PowerTools (from Macecraft Software.)

Unless one is using the capricious Vista, the registry cleaning module on CCleaner won't cause any harm since it has been coded to clean merely surface registry entries. :)

FWIW, I have been using jv16 PowerTools since its inception and only recently became a convert to CCleaner.

It's just common sense to exercise caution with any utility. With jv16 (version 2014, not v4.0), I began noticing that Business Contact Manager 2010 for Outlook was disappearing, ostensibly after running either CCleaner and/or jv16 PT. It turned out that one or both was removing some SQL Server and Microsoft Chart Controls registry and file entries. After placing those items in the Global Ignore and Exceptions lists of both programs, the issue was resolved.

If I had to recommend one, it would be CCleaner for its non-aggressive registry cleansing as dcs18 has noted.

SIB++ works FINE in Windows 10. @Knowledge-why should I not use it? I WILL continue to use it because I LIKE it.

What's a good third party tool to format a partition from a usb?

Try first with your Windows Installation Disk. From "Advance Installation", you can do that.

But if it's too difficult for you, download AOMEI Partition Assistant free. Install & make a bootdisk:

http://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html

r2e22y2.png

PS. The topic suddenly converted to SIB discussion & troubleshooting thing. :P

What's a good third party tool to format a partition from a usb?

Try first with your Windows Installation Disk. From "Advance Installation", you can do that.

But if it's too difficult for you, download AOMEI Partition Assistant free. Install & make a bootdisk:

http://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html

r2e22y2.png

PS. The topic suddenly converted to SIB discussion & troubleshooting thing. :P

I'm creating another install disc right now.

pretty certain my issues started on windows 10 with installing start is back in the latest fast ring...after installing start is back the program just did not open or run and my native win 10 start orb was frozen almost all the time and did not function normal when it did work

Archived