• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Views 114.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2018 at 7:41 AM, onlygreen said:

[ask] why after i updated my Windows, my activation is gone..?

If it has been an ordinary patch update... it's rare, you should usually maintain activation if it has been via a mak key or via phone. But if it's a major version upgrade then it's more likely to happen, try activating it again with your activation backup.

Solved

You have to:

1-enter manually the key to replace the unknown  xxxx

2-enter the key completely

3-erase all content

then you can pressed enter to continue to the next key to save.

In my case since I only want to backup my Office 2016 MAK key I untick all keys been display and ticked only the one for Office 2016. Then pressed the save button but cannot continue since it keep asking to save one of the untick keys which shows only the last 5 digits (do not remember the rest of the xxxx to fill). 

Therefore can not continue the backup for Office 2016 MAK, which is shown completely.

Any ideas what may be the issue.

ps turned off Norton and MS antivirus as suggested.

Once backup my Office2016 MAK key, turned on the Norton Antivirus and got the following message:

Msactbackup.exe (Trojan Gen2)

Detected by Auto Protect

Quarantined

Security-High

Hundreds of users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Is this a false positive? When need to restore the key, do I need to turn off Norton and run Msactbackup and pressed the restore button?

Please let me know. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi, recently I have not been able open the windows 10 rtm activation links, what is the issue?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2015 at 9:45 PM, november_ra1n said:

If you have already activated Windows 10 ---------------YES you can do clean installation and restore activation using both tools there. : )

Hey @november_ra1n! Glad to write you. I follow you.

I have a confusion and question.

When I backed up my MAK activated office key, I had a kms activated windows key.

Now I have a MAK activated windows. I want to restore office licence.

1. Can I restore only the office licence? I don't want to restore the old kms windows key. 

2. If I restore, is my MAK windows key replaced with the one in the backup?

Or do I have to activate windows again with a new MAK key after restoring from backup?

Thanks a lot!

On 11/27/2018 at 6:18 AM, timi said:

Hey @november_ra1n! Glad to write you. I follow you.

I have a confusion and question.

When I backed up my MAK activated office key, I had a kms activated windows key.

Now I have a MAK activated windows. I want to restore office licence.

1. Can I restore only the office licence? I don't want to restore the old kms windows key. 

2. If I restore, is my MAK windows key replaced with the one in the backup?

Or do I have to activate windows again with a new MAK key after restoring from backup?

Thanks a lot!

Another question. I have saved my confirmation ID given by microsoft chat agent. Can I use the same confirmation ID after reinstalling? Because the same MAK key is still available for phone activation. So, would it work?

On 11/30/2018 at 12:51 PM, timi said:

Another question. I have saved my confirmation ID given by microsoft chat agent. Can I use the same confirmation ID after reinstalling? Because the same MAK key is still available for phone activation. So, would it work?

Yes if you still got the confirmation key that the agent gave you you can use that you just need to insert the key you used then go to 

Goto Run >>> CMD >>> slui 4 

Select UK click next then click enter confirmation ID type in your ID number 

you may need to reboot system after apply the ID 

11 hours ago, KP333 said:

Yes if you still got the confirmation key that the agent gave you you can use that you just need to insert the key you used then go to 

Goto Run >>> CMD >>> slui 4 

Select UK click next then click enter confirmation ID type in your ID number 

you may need to reboot system after apply the ID 

Are you sure about this? Have you tested? Or just a guess?

Does this also work for office if I have its confirmation ID?

Tried a while back if the Installation ID matches his Confirmation ID there will be no problem,

Make sure the Installation ID matches Confirmation ID

same for office 2016

Again make sure the Installation ID matches Confirmation ID

it be just like you would do if you was phoning ms again but you don't phone them

5 minutes ago, KP333 said:

Tried a while back if the Installation ID matches his Confirmation ID there will be no problem,

Make sure the Installation ID matches Confirmation ID

same for office 2016

Again make sure the Installation ID matches Confirmation ID

it be just like you would do if you was phoning ms again but you don't phone them

That's the question now. If the same iso reinstalled on the same computer generates the same installation ID.

2 minutes ago, timi said:

That's the question now. If the same iso reinstalled on the same computer generates the same installation ID.

If nothing has changed on your HW then it be the same ID

4 hours ago, KP333 said:

If nothing has changed on your HW then it be the same ID

Thank you. I have to check that.

Rebuilding the tokens.dat file deactivated windows but the Installation ID was same and my confirmation ID worked. I don't know if the installation ID will remain the same after reinstall. Are you sure about it?

I want to reset the activation on my windows.

I want the "Remaining rearm count" from the "slmgr.vbs /dlv" to show 1001 counts. Mine is showing lesser.

Do you know a way to reset this without reinstalling windows?

what does your show ?

How to Use Slmgr to Change, Remove, or Extend Your Windows License

https://www.howtogeek.com/245445/how-to-use-slmgr-to-change-remove-or-extend-your-windows-license/

33 minutes ago, KP333 said:

what does your show ?

How to Use Slmgr to Change, Remove, or Extend Your Windows License

https://www.howtogeek.com/245445/how-to-use-slmgr-to-change-remove-or-extend-your-windows-license/

Mine shows 1000 because I once used the rearm command.

I want to reset that.

11 hours ago, timi said:

Mine shows 1000 because I once used the rearm command.

I want to reset that.

From what I've read else where the only way would be to reinstalled windows which reset it, if you gonna do that then i would backup your current activation with MSActBackUp first before doing it tho latest version available Here

make sure you install all your drivers & updates before re-activation  you can use your Confirmation ID or use the backup from MSActBackUp both will work 

@timi  You can try this make a partition off about 60GB on your current C:\ drive install windows and office on that try activation with your Confirmation ID code 

3 hours ago, KP333 said:

@timi  You can try this make a partition off about 60GB on your current C:\ drive install windows and office on that try activation with your Confirmation ID code 

I have to reinstall windows anyhow due to many issues that can't be fixed without reinstall. I'll see if the ID is same then. :)

Thanks for your help and response. 😘

6 hours ago, timi said:

I have to reinstall windows anyhow due to many issues that can't be fixed without reinstall. I'll see if the ID is same then. :)

Thanks for your help and response. 😘

have you tried to fix the issues 

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2895-run-sfc-command-windows-10-a.html

or

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7808-use-dism-repair-windows-10-image.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

15 hours ago, KP333 said:

have you tried to fix the issues 

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2895-run-sfc-command-windows-10-a.html

or

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7808-use-dism-repair-windows-10-image.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Yes I've done all those and even upgraded to 1809 with iso.

I've messed up some features which can only be fixed by reinstalling. That's not a problem.

I just don't know about the installation ID for sure after reinstall. If it changes, then I won't reinstall windows now because it's not urgent.

Archived