Microsoft KB3083324... Should you install it?!

WALLONN7

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I check it with WHDownloader is KB3083324 clasiffied under Category "Windows10", which probably means you only needed if you would like upgrade to s**t win 10 :rolleyes:

I don't trust Microsoft's updates any more so I turned them off on all my systems a month ago. Really don't need them if you lock your system down and don't do stupid things. And if you are going to do stupid things use a VM to do them so you can delete it afterwards. Simply saying the update is an update to the windows update client is not sufficient since it could be creating an invisible pipe to download anything or do anything Microsoft wants to do with YOUR system. Paranoid, not really, just not going to hang it out there for someone to chop off.

Not to argue with you about the mistrust in M$, but you trusted them when installing the OS but you do not trust the with the updates??!

Do you realize the security risks you are taking by doing so, specially when it comes to zero-day threats? IMHO installing the OS and then refusing the updates based on your arguments makes no sense, and I strongly advise against it. As long as your PC is connected to the internet, you are faced with serious security risks regardless of doing or not doing stupid things!

• Administrator

One should atleast download the security updates.

Archived