22 Free Product Key Finder Programs

Batu69

If you're preparing to reinstall a program or an operating system (like a clean install of Windows), you'll need to find your unique product key (CD key) or serial number before continuing.

Normally this product key is located with the original install disc, or maybe in your order confirmation email. If you've lost your product key you can often find it in the Windows Registry but this can be difficult, or sometimes even impossible, to do. Luckily, there are many free key finder programs available to help.

Important: Please read Key Finder Programs FAQ for lots of helpful information. This isn't an easy topic, especially if you're new to it.

Below are the top 22 free key finder programs. also keep a list of commercial key finder programs but highly recommend that you exhaust the options below before paying for one.

A List of the Best Free Product Key Finder Software Programs

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-: 22 Free Product Key Finder Programs :-

1. Belarc Advisor
2. Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
3. Winkeyfinder
4. LicenseCrawler
5. Keyfinder Thing
6. Product Key Finder
7. ProduKey
8. Windows Product Key Finder Pro
9. WinGuggle
10. SIW
11. RockXP
12. SterJo Key Finder
13. Product Key Finder (OTT Solutions)
14. MSKeyViewer Plus
15. Free PC Audit
16. Windows Product Key Viewer
17. Lazesoft Windows Key Finder
18. geProductKeys Finder
19. Product Key Informer
20. Windows Product Key Finder
21. Game Key Revealer
22. Abelssoft's MyKeyFinder

[ source: pcsupport.about.com/od/productkeysactivation/tp/topkeyfinder.htm ]

It is true that these gadgets are available, but most of them do not work as early as birth.

This does not mean that at all does not work - they show something, but rarely show correct numbers.

Especially the ones that should show Microsoft product activation keys.

The reason is simple - there are different methods for activation and activation keys are stored in different ways and in different places.

Example: I bought a computer with Windows 7 OEM - was installed, then Windows 8 Retail , Windows 8.1 Retail, and now Windows 10 Retail. All different activation keys.
So now I have at least two different keys installed, but all these widgets can find only one, and of course, they give the wrong serial.

The best tool is the one that really find the volume key used for install the given produkt. I guess none can do that for now...

You could talk about this subject all day, fact of the matter is that Keyfinders help people with generic installs. If your not happy with someome else's work... just code your own.

You could talk about this subject all day, fact of the matter is that Keyfinders help people with generic installs. If your not happy with someome else's work... just code your own.

who was this pointed to? if me just noticed that I did not complain any peoples work, and I have been here long enough to answer back..

By the way dont attack people this way, be polite and speak nice and be helpful.

If you're preparing to reinstall a program or an operating system (like a clean install of Windows), you'll need to find your unique product key (CD key) or serial number before continuing.

Normally this product key is located with the original install disc, or maybe in your order confirmation email. If you've lost your product key you can often find it in the Windows Registry but this can be difficult, or sometimes even impossible, to do. Luckily, there are many free key finder programs available to help.

Important: Please read Key Finder Programs FAQ for lots of helpful information. This isn't an easy topic, especially if you're new to it.

Below are the top 22 free key finder programs. also keep a list of commercial key finder programs but highly recommend that you exhaust the options below before paying for one.

A List of the Best Free Product Key Finder Software Programs

I'm fond of recALL

http://keit.co/p/recall

It even found the social security numbers of the NSA agents browsing my pR0n

;)

Archived