Windows ten build 10240 expire?

Holmes

I updated to windows ten build 10240 and I saw windows is activated then I look at preview builds and Im not opted in. Is this a bug or do I have windows ten. Does build 10240 expire and if it does when. I dont know if anybody has a answer to this in this forum I do want to know if anybody is experiencing the same phenominon..

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Means you used MS account and you are an insider. You will get new beta builds that way.

If you want just Windows 10 not preview. You need to first update a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system that is activated. You need to also opt out of insider if you don't want the ring builds

I look at the insider builds section and it says get started meaning im not opted in to be a windows insider..

I look at the insider builds section and it says get started meaning im not opted in to be a windows insider..

It shows that on all of them....That is a way to join/get into insider program......If that is what you are talking about don't worry about it.

I have not even enable insider builds in update options, not even loged in with my microsoft email account. Just did a clean install and created a local account and Windows 10 pro is automatic activated.

I see no differance from when i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 on my mothers pc.

I have not even enable insider builds in update options, not even loged in with my microsoft email account. Just did a clean install and created a local account and Windows 10 pro is automatic activated.

I see no differance from when i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 on my mothers pc.

It is under settings, update & security. Click on advanced options.

You will see:

Get Insider Builds

Be one of the first to see future updates and improvements to Windows and provide feedback.

Below that is a button that says GET STARTED

That is normal....Don't click get started and you won't get the insider builds.

It is under settings, update & security. Click on advanced options.

You will see:

Get Insider Builds

Be one of the first to see future updates and improvements to Windows and provide feedback.

Below that is a button that says GET STARTED

That is normal....Don't click get started and you won't get the insider builds.

Yes.

I think you did not get my point :)

Im sorry i have done sleep pills so i may be easy to missunderstand.

No it was probably me misreading your post since the thread is about being opted into preview builds and that isn't what you were saying.

What you say is normal also. If you upgrade a Win 7 or Win 8.1 activated system it will activate. Then afterwards anytime you do a fresh install on that machine it will activate with the Hardware ID stored on MS activation servers. That does not require ever having been an insider or every having or using a MS account.

Guys, i want to share with you what i found somewhere :

"Windows 10: a free update for pirates Yes but...

Earlier in the week, Terry Myerson, a leader of Microsoft, has surprised everybody, including, I think, Microsoft public relations, announcing that everyone would receive a free upgrade to Windows 10, even users with a pirated or non-genuine license. Then there was a big blank, until Microsoft public relations spokesman takes the floor.

First, it confirmed to ZDNet that "the plan to offer free updates for non-genuine copies of Windows applies to all markets", and not only in China. Then an official release has been sent.

"We have always been committed to ensuring that customers have the best Windows experience." With Windows 10, although non-Genuine PCs may be able to upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade will not change the genuine state of the license. Non-Genuine Windows is not published by Microsoft. It is not properly licensed, or supported by Microsoft or a trusted partner. If a device was considered non-genuine gold mislicensed prior to the upgrade, that device will continue to be considered non-genuine gold mislicensed after the upgrade. "According to industry experts, use of pirated software, including Non-Genuine Windows, results in a higher risk of malware, fraud (identity theft, credit card theft, etc), public exposure of your personal information, and a higher risk for poor performance or feature malfunctions".

As you read, this statement has a very confusing sentence: If a device has been regarded as not authentic before the upgrade, this device will continue to be considered as not genuine after it. To hear the company by this declaration remains an enigma.

Obviously, If you are using a pirated Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 version, you will get a free to Windows 10 upgrade but it will be always considered "non-genuine". Is that mean that you will have a nag screen whenever you start? This means that you will be able to use your PC for a few weeks before it is locked and requires you to purchase a license?

Perhaps more worrying, users with a non-genuine version of Windows 10 won't be blocked to the current version of the OS, without being able to update it? If the company provides a free update to Windows 10 for all pirates, while blocking then the update process, would be a very confusing on the part of the Redmond giant gesture. However, Microsoft has already done so in the past, and it would not be surprising that the firm adopts the same scheme with Windows 10.

However, until we get more details from Microsoft, we have to remain cautious about the promise of a free to Windows 10 update and an armistice for the pirates. It is hoped that the non-genuine copies of Windows 10 will still receive updates and security patches, but it is dangerous to make this assumption."

What do you think of this?

Archived