Microsoft Makes Windows 10’s Snapping Features Work More like Windows 8’s

Batu69

Build 10547 comes with a new option to enhance snapping

Windows 10 comes with part of Windows 7’s original Aero Snap features, but thanks to the Insider preview program, the company can experiment with new options that would improve them even more and that’s exactly what’s happening right now in build 10547.

Microsoft looked back at Windows 8 to find new ways to improve snapping in Windows 10, so the new build comes with an option that automatically resizes one window to fit the screen as you manually drag another.

Basically, this feature comes in handy on touch-capable devices, where you might work with two apps side by side and resizing one of the windows should automatically resize the other too. This functionality was first introduced in Windows 8’s Metro mode and is now available to Windows insiders too.

How to enable it

In order to enable it in build 10547, users need to go to the following setting:

Settings > System > Multitasking — “When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window”

This feature works with all apps running on your system, so you can use it with both universal apps or Win32 software, which is pretty helpful given the fact that all now run on your desktop and in window mode.

There’s no ETA for a possible debut in the stable build of Windows 10, but given the fact that users really seem to enjoy it, expect the feature to make its public appearance in the next couple of months. The first significant update for Windows 10 is projected to go live in late October or early November and that seems to be the perfect moment for introducing new snapping options, too.

For the moment, if you really want to give it a try, you can download Windows 10 build 10547 and join the Windows insider program to help Microsoft improve it.

Source

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems they want never add full windows 10 Aero Glass functionality to legacy apps. I read somewhere there going to leave it up to developers therefore you need 3rd party Aero Glass to make it look super cool because some software has not had a GUI change since I rode my dinosaur :P

Archived