Vidalia, Tor question

HX1

I know that official support for using Tor w/Vidalia officially stopped several years ago.. but I am wondering if there still exists any version of software which still offers the same setup.

In my personal achive I still have versions of The Vidalia Bundle which I can install and use BUT I rmember there being a few caveats in using them. I have I think three versions.. but I am not for sure without diggin which versions I have..

I also found Tor by itself on the site but I am quite unfamiliar with setting up Tor as a Proxy by itself.. I do have my old config files somewhere but have questions..

I do not use this all of the time.. but like it as an option when it is needed.. for browsing and forcing my system to use it for all connections. There are other steps in preparing to use it.. Like sealing up holes.. but thought I would see about some input beforehand.

AND if ths topic is duplicated I am sorry but Tor is a three letter word.. :P not searchable..

• Replies 3
  • Views 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it installs vidalia as a seperate program.. with tor? .. and I do not have to use the browser itself but can proxy through it?

There is no way to enforce system to use Tor connection in a secure way (without some kind of isolation).

Safe way to ensure all traffic is passing trough Tor is to use router/machine with tor proxy as middlebox between internet and computer. Example.

Easy way is to buy Anonabox.

Archived