[Login] Connecting to login server 188.125.80.138... [PASSED]
[Login] FAILED
*** 'COMPONENT_TYPE_WININET' value: '12157' ***

any solution ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try open connection preference > choose connect via a proxy server - If it's working then it's ISP problem it happen sometimes with TeData and Sometime with Link

Yahoo switching everything over to secure connections ... maybe xp cant handle it.

Setting its exe to run as administrator is required here in win10 for it to connect.

WOW... I literally have not seen the words Yahoo Messenger in a number of years.. Did you double check your account sign in by trying it through the browser? They have a different method of logging in to the site now with an extra step in verification.. particularly if you have not signed in in a while.

I do know that Yahoo killed off Chat Rooms and such a long time ago.. and from what I remember with Yahoo Messenger.. Iad to be constantly updated to keep running... for much of the same reason...

If n fact and seems like I remember the same thing as mentioned above.. ( about it no longer being supported ) I would see if you can setup Miranda IM and connect to the service. If not then I would say that it would be something to abandon.

I am also going to say that if I were you.. ( only a suggestion ) I would look into upgrading your OS as well. XP, while being a loved system or OS by many still, isn't being supported by most developers ( alot of stuff is still backwards compatable ) this meaning software, drivers and so on.. I would consider atleast upgrading to Windows 7 or something if your computer can handle it ( which is most likely being I can run it on a system with 480 MB of RAM and a 1.7 GHz AMD Athlon single core ). The core is more efficient anyway in many cases..

It will allow you use more recently developed programs and current drivers as well as a little better security.. updates and current version of IE as well which is more secure than some older versions... Just IMO all around a better choice... ( skip Vista.. and if it has good hardware and meets the minimum requirements think about Windows 10 with some optimizations maybe even stripping it down to the basics.. Should run great.. )

Yahoo Mess was always just that to me.. a huge Mess.. LOL...why I moved to Miranda IM long before all of Vista and everything took place..

Working fine here, with Pidgin messenger under XP SP3

I think that code is a certificate error, probably due to an old version of Internet Explorer

Archived