• Replies 260
  • Views 114.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

Just to make things clear:

Can I make a clean install of win10 after the OPA-Backup?

If you have already activated Windows 10 ---------------YES you can do clean installation and restore activation using both tools there. : )

Yes I have already tried & it is not working on Windows 10

Surprisingly, I just reset my Windows 10 (after screwing up Store apps badly in an attempt to make Mail work) and restored the backup made after first installation (August 5) - Office 2013 got activated and Win10 did not lose activation either.

I have Windows 8.1 and Office 2013, and I have the problem with MSActBackUp no button action "Save Activation".
I have not figured out how to solve.
Here is the picture:

Senza_titolo_1.jpg
upload

november_ra1n

I have Windows 8.1 and Office 2013, and I have the problem with MSActBackUp no button action "Save Activation".

Here is the picture:

You need to manually delete unnecessary second key --------Office Grace period key ------> See first page #1 >>> Under the spoiler tag of Troubleshooting (1) for grey out Save Activation Button about how to delete.

Here is the picture:

You need to manually delete unnecessary second key --------Office Grace period key ------> See first page #1 >>> Under the spoiler tag of Troubleshooting (1) for grey out Save Activation Button about how to delete.

Thank you. I solved!

manual backup not working with me ( windows 10 pro upgrate from win 8 pro retail online active). i restore all spp folder but still lost activation. then i re enable internet and restore clean spp folder (after clean install) and MS actiivated for me^^

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Advanced Tokens Manager from Josh Cell Softwares? Looks like it supports Windows 10 (though not officially declared to). Don't have anything to try it on, though.

Yes I have already tried & it is not working on Windows 10 ---------Advanced Tokens Manager v3.5 RC 5 --- Failed [Tokens error -- Invalid backup for the product]

There are two tools also Manual Backup working nicely on Windows 10 beside MTK 6 Beta working too. Chose any tool you think best for you. Good Luck. : )

Well, i have tried it on my Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB N x64 activated via Online Method ( MAK Key from you -P7JW9 ) and it worked B)

btw i don't have any Office Suite in my system because i'm still waiting for Office 2016 :p

Windows%2B10%2BLTSB%2BN-2015-09-13-07-57

[..] but grace period key is there!

^^ Just btw., teh TorchSoft Registry Workshop is what I'm using, these days, for Registry editing... It's pretty neat! =)

* a review is @

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2360050,00.asp

Edit: (Useful) Screenshots, Softpedia:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/Registry-Workshop.shtml#sgal_0

hoveringfalcon

Those who have activated their Windows 10 product through online activation can automatically activate the new final builds.

eg. When someone will install the final build released in November, Windows 10 Enterprise Threshold 2 clean install will automatically get activated for those who activate Threshold 1 online, but not for those who activated through phone as in Windows 10 phone activation, Microsoft doesn't backup the Hardware ID with Key on its server in phone activation case even if user stays online for long time after phone activation.

And those "activation backup" program will also not work as the build number of threshold 2 intallation would be different.

Any idea how will people reactivate their phone activation of Threshold 1 in Threshold 2?

[i asked this because TH1 is CRAP, I am reading that TH2 would be more complete and better. So, using a clean install of TH2 as daily driver would be good. TH2 will be worth moving from Windows 7]

Those who have activated their Windows 10 product through online activation can automatically activate the new final builds.

eg. When someone will install the final build released in November, Windows 10 Enterprise Threshold 2 clean install will automatically get activated for those who activate Threshold 1 online, but not for those who activated through phone as in Windows 10 phone activation, Microsoft doesn't backup the Hardware ID with Key on its server in phone activation case even if user stays online for long time after phone activation.

And those "activation backup" program will also not work as the build number of threshold 2 intallation would be different.

Any idea how will people reactivate their phone activation of Threshold 1 in Threshold 2?

[i asked this because TH1 is CRAP, I am reading that TH2 would be more complete and better. So, using a clean install of TH2 as daily driver would be good. TH2 will be worth moving from Windows 7]

This is the reason we have open this topic anyone activate on TH1 Via Phone can backup and restore the activation on TH1

hoveringfalcon

This is the reason we have open this topic anyone activate on TH1 Via Phone can backup and restore the activation on TH1

You didn't understand...I am saying, how can we use the saved TH1 activation backup to activate a clean installed TH2?

