Microsoft ends support for Java Virtual Machine

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

The licensing agreement between Microsoft and Sun for Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine ended on the 30th of June, 2009, prompting the removal of patches

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well I have heard about it and have seen it in access and defaults but I don't really know what is Java Virtual Machine.

Peace_Angel
Well I have heard about it and have seen it in access and defaults but I don't really know what is Java Virtual Machine.

You need JVM to run java program on your PC because the Java compiler doesn't produce a real executable but a bytecode version of your program. Think of the JVM as an an interpreter that interpretes the java bytecode much like an old browser interpretes HTML in a page to render the page.

JVM is similar to the .NET Framework CLR. Program compiled for .NET do not run on a computer that doesn't have the framework installed because the EXE produced by the Compiler is basically MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language) - like java bytecode in a way - that only the framework can understand.

The simple answer is that for you to have a java program running, you have to have Java Virtual Machine installed on your PC.

JRE (Java Runtime Environment) contains the JVM.

Peace.

• Administrator

OK. I don't really think it will have(the news) any impact on Microsoft Windows users. Java will update the same way. People will use it the same way. For normal use for flash player etc.

Archived