Windows 10 build 10240 has three small updates to download

steven36

Most of the over 75 million users of Windows 10 have build 10240 installed on their PC or tablet, at least for the moment. Now, Microsoft has released three new updates for build 10240, but at the moment, there's no word on what these files are designed to do for the OS.

The cumulative updates have the Microsoft support numbers KB3081448, KB3081449, KB3081452. The company's support site currently doesn't list anything under those numbers, but it's more than likely these are just a few bug fixes for Microsoft's latest operating system. A few days ago, a Microsoft spokesperson confirmed the company would not offer detailed change logs for every Windows 10 update, unless it was one of "significance " that added new features.

Remember, these updates are for Windows 10 build 10240. Windows Insider members who have Windows 10 build 10525 won't see these updates.

No change notes yet

Via: Reddit

Source

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KB3081448: This update includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10.

KB3081449: This update improves the Windows 10 out-of-box experience (OOBE). This update applies only to the Windows 10 OOBE process and will be available only at the time that OOBE updates are installed. Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update.

KB3081452: This update makes improvements to ease the upgrade experience to Windows 10. Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/19523-new-kb3081449-kb3081452-kb3081448-updates-windows-8-27-2015-a.html?s=c26c21278b9f55d1c5e8c9b0ea33514f#post365270

kb3081448 it's giving me a hard time. Its taking forever to surpass the 0 per cent and my pc gets stucked while rebooting etc.. really weird behaviour considering i've been using w10 flawlessly.

kb3081448 it's giving me a hard time. Its taking forever to surpass the 0 per cent and my pc gets stucked while rebooting etc.. really weird behaviour considering i've been using w10 flawlessly.

Did you try to run windows update repair and reset you're modem . that worked for me in the past . I done these updates yesterday though without a glitch .

it done 2 updates then i rebooted and came back then it done the 3rd one rebooted many times since all good.

WkrcPtR.png

Did you try to run windows update repair and reset you're modem . that worked for me in the past . I done these updates yesterday though without a glitch .

it done 2 updates then i rebooted and came back then it done the 3rd one rebooted many times since all good.

WkrcPtR.png

I fixed it by removing everything from windows > software distribution > downloads (although there was this folder inside which couldn't be deleted)

couldn't stop the wuauclt service either so I ran safe mode and successfully deleted everything left.

Then searched for updates and got fixed.

Archived