Can we use in such a way?

Yup,..not working on windows 10 pro, [..]

No comprendo... Why aren't you (guys), just, using teh Microsoft Toolkit?! It's a proven tool: it -even- used to have its own forum, b4 it had gotten shut down /removed (what was it, having trouble recalling the name - as it's been a while since it went down)

Current version: Microsoft Toolkit 2.6 BETA 1, MTKV26B1 ("Microsoft Toolkit.exe"); & 2.5.3 (4?!) Stable.

^^ I mean, if you're having trouble with various -other- methods - this is the official KMS solution, from the same guys who had brought the *original* Office activator, years ago.

P.S. 4 Windows 8.1 there's the Inner Peace script /program, too!.. :)

Edit: Oic, duh, that reply - as well as my post - is offtopic; since this topic is regarding backing-up the activation!.. Sorz about that!! :-/

You didn't understand...I am saying, how can we use the saved TH1 activation backup to activate a clean installed TH2?

Can we use in such a way?

You should be able to take backup files from TH1 and activate TH2 restoring activation files on the clean installation. End of the days same key activate TH1 and TH2 and same operation system with different build number.

hoveringfalcon

Okay, so you say it can't be used that way, ofcourse.

NEW QUESTION- If we let the GWX to reserve an upgrade and do not upgrade till TH2 release in November....would we able to upgrade and activate Windows 10 TH2 directly?

hoveringfalcon

You should be able to take backup files from TH1 and activate TH2 restoring activation files on the clean installation. End of the days same key activate TH1 and TH2 and same operation system with different build number.

The corporate America is responding to the bad timing of Windows 10 release. Satya Nadela is a disgrace on India, he made spyware go mainstream and let an unfinished product loose on general population for testing it en-masse.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/atts-surface-3-business-tablets-opt-windows-8-1-pro-instead-windows-10

• 2 weeks later...
november_ra1n

How solved it :(

i have not installed office 2016 :(

Unticked Office 2016 key in the list and backup...

or delete the key in your system see first page troubleshooting spoiler command prompt how to delete the Office key.

How solved it :(

i have not installed office 2016 :(

Unticked Office 2016 key in the list and backup...

or delete the key in your system see first page troubleshooting spoiler command prompt how to delete the Office key.

i can't unticked key and now don't have installed office, i clear all with ccleaner

november_ra1n

i can't unticked key and now don't have installed office, i clear all with ccleaner

Delete that Office key using last 5 digit you can see on your screenshot than try to backup again.

Troubleshooting (1) for grey out Save Activation Button:

Usually Office 2013 Retail Edition shows 2 different key on the program saving activation section one of the key name Office 2013 Retail Grace Period key this is unnessary Office key and need to delete to order to use Save Activation button.

Delete the grace period key:

cmd (admin)

[x64 bit office on x64 bit Windows or x86 on x86]

OR

[x86 bit office on x64 bit Windows]

*KEY-VALUE = Last five digit of Office Product Key

cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:KEY-VALUE
cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:KEY-VALUE

Delete that Office key using last 5 digit you can see on your screenshot than try to backup again.

Troubleshooting (1) for grey out Save Activation Button:

Usually Office 2013 Retail Edition shows 2 different key on the program saving activation section one of the key name Office 2013 Retail Grace Period key this is unnessary Office key and need to delete to order to use Save Activation button.

Delete the grace period key:

cmd (admin)

[x64 bit office on x64 bit Windows or x86 on x86]

OR

[x86 bit office on x64 bit Windows]

*KEY-VALUE = Last five digit of Office Product Key

cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:KEY-VALUE
cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:KEY-VALUE

i have error in cmd :(

november_ra1n

There are two cmd command one for Office 64 other 32 bit installer use both one should work.

unpkey:KEY-VALUE

you need to replace last 5 digit of the office key instead of key value in the command line.

There are two cmd command one for Office 64 other 32 bit installer use both one should work.

unpkey:KEY-VALUE

you need to replace last 5 digit of the office key instead of key value in the command line.

it is good?

cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:WFGG9

november_ra1n

it is good?

cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:WFGG9

Yes that is the way you delete the key.

it is good?

Yes that is the way you delete the key.

don't work x86 and x64 :(

Archived