Lottery winners don't get it~ get Nothing

humble3d

Lottery winners don't get it ~ get Nothing
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) -- Big-time Illinois Lottery winners aren't getting the largesse. They're getting left out.
Without a state budget agreement two months into the new fiscal year, there's no authority for the state comptroller to cut checks over $25,000. That means smaller winnings can be paid out, but not the larger lottery wins.
Susan Rick, who lives in Oglesby, Illinois, planned home fix-ups and a visit to her daughter after her boyfriend won $250,000 last month. But they were told to wait.
Rick tells the Chicago Tribune ( http://trib.in/1JBG89O) that if the situation were reversed, the state would "come take it, and they don't care whether we have a roof over our head."
Lottery spokesman Steve Rossi says state lottery, like every other state agency, is "affected by the budget situation."
Information from: Chicago Tribune,

• Replies 6
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So essentially they are running an illegal operation as they cant pay out winnings

illegal indeed...

Economies are busted, won't recover. All part of Agenda 21 I'm afraid.

SO.. My question here would be inappropriation of funds.. If a lottery is run and winnings are acrued from the payment of said sale on tickets and entries.. Then what are they doing with the money and why is there not a statement about how this is breaking a law.. ( the part where they cannot cut a check for more than $25,000... ) and if so then I would say they cut a whole bunch of $25,000 checks to cover the winnings.

It would sound like to me that in fact something else would be going on here... Not making an honest effort to pay these winners what they are due seems to be the worse picture painted of them all IMO..

Can a stipulation set forth break a law and be lawful? NO.. Would I (you) contact the necessary authorities to launch an investigation into the government infrastructure involved and the individuals behind it? YES.. FBI is a good place to start especially concerning money of this amount and illegal establishments.. no matter what the issue.. It is still the responsibility of that state to cover those winnings or they have committed a crime.

If the state is bankrupt then it needs to state that publicly... I see no statement that says the state can take funds from said lottery and use them to stabilize their misappropriation and debt like tax collected..

It is wrong.. IMO.

illegal indeed...

Economies are busted, won't recover. All part of Agenda 21 I'm afraid.

stop with the friggin info wars shite pleas...once and forall...please

i bet you even believe the wacko that claims al gore and hillary clinton are actually lizard aliens...he has all the proof needed too...just as valid as your agenda 21 sadly so really it has to be absolutely true

Parasites.

If you can't pay out, don't have a lottery.

The state is just stealing from the poor, who are desperate enough for hope that they'll throw their meager earnings into the pot and hope to win.

Yet, this is how the economy works on a large scale. The recorded debts have radically exceeded all the printed money that exists, so they cannot possibly be paid off.

Archived