blazeblaze456

blazeblaze456

I have upgraded from windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and then from windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise. But I am facing several issues:

1)Whenever I check for any updates in settings, 3 updates are shown available. But, the updates progress bar gets stuck at 0% only and no update gets downloaded.

2) I tried to sign in with MS Account but after clicking on "Sign in with MS account" , a grey coloured window opens for few seconds and crashes immediately.

3)When I enter into Settings->Update & Security->Advanced Options, and clicked on "Get Insider Builds" then clicked on "Sign in with MS account", then also grey coloured window opens for few seconds and crashes immediately.

4)Edge browser keeps on crashing whenever I try to open it.

I checked with SFC/ Scannow, but its showed the msg "Windows didn't find any integrity violations".

But for "windows update" problem I used the "Windows Update Troubleshooting tool"

It showed the following msg:

"Service registration is missing or corrupt"

Service Status

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

How to resolve the above issues? Please help me in this matter.

Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@blazeblaze456 :-- Return to Windows 7 and forget Windows 10 . Try again when you hear SP1 is being automatically installed

from Microshit Windows Updates. Probably you need to wait 7, 8 months...

Don`t loose your time with this " thing ". Microsoft is going to win millions thanks to people like us .

Are you a guinea pig ? Of course not.

...and forget also those who are saying "It works well for me " , because that, for sure is not true...|

Cheers

Jofre

@blazeblaze456 :-- Return to Windows 7 and forget Windows 10 . Try again when you hear SP1 is being automatically installed

from Microshit Windows Updates. Probably you need to wait 7, 8 months...

Don`t loose your time with this " thing ". Microsoft is going to win millions thanks to people like us .

Are you a guinea pig ? Of course not.

...and forget also those who are saying "It works well for me " , because that, for sure is not true...|

Cheers

Jofre

What a load of bullshit, I and a lot more users have Windows 10 installed and it works fine!

@ OP Just clean install an untouched version of Windows 10, no pre-activated shit

Windows 10 does not work in no way worse than any previous version.
True, before these last two cumulative update, was not ruled out the blue screen.
I also got it couple times. However Edge is....
Of course, the Edge is the sh.., it is mildly said, to express more seriously, do not have words ...

What a load of bullshit, I and a lot more users have Windows 10 installed and it works fine!

Speaking of bullshit, check what you write. Users run windows 7/8.1, idiots run windows 10.

blaze, Open Command Prompt, as Admin then copy/paste without quotes "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" and then Hit ENTER

After that finishes, type...

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Hit ENTER

Reboot & retry Windows Update and check the other issues you are having.

blazeblaze456

blaze, Open Command Prompt, as Admin then copy/paste without quotes "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" and then Hit ENTER

Hit ENTER

I tried the above things in cmd , it showed the msg that "The Component Store Corruption Detected", but even after that , 3 latest updates are not downloaded, edge browser is also crashing. Even SFC/ Scannow did not find integrity violations.

So, I want to know that is it possible to switch back from win 10 enterprise to win 10 Pro ? How to downgrade? I want to know this as I have bootable Win 10 Pro USB so that I can try repair option from the bootable USB. Currently my machine is running on win 10 Enterprise.

Hit ENTER

Someone with a clue instead of immature attitude. Follow the next error you get. That's what learning is all about.

Hit ENTER

I tried the above things in cmd , it showed the msg that "The Component Store Corruption Detected", but even after that , 3 latest updates are not downloaded, edge browser is also crashing. Even SFC/ Scannow did not find integrity violations.

So, I want to know that is it possible to switch back from win 10 enterprise to win 10 Pro ? How to downgrade? I want to know this as I have bootable Win 10 Pro USB so that I can try repair option from the bootable USB. Currently my machine is running on win 10 Enterprise.

To answer your question... The answer to this is NO.. There is no way to change this.. I looked into it extensively as I thought that in Windows 10 there had been a fix for having programs and files in place when upgrading ( which has never happened because of extensive issues and variations in system configurations, changes - BUT I can dream ).. I found out later that that was not the case in upgrading to Windows 10.. as I was on Windows 8 Enterprise. and wanted to downgrade to something less to just try the upgrade..

I did however manage to shrink my volume... and install a Fresh Windows 10 Pro... in the remaining space on my HD which was about 500 GB .. and now I have a dual boot option.. easy to swap over and even easier to get rid of the old installation and Expand the volume when done.. to get rid of the old.

I have had the above happen to me.. I am not for sure what caused it.. AND I remember it happening in Windows 8 Enterprise a well.. You do have to be careful with documentation and system edits.. as well as a few of those files...

I would suggest doing what I did above for installing Windows 10.. even if you do two Windows 10 installations when your done.. You can switch which one you want to boot from easily.. BUT you need to start installations with the oldest version of Windows first .. then its successors... ( version of OSes do not apply to this method.. - unless you so choose ).. Then grabbing all of your stuff rom the broken install if you have any and dropping it into the new one.. and moving on.. Everything fixed and no junk or BS.. with extra space.. HOWEVER.. do not forget your stuff in the old .. Windows.old folder.. :P in your root drive..

blazeblaze456

Thanks all for your most valuable suggestions. My issue has now been solved. I have reset my PC using the windows 10 Pro bootable USB , now all the issues are gone. Edge browser is running smoothly, updates are properly being downloaded and installed, I have also signed into MS account on my PC. So, now everything is just working fine.

Me too I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, is my first time I use an MS OS in Enterprise version. I don't if it's worthy to stick on or Shift for Win 10 Pro I don't know what differences they've in common.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
shellexecutor

Me too I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, is my first time I use an MS OS in Enterprise version. I don't if it's worthy to stick on or Shift for Win 10 Pro I don't know what differences they've in common.

Thanks in advance.

There are several differences. See here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/Compare. Most of them doesn't really affects the life of an ordinary user.

I have proplem: "intel hd graphics and media control panel stopped responding and recovered" only on windows 10 build 10586

how to fix it?

Archived