Windows 7, 8.1 or 10?

jango

Which is better for you to use Windows 7, 8.1 or 10?

and Why?

for me is Windows 7 for compatibility support & easy to use.

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me,,, windows 7 + wins 10 should be installed on PC

Simply 8.1 is Better for me.. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Uses LESS resources than Windows 7 and Windows 10.

personally i was using windows 7 but now i have upgraded to windows 8.1.Windows 8.1 is not bad as i was thinking so for me windows 7 and 8.1 i will give windows 10 a try when it will mature or will be able to use

perlinpinpin

W8.1 (but, with StartIsBack or something in the same way), the best since... XP !

8.1 with Classic Shell by a long shot. Faster, more stable, and tons of little things like the greatly improved task manager that make it an easy win over 7 for me. Win 10 was slower for me, buggy, and had too much crap that is integrated as system apps so trying to remove or completely disable them breaks the OS. For example, if you disable Cortana it still runs in the background. If you try to remove it it breaks the store and God knows what else.

even if on my PC now runnin' win 10 (for to try mostly) think 7 is last good one .integrated in OS drivers for both my laptops worked incorrect after istallation ,fixed by hands twice-in 8/8.1 with wi-fi (it was piece of work btw.) ,in 10 -with Dolby Audio Advanced.Edge piss me off also,half of functions-useless crap imo,still with Firefox .

If you're a home user, Windows 10 is the best and the most beautiful, with updated drivers, decent hardware and a few Windows tweaks... or a lot.

If you're a home user, Windows 10 is the best and the most beautiful, with updated drivers, decent hardware and a few Windows tweaks... or a lot.

sorry bro but "most beautiful" is pretty weak argument even for home user,about "updated drivers" read above.strictly imo.

So far are the best of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

• The reason is very simple - they are stable enough, and all of them can be used, ie users are accustomed.
  • Windows 10 is not stable, contains a lot of mistakes, big risk is to use any kind of the maintenance software - they have not yet been adapted for Windows 10 and they can significantly impair it. For example any cleaners like Wise care registry cleaner (be very carefull and if want to use, make before using backup copies).
  • Windows 10 has been slightly modified structure is not customary, users are not till now accustomed.
  • Personally, I use Windows 10 Pro since July 28 by 2015, all my pc-s are upgraded.

@kalju:

the last point is in opposite with the others :D

That is because I'm just a fool, but very nosy. I'm physicist (by speciality).

LOL ^^ ..sorry I want to like your post but I'm out of daily thanks :D

..however, no problem my post was not to generate fight or flame ;)

jimbojet2011

7 4 now

sorry bro but "most beautiful" is pretty weak argument even for home user,about "updated drivers" read above.strictly imo.

I successfully Installed Windows 10 pro on 2 laptops that were only eligible for Windows 7 and not even certified for Windows 8.1. they are Sony laptops but instead of going to the Sony website for drivers, I downloaded drivers from each hardware manufacturer website and there is no problem at all. most of them show up in Windows update anyway.

i say give windows 10 a try , everything works and even more things that works on windows 10 than windows 8.1

yes xp whas better

then cames windows 7 wow

windows 8 (oops)

windows 8.1 ! ok

now windows 10 not bad.

i will not say what to install . but look at it.

yes it can be better , but it is not so bad as first windows 8 release.

my 2 cents of using windows 10 (it's free)

MPO.. I think that any OS is great.. If you understand which one you are using, then you are in the loop.. if you grasp them all and use them all then you have a better understanding of the options and how to configure which means you are never lst wherever and whatever you are.. You now the caveats of each.. and considerations therefore making you a better user in the long run..

Windows 3.1 anyone or just DOS?... sinewave yay.. :P

How to write commands.. and if it doesn't do it .. can you make it do it?

• The reason is very simple - they are stable enough, and all of them can be used, ie users are accustomed.
  • Windows 10 is not stable, contains a lot of mistakes, big risk is to use any kind of the maintenance software - they have not yet been adapted for Windows 10 and they can significantly impair it. For example any cleaners like Wise care registry cleaner (be very carefull and if want to use, make before using backup copies).
  • Windows 10 has been slightly modified structure is not customary, users are not till now accustomed.
  • Personally, I use Windows 10 Pro since July 28 by 2015, all my pc-s are upgraded.

never use cleaners if you do not know how to use them. the only cleaner you need is ccleaner but turn of registry cleaning ! never use registry cleaning programs in windows. or you know what you are doing and do it manually.

never use cleaners if you do not know how to use them. the only cleaner you need is ccleaner but turn of registry cleaning ! never use registry cleaning programs in windows. or you know what you are doing and do it manually.

Sorry, I don't know if you wanted me to teach how to use them or You mean something else?

Of course, good help is always great joy.

Just stick with what you feel good or give each a try then decide . I'm using windows 8.1 now and have a good experience.

Windows 7 / Windows 10.

8 & 8.1 is junk

let the upgrades die down then watch the updates start rolling out for windows 10.

PS

I had a sound issue with windows 10, The icon disapeers from taskbar and i get no sound but a reboot brings it back, realtek 2.79.

Archived