My extrenal HDD it's not beying recognized after installing Wind 10 x64

broascadilie

broascadilie

Hi guys.I have a problem.After clean install Wind 10 PRO x64 my external HDD it's not beying recognized by windows.Plugged in the usb (in the back panel), the HDD light flashes and i can feel while holding it that it's spinning but i cant see it in windows.

Producer page is this : http://mhb.maxell.eu/rm/products/maxell-e-series-usb-2.0-hdd-e-series-hdd-black-2.0-2.5inch-1tb-787.aspx

Change language on site if u have to.

What i have tryed to do to solve this :

Changed the usb port : doesnt worked

Tryed messing around with Disk Management : doesnt worked

Looked for drivers or something similar but with no succes.

Was working in Wind 8 x64 PRO

It will only show in Device Manager after clicking to show Hidden Devices but there at properties it tell me that it's not connected.

What can i do ?

1TB capacity it has,5400RPM,8MB cache

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try and make sure that the disk has been ejected.. from each port..

If your machine is afresh installation, Go to Windows Update and make sure that all updates and drivers have been installed and if your manufacturer website offers any updates for the USB Drivers.

Also on some chipsets.. certain devices have stopped working with driver updates.. So make sure you do a check for Firmware, Chipsets, ect... Some drivers will cause issues such as Intel's Fabric Drivers and some of the little known drivers that need to made and installed for the machine,, Trail Bay for example on mine the Built-in camera and microphones quit working, and with the recommended TXE drivers it seems to break USB operation... Though I would not ever use anything but Intel... :) These can be uninstalled without a problem.

There can also be issues with the PCB on board the drive and controller issues.. Particularly if the drive has been keep on for extended periods of time and heat has effected the solder on the chips..

I have experienced several of these issues myself as of late.. and these elements were all in play... So one part at a time... you should get to the bottom of it. :) Same issues with Windows 8.1 Enterprise and Home Editions. ( x64 )

One more thing.. Look for windows that state device is being installed.. it may take a minute for it to show up but once it has loaded and installed drivers it should be fine..

how old is the hard drive...i had one external drive that was seen by windows 7 but windows 8 would not see it..downloaded new drivers/firmware for it windows 8 saw it but my computer would not restart if the drive was operational om windows 8 and windows 8.1 and the same with windows 10...so now i just have it a drawer and use it just as an extra (third and totally redundant just in case) backup drive for photos and documents i never wish to lose.... and never have it connected until l i actually have to use it...there was just nothing i could find that allowed restarts with it running computer just stopped an a bank screen and would not get past that spot in the restart

i also have problem installing windows 10, when i try to reset fresh install after successful upgrade from windows 8.1, after restart i have blue screen error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" then my laptop is hang freeze, i just force turn off my laptop then when i turning on again there is no display, i thought my laptop is dead broken :( , i spend lot of times to repair my laptop, i just thanks that i fix my problem, i reset the bios, format my drive then fresh install. Luckily activated without entering key :D

1. Remove all accessories, USB Drives etc
  2. Make a clean installation
  3. Download and configure all updates and drivers
  4. Restart and then we start to talk about further.

Archived