Welcome to nsane.forums

Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

BALTAGY

Visual C++ Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005-2017 v2.0

73 posts in this topic

Very Nice pack, i used to use the pack from http://mcripblog.cesidian.info/, i'm glad you updated it to latest version with your own release B)

4 people liked / thanked this

Very Nice pack, i used to use the pack from http://mcripblog.cesidian.info/, i'm glad you updated it to latest version with your own release B)

I only need some more info to make it full if i have to

Is all Redistributable that come with programs have links on Microsoft site or it depends on each program needs ? i only want to include the important so i don't let the user install too many of them and he will not use them at the end

Edited by BALTAGY

I only need some more info to make it full if i have too

Is all Redistributable that come with programs have links on Microsoft site or it depends on each program needs ? i only want to include the important so i don't let the user install too many of them and he will not use them at the end

yes, an option for installation is good, it becomes bloat when you have to install all of them, but it's not a big deal for noobs, they will install it all of them lol.

Edited by software182
1 person liked / thanked this

I only need some more info to make it full if i have too

yes, an option for installation is good, it becomes bloat when you have to install all of them, but it's not a big deal for noobs, they will install it all of them lol.

idk how to make option to choose i think it will need to be made with Inno Setup or something Similar but at least i want to include what Microsoft provided only, and other versions can be installed with each program if needed

Edited by BALTAGY

I get the latest Visual C++ redist packages from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

it seems it needs an update (edit: that page needs the 2015 links too since it's not in beta anymore)...

Edited by jbleck
2 people liked / thanked this

BALTAGY I have many versions and I don't know if its ok to remove older ones, I attached a picture if you could help on what should I do.

Will there be any problems if I remove all of my installed VCs and then install your package?

Spoiler

Capture.jpg

Edited by vlefteriss

I get the latest Visual C++ redist packages from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

it seems it needs an update...

This page have newer versions, ty i will work on it now

BALTAGY I have many versions and I don't know if its ok to remove older ones, I attached a picture if you could help on what should I do.

Will there be any problems if I remove all of my installed VCs and then install your package?

Capture.jpg

As i know you should not delete any version of them, each program install what it need if you remove any version some programs may don't work perfect

Capture.jpg

that'a a long list :blink:

u shouldn't have problems if u use only the latest version... but please reply here if u do encounter any in case u chose to clean the old ones.

Edited by jbleck

Who make this list is programs you install, i will not include all this list lol, i only included what Microsoft provided and other will install with the application you use

And i read alot even in Microsoft say's you should not remove any of them or it may break some programs

I have a long list also, but mostly from games lol

I updated the Silent and uploading it now :)

Edited by BALTAGY

First post updated

- Added Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable v8.0.61001

- Added Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) v8.0.61000

- Added Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 v9.0.30729.6161

- Added Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 v9.0.30729.6161

- Silent now is version 1.1

6 people liked / thanked this

@BALTAGY

Will it automatically bypass the ones i have installed already ?

@BALTAGY

If the same version installed it will bypass it

@BALTAGY

i'm not BALTAGY but...
  • if u have the same version installed then it'll reinstall/overwrite the previous install
  • if u have an older version of the Visual C Redistributable 20** installed then the latest version in this package will be installed but your older version will remain (it'll be a separate installed app)
  • if u install this package on a fresh windows install then u won't need older versions (when u'll install your game/software that has the visual c redist package embeded, then your game will check if u have the visual c redist 20** on you system and will skip the old version install... if coded properly)

edit: i might be wrong... read the next post :)

Edited by jbleck

@BALTAGY

i'm not BALTAGY but...
  • if u have the same version installed then it'll reinstall/overwrite the previous install
  • if u have an older version of the Visual C Redistributable 20** installed then the latest version in this package will be installed but your older version will remain (it'll be a separate installed app)
  • if u install this package on a fresh windows install then u won't need older versions (when u'll install your game/software that has the visual c redist package embeded, then your game will check if u have the visual c redist 20** on you system and will skip the old version install... if coded properly)

- I just tested it again and it didn't reinstall, it bypass it if same version

- From what i know about Visual C++ Redistributable it's not like .Net Framework newer versions contain older versions, if the program or game have another versions it will install it, that's why you will see you have alot of them installed like this

Snap1.png

@BALTAGY

Thanks for your tools and your blog.

I was thinking vcredists always bypass if they detect the same version or newer already installed.

It would be nice if there was just one vcredist so you didn't need to install loads of different versions.

The installer by BALTAGY is the closest thing so it's very useful .

Thanks BALTAGY ;)

Edited by thunderpants

First post updated

- Updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 to v14.0.23506

- Silent now is version 1.2

5 people liked / thanked this

Perfect. I run this before running Simplix on a new machine.

First post updated

- Updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) v14.0.23918
- Updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) v14.0.23918

- Silent now is version 1.3

4 people liked / thanked this

17 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

First post updated

- Updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) v14.0.23918
- Updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) v14.0.23918

- Silent now is version 1.3

Your search - www.mirrorcreator.com /files/A34CLEQE/Microsoft_Visual_C___Pack_v1.3_Silent.zip_links - did not match any documents. :blink:

#J.D

Remove the space between m and /

13 minutes ago, MKVlover said:

#J.D

Remove the space between m and /

Thanks, I dunno how I missed that :D